• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Football city breaks

clownfoot

Goran Bunjevcevic
Went to the Barca vs Vallecano game recently and built a city break around it. Had a great time and me and some friends want to do some more.

The Lisbom derby is in march and I'm going for the weekend. Has anyone been? Are tickets hard to come by? They aren't for sale on the Sporting website, but viagogo and a few other dodgy looking sites have them for sale now. Any advice?

Anyone recommend any other weekends? Munich and St Pauli are two I want to do

Went to the Barca vs Vallecano game recently and built a city break around it. Had a great time and me and some friends want to do some more.

The Lisbom derby is in march and I'm going for the weekend. Has anyone been? Are tickets hard to come by? They aren't for sale on the Sporting website, but viagogo and a few other dodgy looking sites have them for sale now. Any advice?

I'm afraid I can't recommend any other weekends as I've never done anything like that, but if you don't mind I'd be interested in how much that set you pack price wise? Sounds like good idea. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

If you want some info on Lisbon let me know, I went to our Benfica game last year. Great night out if you can find it. Very reasonable prices for drink, food and hotel too.

I'm planning something similar for a month's time. I'll travel to Barcelona and stay there for a long weekend. I'm going to watch Barcelona v Deportivo.

I'm searching for the best way to buy a ticket. I tried on the official Barcelona website but, although it shows you prices for seated areas, you can't select seats in these areas? I think maybe it's just on sale to members at the moment. So, I'm thinking of buying a ticket from Viagogo.

If you want some info on Lisbon let me know, I went to our Benfica game last year. Great night out if you can find it. Very reasonable prices for drink, food and hotel too.

Went to that game also - stayed in an air bnb place which cost 7 euros a night each and was on the main strip of the shoreditch type district where all the bars were - awesome trip that one

In answer to the OP I reckon the Istanbul derby would be worth a trip, although probably not for the faint hearted

Split is a great place for a few days in Croatia, a lovely little city and Hajduk are one of their leagues better teams iirc

I'm planning something similar for a month's time. I'll travel to Barcelona and stay there for a long weekend. I'm going to watch Barcelona v Deportivo.

I'm searching for the best way to buy a ticket. I tried on the official Barcelona website but, although it shows you prices for seated areas, you can't select seats in these areas? I think maybe it's just on sale to members at the moment. So, I'm thinking of buying a ticket from Viagogo.

The site worked fine for when I went. Try contacting your hotel or hostel and see if they can organise tickets. The game I went to didn't sell out, and there were tickets for sale from booths on Las Ramblas.

While you're there check out a bar called 'Sub Rosa'. I's really small but doesn't get too crowded. They do an amazing chocolate roostertail called Barcelonetta. You won't notice you're getting drunk.

For those who look beyond the EU;

Buenos Aires for the Boca v River Plate game.

Mexico City for the Pumas v America game.

Rio de Janeiro also has about four local derbies which generate amazing atmosphere.

All amazing cities, no danger for tourists and football is as big if not bigger than it is in England.

Went to the Milan derby a few years ago. Amazing atmosphere, Inter won 4-3, who I've always had a soft spot for.

Enjoyed Milan as a city too.

Portugal is an amazing destination for football games. If you go out of the holiday season ( May - Sep ) you can get return flights to Lisbon or Porto for under £100. Stay in a pencao, which is a portuguese version of a B&B for about £20 a night and they are quite nice. And see Porto play for about 20 euros and Benfica or Sporting in Lisbon for about 30 euros or so. Both stadiums have amazing atmosphere.

And the food and drink in Portugal is amazing and cheap to the pound to.

Had a change of plans and I'm having a jaunt around a few countries across Europe. I'm going to a Dukla Prague match to write an article about Half Man Half Biscuit. Stopping at Bratislava then Prague, then Cologne before Amsterdam.

Had a change of plans and I'm having a jaunt around a few countries across Europe. I'm going to a Dukla Prague match to write an article about Half Man Half Biscuit. Stopping at Bratislava then Prague, then Cologne before Amsterdam.
That all sounds great apart from Bratislava, the most grey boring place with miserable people I've ever been to.

Half man half biscuit are ace. Post a link when you've done it please

Back