• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Football Intelligence

I don’t see an issue with Sissoko’s football intelligence. He obviously doesn’t have the best football ability, but clearly carries out coaches instructions extremely well hence why he’s been practically an ever present for both coaches he has worked under despite his limitations. But of course, we can’t have a thread without digging him out somehow....

I don’t see an issue with Sissoko’s football intelligence. He obviously doesn’t have the best football ability, but clearly carries out coaches instructions extremely well hence why he’s been practically an ever present for both coaches he has worked under despite his limitations. But of course, we can’t have a thread without digging him out somehow....
Sissoko is the perfect managers player
It’s why they all want rid then quickly change their tune

Kyle Sleepwalker, on the other hand, lacks intelligence having relied over the years on superior pace and physical skills to quickly recover when he's made one of his frequent bad decisions.

I'm a big disliked of Sissoko but even I can't say he lacks football intelligence, ability yes that another debate entirely.

Jenas
Walker
Lamela
Sanchez
Aurier

Are players that spring to mind. They all have quality but all let down by the mental (Aurier massively improved in this regard).

Some of the best players I've seen were as thick as brick but had bags of natural talent. I wonder if the modern game wants players who can follow a plan set by the manager rather than those thinking for themselves.

Some of the best players I've seen were as thick as brick but had bags of natural talent. I wonder if the modern game wants players who can follow a plan set by the manager rather than those thinking for themselves.
100%
The football machine now is so focussed in coaching direction it’s scary
Players still need ability but malleability is the key. When I used to see Chelsea youth play when they were winning very thing they had an identikit set up. None of their players were taught to think for themselves and that’s why they struggled in the first team IMO.
Sending some out to derby worked wonders for them (although the hype is still great considering how little they have delivered).
Players need to be given scope to develop their own style and their own techniques without being drilled in systems. Then see how a system can fit them
I loved a coaching system I once read about form
Brazil where every day the players turned up they were given a coin with a number on it and that number was where they would play that day. It taught them an awareness and a focus on every position with the requirements to succeed in each one.

400%
The football machine now is so focussed in coaching direction it’s scary
Players still need ability but malleability is the key. When I used to see Chelsea youth play when they were winning very thing they had an identikit set up. None of their players were taught to think for themselves and that’s why they struggled in the first team IMO.
Sending some out to derby worked wonders for them (although the hype is still great considering how little they have delivered).
Players need to be given scope to develop their own style and their own techniques without being drilled in systems. Then see how a system can fit them
I loved a coaching system I once read about form
Brazil where every day the players turned up they were given a coin with a number on it and that number was where they would play that day. It taught them an awareness and a focus on every position with the requirements to succeed in each one.

The Dutch have been doing a similar thing with young players for years.

Back