• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News 2023/24

So annoying. Fulham was my birthday (Not a big one like yours Marky) and was hoping to take my 10 year old too. Chelsea on a Monday means my pal won't be able to make it now too.

Honestly think they won't be satisfied until every game is on at a different time and televised,

Apart from fans it must be annoying for the local pubs who would have had a days trade boost instead of a couple of hours in the evening.

Do the police get a say in this? Surely Chelsea 8pm will be harder to police.

Ffs I assumed Villa had not been moved.

There still a chance it may not be. But looking at 'LiveFoootballonTV' website it appears no games for that weekend have to be selected just yet, but as mentioned, absolutely no idea why.

Villa dont have a EL match on Thursday beforehand, so still a good chance it may stay saturday 25/11

There still a chance it may not be. But looking at 'LiveFoootballonTV' website it appears no games for that weekend have to be selected just yet, but as mentioned, absolutely no idea why.

Villa dont have a EL match on Thursday beforehand, so still a good chance it may stay saturday 25/11

They play Legia the week after though, so can't see moving to a Monday (thank fvck). Might be Sunday though. Just wish they'd let us know so I can book the trains.

Do the police get a say in this? Surely Chelsea 8pm will be harder to police.[/QUOTE]

In the old days the police had a lot of say my old man was a policeman & volunteered to do football spurs one week scum the next it was good money. He hated night games guaranteed to kick off.Since the violence has stopped it's all about what the tv want

Last edited:
Do the police get a say in this? Surely Chelsea 8pm will be harder to police.

In the old days the police had a lot of say my old man was a policeman & volunteered to do football spurs one week scum the next it was good money. He hated night games guaranteed to kick off.Since the violence has stopped it's all about what the tv want[/QUOTE]
This is why I asked, there must be more trouble even if it's anti social rather than 80s style fighting. The later the game means there are more people getting the same train at the same time and more time to get on the beer.

I've heard 630pm on a Sunday is now being proposed, which is going to be a nightmare travel wise and for people who want to take kids.

In the old days the police had a lot of say my old man was a policeman & volunteered to do football spurs one week scum the next it was good money. He hated night games guaranteed to kick off.Since the violence has stopped it's all about what the tv want
This is why I asked, there must be more trouble even if it's anti social rather than 80s style fighting. The later the game means there are more people getting the same train at the same time and more time to get on the beer.

I've heard 630pm on a Sunday is now being proposed, which is going to be a nightmare travel wise and for people who want to take kids.[/QUOTE]

Anti social behaviour is much easier to control than the fighting in the 70s & 80 because it would happen anywhere inside the ground on the high street train stations pubs it was crazy.
Even though it might be a 6:30 kick off you can take your Mrs or your kids without worrying about what might happen which is a good thing. Not that I think 6:30 is good that 3:30am where I live now

18:30 on a Sunday will now mean the last train out of Kings Cross (22:35) and home at 01:11. There's earlier trains but with the 10 minutes plus added time we're getting these days, my usual timings are out of the window. All my trains booked under the old sort of timings have been skin of the teeth time (getting through the Ange Postecoglu fan club under the South Stand after the match is an adventure of itself).

Don't see why you can't have games at 11,1,3 and 5 on Saturday and Sunday, 2 midday games double up, and scrap Fridays and Mondays. Make sure the 5 o'clocks are 'derbies', to reduce travel. I don't want to watch football on TV on a Friday and Monday, let alone go to a game.

Looks like GA are now not stopping services at 5pm on Saturday, 10pm last trains out of Liverpool Street
Also trains are running although less of them to WHL and Tottenham Hale before and after the game

LNER have cancelled both my trains to and from Kings Cross. Now arriving 3 hours before kick off and travelling back Sunday morning. Pays to have kids in that there London after all.

Given it's down for a Tuesday @ 19:45 , do we think there is any reason West Ham will be moved? Want to book trains and following day off work.

so they want to make it like the NFL then basically. NFL though has the no saturday football because of College games. So they go THU, FRI, SUN, MON.

the no saturday 3pm games I get because of smaller clubs. But they are just playing around it with the early lunch games and late evening games. Does anyone stay home to watch the Big Match if they are really intending to go watch Wallsall or Orient?

LNER have cancelled both my trains to and from Kings Cross. Now arriving 3 hours before kick off and travelling back Sunday morning. Pays to have kids in that there London after all.
Yep mine are fudged from MK, no Thameslink either so I'll be driving and finding a hotel near a tube. Mate of mine coming down from Cheltenham to go with.

Back