• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Five reasons why Tottenham are the most progressive club in the league

On Swansea, they are more than just a flash in the pan. They have maintained their progress with three managers - Martinez, Brent and Laudrup - so have some foundations that are more important than one man.

On us, the progress we are seeing is just getting us back to where we were and where we should be given our support and finances. It has taken two decades to reverse the damage done by Scholar.

On Swansea, they are more than just a flash in the pan. They have maintained their progress with three managers - Martinez, Brent and Laudrup - so have some foundations that are more important than one man.

On us, the progress we are seeing is just getting us back to where we were and where we should be given our support and finances. It has taken two decades to reverse the damage done by Scholar.

There is no place that 'we should be'. That sort of entitlement has no place here.

The position you as a team are currently in is where your team should be.

Why argue with half the phrase? If you don't think finances affect the position of a clubs, you haven't being paying attention.

Bit unfair on Jol as well to start the count from when Redknapp took over just to make the progression curve look better. What about the previous to 5th places that we had prior to Juande?

Without wanting to take away from Swanseas achievement today and over the last six years, if you are comparing the two I think we are ahead in terms of sustainability. Which is more likely for 2014, Swansea to be in relegation dogfight or Spurs to struggle to finish top 6? I'd say the former is more likely, where as what our achievements over a similar time have shown is perpetually building on our success and looking more and more secure.

But Swansea are in an area with vast potential and could well go from strength to strength. Good to see.

The sustainability is massively influenced by the size of the two clubs (fan base, stadium, revenue).

It would be a massive achievement for a club the size of Swansea if they can avoid being in a relegation dogfight for another couple of seasons running. More of an achievement than us finishing in the top 6 (or even 4) in my opinion.

Swansea is another flash in the pan.

Good management appointments and some luck/foresight in the transfer market has given them a very good run. Unfortunately they are a little too small and the vultures will circle and pick their bones quickly, can see the Manager and a few players moving on soon. chances of them replicating that are very low.

Good luck to them and entertaining to have a promoted club trying to lay football and be successful, but to chicken badge's point, in two years from now, bookies odds would be we are still competing in the top 3-6 spots and you will be saying swan-who??

Not sure about flash in the pan, they've been steadily improving and moving in the right direction for quite a few years now. At what point does it become more than just a flash in the pan?

Of course they are a little to small and they won't continue to grow and improve forever. That doesn't mean that they're doing very well compared to the vast majority of clubs around, particularly when you look at the size of their club and previous achievements. Even if they do get relegated next season or the one after that I will at least remember Swansea, and I think their fans will have fantastic memories from their great performances over several season culminating (so far) in their only real trophy ever. That hasn't been a result of a rich owner throwing money out of the window, or just luck, it's been because they've worked very well over many years, at least as far as I can see.

Why argue with half the phrase? If you don't think finances affect the position of a clubs, you haven't being paying attention.

Half the phrase? It's cyclical.

If we were not finishing as high up as we are, we would not have that support and financial security that we currently have.

Just look at other 'top' clubs that have fallen by the wayside. They had good support, yet now they are still in lower leagues. Have the fans stayed? No in most cases they have not.

The golden goose is to stay in the PL this year (and beyond). The massive increase in TV revenue due to all PL clubs will give small clubs a financial windfall they could hardly contemplate through other means, and although everybody in the PL will be getting similar financial boosts it makes promotion back up at the 1st attempt all the more probable if they can hold on for this year at least. To get relegated this year will really sting those teams from a financial perspective more than most years.

I can see Swansea being around for a few years, especially if they manage to keep a hold of Laudrup.

Swansea should be fine for the near future because they play amazing football.

Look how much they got for Joe Allen and Sinclair.

Swansea's style will endure change and as a result, they will constantly be in a good position to loan players, sell players and get more out of the players they do have.

The only real worry would be if they sold Michu, Williams and other key players but didn't have good replacements lined up. Staying in the PL is massive for them.... I worry about them when it comes to the EL next year because that's a ton of extra fixtures and it has contributed to Saudi Sportswashing Machine going from 5th to relegation battle... The EL messes up almost everyone that enters it. But I think they're better than Liverpool, so they should be able to stay around the top 10 next year, hopefully they don't have horrible injuries or anything.... From there, the PL money should make it easier to stay up... A few seasons of that and they begin the season being able to spend a lot of money... 3 Championship sides come up and have to turn a Championship squad into a PL squad and they won't have had years of enhanced PL money to help them.

Swansea spend wisely, eventually clubs do hit hard times, but there are 10 clubs in the league that should get relegated before Swansea. (As I said though, that EL is a bitch if you don't have the squad to cope with it.)

Back