• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

First time to White Hart Lane

I usually park at Ikea and walk to the ground. Takes 10-15 minutes.

We park up in West Road and walk through the estate onto Northumberland Park. Do you walk past the crazy guy on the left just before the Bill Nick, who always tries to predict the score, always seems to shout 'Three-nil Spurs'

I travel up from Southampton and there are a million different ways to get to the ground. On the whole, I'd recommend public transport ahead of car, even if you drive to the outskirts of London and then get a train in. From Bristol, I'd come off the M4 at Chiswick and park in that area (Northfields or South Ealing Station) but I do know that part quite well. Then get the tube in. Alternatively you can try and get into somewhere near the M25 like Hatfield and get a train down to WHL or Northumberland Park.

But if you are going to drive all the way in, avoid coming off the A406 onto the A1010 (leads to Tottenham High Road, and I guess that satnav would send you this way as its quickest) the eastbound A406-A1010 junction is a nightmare. Instead, come down the A10 (you can get this off the M25 anyway) and turn left into White Hart Lane/Crighton Road.

Above all, get there early.... you dont want to muck about with the roads inside the M25 on a week night. Trust me, if you think you will struggle then take the train!!! Paddington to Liverpool Street on the circle line, then 15 mins to Northumberland Park. Job done!

Loads of parking all round the ground , just drive there and pick one close to the ground ?ú5- ?ú10 , if you are getting there early you will have the choice of many and yes getting out can be a pig especially on Wednesday if we are winning comfortably people will often leave early to miss the traffic . I'd say get there early and park on one in the high road (opposite the main spurs store , will take a long time to get out but it's close to the ground, you can walk around and go sit in your car if you want a takeaway, will be easier to find afterwards as well . That's normally where I tell friends who are not familiar with the area or back roads to park - oh and it's also opposite the Bell and hare pub which is s a bonus too ;O)

Hope you enjoy COYS

Pavro Ockabasi it's called. And I agree, it's the absolute dogs danglies. Sit down, get a mixed grill with some houmous on the side and a nice frosty bottle of Efes (just the one mind, you're driving after all) and chill out for a bit. Also, if you want to go to the shop, it does you well to turn up early.
Forget the football - this place if probably the best part of going to the lane! To the OP - give it a visit, the food is lovely!

I always park at North Middlesex Hospital if I drive. 10 minute walk and not so bad to get out of car-wise.

Feels odd trying to imagine what it must be like for somwbody's first time at the lane. I know it all to well to imagine it being new. To be honest, it's not like it's ever got boring. The more I've been the more it feels like I belong, it's my second home with my second family!

I love you Spurs!

Just curious to know, how come you in 42 years still haven't seen a game at the lane before now if you live in bristol? Just curious. :)

another alternative is to drive round the M25 to cheshunt and park in the BR carpark, and take the train down to WHL station.
After the game the Northbound platform rarely has much of a wait and its a short journey back to the car.

Pavro Ockabasi it's called. And I agree, it's the absolute dogs danglies. Sit down, get a mixed grill with some houmous on the side and a nice frosty bottle of Efes (just the one mind, you're driving after all) and chill out for a bit. Also, if you want to go to the shop, it does you well to turn up early.

is that the one with the blue front ?

been eating there for years, awesome mixed kebabs (wrapped)

if there is one thing N17 is good for - it's fantastic options for eating.

people who eat at the burger stands :-s

Was impossible to find somewhere to sit and eat before the game yesterday. All the semi-decent places were rammed cos of the rain.
Really hoping the new stadium has a Starbucks, if we are going corprate then we gotta got the whole hog and venti it up

I always park at North Middlesex Hospital if I drive. 10 minute walk and not so bad to get out of car-wise.

Feels odd trying to imagine what it must be like for somwbody's first time at the lane. I know it all to well to imagine it being new. To be honest, it's not like it's ever got boring. The more I've been the more it feels like I belong, it's my second home with my second family!

I love you Spurs!

A second home yes, but one you would never want to live at! Maybe own and rent out, but never ever where you would want to stay overnight!

enjoy!

there is, but it's murder to get out of the traffic after a game.

personally, when i drive i park in the ASDA and walk down - it's a 15-20 minute walk but you get out just as quick if you're driving that way.

Where is the Asda? Looked online and said one on High St and on Tottenham Hale? The one on Hale said 3hrs max?! :-\ I am coming up to see the Anzi game with my kids tomorrow.

Back