• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Football and money

It won’t happen and nothing will probably will not happen due to money, but it would be great if the PL and FA would kick City out completely. A message needs to be sent that cheating will not be tolerated at any level. But they also had their chance with Chelsea. Ok that money was lost to Abrambovich and went to Ukraine, but Chelsea received no punishment or sanction when they knew who they were in bed with for twenty years. The UK being in complete thrall to oil states and oligarchs doesn’t help either, I’m nearly done with so called top flight football to be honest. It’s rotten.

Yep, the game stinks in todays world and sad to say those who could change it will not.

Yep, the game stinks in todays world and sad to say those who could change it will not.

This is the pl though which is controlled by the 20 chairmen/owners. Not sure if a few brown envelopes would persuade them to turn a blind eye.

It won’t happen and nothing will probably will not happen due to money, but it would be great if the PL and FA would kick City out completely. A message needs to be sent that cheating will not be tolerated at any level. But they also had their chance with Chelsea. Ok that money was lost to Abrambovich and went to Ukraine, but Chelsea received no punishment or sanction when they knew who they were in bed with for twenty years. The UK being in complete thrall to oil states and oligarchs doesn’t help either, I’m nearly done with so called top flight football to be honest. It’s rotten.

I don't think anything will happen at UEFA and FIFA level yet, think the only way it would is if the EU can become involved and force at least UEFA to clean up its act. I don't know under what laws etc it could do that though. CAS looks to be as bad with no transparency.

With the FA and PL, I think they are going to have to be seen to act. With an independent regulator and a lot of eyes on them now I don't think they can be seen to brush it under the carpet.
I could be wrong but hope this will be the first step to putting a stop to corruption and blatantly disregarding the rules.

I don't think anything will happen at UEFA and FIFA level yet, think the only way it would is if the EU can become involved and force at least UEFA to clean up its act. I don't know under what laws etc it could do that though. CAS looks to be as bad with no transparency.

With the FA and PL, I think they are going to have to be seen to act. With an independent regulator and a lot of eyes on them now I don't think they can be seen to brush it under the carpet.
I could be wrong but hope this will be the first step to putting a stop to corruption and blatantly disregarding the rules.

Yeh this is it, FIFA have done zero to clean up its act post Blatter and are clearly complicit in the game now, they are desperate to cosy up to the new money projects regardless of the knock on effect. UEFA are no better.

Im not naive to believe the PL is perfect but when those above you including the CL paymasters are as they are you have to fight it alone and you are likely going to lose. These people take a gun to a fist fight and have the best lawyers and money the PL don't and just wrap things up

For anything to happen all three have to be on the same page IMO

I see Jordan Henderson is getting £700k a week to go over to Saudi Arabia.

The authorities are making tens of billions of pounds in profit every month via the oil business. Combine this with their current intent and its game over for european football.

Just depends if this current intent is short lived or If they really want to go for it. If they really want to go for it that league will 100% take over.

At the moment they are at the building credibility stage and in a couple of years when for example there is a Rice transfer in the making, an Al Hittad will match the bid and just offer him 10x what the european club will offer.

Slowly the prem will resemble the championship and the Saudi league will take the big tv deals.

This all depends on the extent of what they want to do. If they have the intent to take over then its guaranteed it will happen.

The authorities are making tens of billions of pounds in profit every month via the oil business. Combine this with their current intent and its game over for european football.

Just depends if this current intent is short lived or If they really want to go for it. If they really want to go for it that league will 100% take over.

At the moment they are at the building credibility stage and in a couple of years when for example there is a Rice transfer in the making, an Al Hittad will match the bid and just offer him 10x what the european club will offer.

Slowly the prem will resemble the championship and the Saudi league will take the big tv deals.

This all depends on the extent of what they want to do. If they have the intent to take over then its guaranteed it will happen.

Its not realistic long term though, in order for that to be a reality they would need to extend to 20 teams, then half of them would need to be at a standard that makes the league watchable, in order to do that to the level they are now, thats a billions a year in wages alone per team, before transfers. Times that by 10 teams, by ten years for the league to be established and credible, I just don't see it. They might be rich but you are talking hundred of billions over a period just to get the league established.

And if that is their dream they are going the wrong way around it, no one is going to pay or even watch the football they produce next year because no one really cares about seeing Ronald, Kante, Henderson or a team managed by Gerrard IMO. They are doing this but their fans are still watching the PL and they are paying top whack to do so.

Their biggest strength with also be their biggest downfall IMO, players will know that they can go to Saudi at the end of the career and earn massive money, so why would you go in your prime? Still earn massive money in Europe knowing that you can go there at 31 and finish you career with a top up. Players and agents will manipulate and use that market as they like, thats what they do

European footballs far too established for far too long for the status quo to be changed IMO. They can't replicate the prestige thats in place to win La Liga with Barce or Real or win the CL, it will take even longer than 10 years for people to wake up thinking it was their dream to win the Saudi League

Last edited:

Hooray

I don’t think it will last long, we had the same with China a few years back.

They will get bored of it quickly, long before the league gets anywhere near the respect the European ones have.
And the USA before that.
Something all these people don't understand is that football is rooted in identity, not just money. It's football, not "sports".
Even the Americans finally got that message and have focused on clubs building from the ground up (Beckham aside).

Yeah some good players have gone to Saudi - but no-one that will be hugely missed; it's just like going to Dubai for work, go for a few years, make a loud of cash, get a tan, try not to be arrested, come back to civilization.

Kylian Mbappe: Al Hilal 'make £259m offer' for PSG and France forward

Saudi Arabian side Al Hilal have made a world record £259m bid for Paris St-Germain forward Kylian Mbappe, reports the Press Association.

The 24-year-old France captain, who has a year left on his contract, has refused to sign an extension at the French champions and was not part of the pre-season tour to Japan.

PSG want to sell Mbappe now rather than let him leave for free next summer.

This is remarkably convenient for PSG.

How much would Dier get ? he is team mates with Henderson ...

Sent from my SM-S918B using Fapatalk

Last edited:

Lol. I think you might want to hold off ordering the hearse.

I'm so sick of money. Imagine if we didn't need money anymore. Didn't need to use it as a differentiator between people. All was given to everyone at all times. This is what is going to happen. And we'll start a people's football league, where the fans are an integral part of the club. Every team will have the same opportunity, you won't have an advantage by having lots of money (since we won't have any money). Haha. Imagine that! Wouldn't that be nice? :)

Back