• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Football is changing

Spurs7891

Jermaine Jenas
Spain overcame years of mediocrity to win the Euro 2008-2012 and WC 2010.
Real Madrid won the CL in 2014 for the first time since 2002.
Liverpool almost winning their first league title since 1990.
European team, Germany, won their first ever WC in South America
Germany won their first ever WC since changing their name from West Germany to Germany.

What is next ? England or Netherlands winning the WC ? Or a new team like Belgium emerging as WC winners in 2018 ? Even better, Spurs winning their first league title since 1961 ?:-k

Last edited:
Special mention to Atletico Madrid for winning their first Spanish league title since 1996.
There are so many uncommon things happening in football world in recent years.
Just wish Spurs can make use of that by somehow winning the league title.

its always been cyclical, when i was a kid united were ****, chelsea were a joke and villa and norwich were normally the top 2 at xmas

It's not changing that much. The top teams in England and Europe remain the same few clubs that have dominated for as long as I can remember and it doesn't look like changing either. It's the same European and south American nations that have dominated the world cups in years gone by that are still doing it now. 3 of the 4 semi finalists have won the world cup 3+ times.

Come back when Serbia, Ivory coast, Australia, USA, Japan etc etc are in the later stages of the world cup or when Spurs win the league or Getafe win La Liga. The fact that a couple of the big teams that haven't performed well lately have come back to being good doesn't mean football is changing. Football won't be changing until there's a wage cap or spending budget or something, the current big boys will always be the big boys.

It's not changing that much. The top teams in England and Europe remain the same few clubs that have dominated for as long as I can remember and it doesn't look like changing either. It's the same European and south American nations that have dominated the world cups in years gone by that are still doing it now. 3 of the 4 semi finalists have won the world cup 3+ times.

Come back when Serbia, Ivory coast, Australia, USA, Japan etc etc are in the later stages of the world cup or when Spurs win the league or Getafe win La Liga. The fact that a couple of the big teams that haven't performed well lately have come back to being good doesn't mean football is changing. Football won't be changing until there's a wage cap or spending budget or something, the current big boys will always be the big boys.

And the fourth has made three finals.

Its funny how one person can feel the exact opposite of how I feel about football at the moment. The World Cup was fun. But in the end the same old teams are in the semi finals. Belgium with their mass of talented players got nowhere near it. And Holland who I wanted to win just because they never had got knocked out by the Argies.

The Champions league is pretty much the same. Yes every now and then and unusual team makes a run. Dortmund or Athletico. But its pretty much the same stuff every year.

The Premier league is the same. Just Fat cats changing it with Billionaire owners.

Maybe im getting old and skeptical. But it seems more fun to support a lower league team where you might actually win the league. Even the FA Cup which used to bring up varied winners is pretty stale now.

Its funny how one person can feel the exact opposite of how I feel about football at the moment. The World Cup was fun. But in the end the same old teams are in the semi finals. Belgium with their mass of talented players got nowhere near it. And Holland who I wanted to win just because they never had got knocked out by the Argies.

The Champions league is pretty much the same. Yes every now and then and unusual team makes a run. Dortmund or Athletico. But its pretty much the same stuff every year.

The Premier league is the same. Just Fat cats changing it with Billionaire owners.

Maybe im getting old and skeptical. But it seems more fun to support a lower league team where you might actually win the league. Even the FA Cup which used to bring up varied winners is pretty stale now.

A lot of lower league fans bemoan the Premier League for it's money and the , but the only way out of the Championship is with money. After watching a lot of exciting South American teams at the World Cup, I'm quite intrigued to start following some of their leagues, to see whether the atmosphere the fans brought to the tournament translates to the domestic leagues.

One thing that annoyed me immediately after the World Cup was over was Dharmesh Sheth. Back with his iPad and talking about how many hundreds of millions the Premier League teams have spent this transfer window. The whole league and it's affiliated media are obsessed with money, the very thing that is crippling English football. Eventually the bubble will burst, and with fans out-priced, attendances will dwindle. Within the next 10 years there will be a situation similar to Italy in the late 90s, where stadiums are close to empty.

Last edited:
A lot of lower league fans bemoan the Premier League for it's money and the , but the only way out of the Championship is with money. After watching a lot of exciting South American teams at the World Cup, I'm quite intrigued to start following some of their leagues, to see whether the atmosphere the fans brought to the tournament translates to the domestic leagues.

One thing that annoyed me immediately after the World Cup was over was Dharmesh Sheth. Back with his iPad and talking about how many hundreds of millions the Premier League teams have spent this transfer window. The whole league and it's affiliated media are obsessed with money, the very thing that is crippling English football. Eventually the bubble will burst, and with fans out-priced, attendances will dwindle. Within the next 10 years there will be a situation similar to Italy in the late 90s, where stadiums are close to empty.

I agree. I would prefer if Premier league teams could part own a lower level team. Use them as a sort of B team without it being an actual B Team. Kind of like what we were doing with Swindon. That way you get to see some young high profiles players but also those clubs get some much needed cash filtering down and it helps the youngsters to learn in a competitive environment. IF for example we had bought Leyton Orient and then send around 5-6 players to them for next season whilst maybe sponsoring them. Something along those lines.

I want to see my team train its own players and then just add a few big money signings. Im sick of the money grabbing players. I want to see our youth get a chance. I dont want us to sign a left back, I want Rose to learn and get better. I want Benteleb to continue to thrive. Townsend to learn to look up more, pass more and shoot on target. And have a team of good young players with a few Lamelas etc. I Was gutted we sold Caulker. Livermore is no worse than Pualinhio or Holtby for example.

I seem to prefer to watch euro leagues now. The German league or the portuguese league. But they also have their levels. But at least their tickers are well priced. I can Watch Porto for 15 euros for example. Tickets are way over priced. £72 for the scum game. ITs just a joke.

Back