• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fitness help

swellsy

Kevin Scott
Hi all

anyone know of a good fitness workout plan.

Really looking for something that requires

- A clear plan to follow
- maybe 4-5 days of working out per week.
- only body weight stuff and cardio i guess. Dont want to go to a gym is the key here
- each session changes (although I like running so if it incorporates frequent running that is fine)
- starts quite easy and builds up over say 8 weeks

Need to get fit again.... need motivation

Thanks in advance

Is there a local parkrun by you? Sign up online for that, if there is, it takes place every Saturday at 9am but it's a free event and is a 5km run. That's if you can run that far, if not then search for a sofa to 5k plan and try that for a while.

Join a local running club, it's not only good for running but also a good social event & can help persuade you to go, if you're running with others...extra motivation.

Otherwise, download an app like MapMyRun and just head out for a run, using the app to record yourself. Take it at a comfortable pace, slow down if you are getting exhausted, rather than stop, as you need to push past that first hard mile. It's always the hard irrespective of how fit you are.

Think of the first mile as being not dissimilar to driving a car which has a cold engine. You need to warm up & get the blood flowing, breathing in to tune/get the engine warmed up and the car running more smoothly etc

Then set yourself two days a week, at least, on which days you WILL go running. Even if just for a short while & then stick to it.

Maybe need to make my situation clearer...

Basically.... I like being fit.... am relatively fit... just get bored easily.

Have done a triathlon before.... was up to 22k in my planned marathon but gave up due to getting bored with the running.... plus found it hard to give over the time to running with three young kids...

Situation now is I can find 40 mins to 1 hour a day to do some exercise. ... but need a 'this is what I have to do today' sheet.

Start running again... get bored.

Tried that p90x and got 30 days into it and found some of the activities too time consuming again.

Tried that 30 mins thing by i think the same kinds guys but hated being in front of the I pad trying to follow instructions...

Full of excuses.... I know :)

So.. is there any 8 week or so fitness anything out there that is 40 odd mins a day... changes what you do so keeps you keep.... and doesn't mean you follow some prat on the video

I don't want much do I ??

And before you ask I have tried to do one myself... but gave it up coz I really am no fitness expert...

On that front I hired a personal trainer to do me a plan.... but.... well... just didnt feel he really knew what he was doing....

Probably not helpful but it sounds like you need to just take up a sport to keep yourself interested

Not a bad idea... but my schedule means I have to snatch that 1 hour time during working hours...

Any planned event etc just doesn't work as I can't commit...

It's one of the reasons I kinda give up so much... anything i do is usually on my own and no one is around to keep me motivated...

So I find excuses easy to make with no one to get me back on track or stop me from giving in...

have an affair, 40 minutes shagging each lunchtime will keep you trim and interested

in all seriousness though if you look at something like mapmyfitness/garmin/strava you can have time shifted races against other people, they also have training plans which are pretty customisable, I find the gamification element good fun

Buy a punchbag, maybe a skipping rope. Working the bag will get you fit and you learn a skill (plus it's fun to punch). Combine that with calisthenics, run if you want. In short, train like a boxer.

sign up at a gym, get a personal trainer, tell them what you need/want from your body, if you're asking those questions you need someone to guide you

Get some earphones and go for a run. If you're that serious about it then just put up with the boredom. The only person that will keep you motivated is yourself, if you're going to keep making excuses before you start then you're not going to get very far.

Swimming or gyms bore me to death. Try mountain biking, something you can do by yourself or with friends. Allows you to explore your local countryside, so you're not actually thinking about the exercise, and therefore not boring. If you take it to extremes you get an adrenaline rush as well, and I also find it very therapeutic. Get the right riding gear and doesn't matter what the weather is like.

Download or buy Insanity. Helped me lose 5 stone last year. Google Shaun T it can all be done at home.

And keep at it, no matter how hard it feels. I haven't been running for two months, went back yesterday, and wow, it hurt! Hill running, akin to interval training...up & down...short, then middle, then long. Wish that I hadn't stopped for that 2 months!

Anyway.... tried the affair... as though that was the best idea.. but ended up only being 3 mins of exercise....

Finally ended up with....

Thai boxing

Had my first lesson today....

Lasted nearly 40 mins.... at a pace that was obviously embarrassing for my instructor

Almost through up.

Can wait for tomorrow and the soreness.....

Back