• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fireworks

Papercut

Jermaine Jenas
I don't get it...

Is it about the noise or the visual spectacle?

How can we sell such things to the general public without vetting them??

Having grown up in Wood Green and seen things like fireworks being set-off on buses or the High Street, I never understood how they were sold so freely.

Profesional displays I'm all for but even in middle-class areas I've seen c*nts setting them off until the early hours. Forget the fact that some people might have small kids or animals that aren't used to the noise...

=D>

I love watching big public displays, but private / irresponsible use - no no. Sparklers are evil

I would say irresponsible use, not private use was the issue. Why should people not have their own private bonfire parties?

Don't get me started

They seriously fudge me off

Same old brick. People letting them off days before / after the event because it's convenient for them

I would definitely vote for an outright ban on private use

Southstand! that's the other thing! there is no Fireworks 'night' it's for a month or so. They drop the prices and then you get more and more.

What's it like for the environment? Genuine question.

****s setting off fireworks at 4 this morning.

Even bigger ****s having displays at 10/11 last night!! With my kid in bed!

****s!!

I think the law is you have to stop after 11 PM, but last night I was at my mate's house in Edgware and fudge me they just wouldn't stop. At times it was annoying for me but I just ended up enjoying it.

I'm all for fireworks though. I don't think they should be banned at all. It's not good when chavs get their hands on them, but I've always held the theory that generally they're too expensive for the vast majority of chavs and that they have better things to spend their money on.

What I don't get is that if you want to store black powder in your house (for reenacting etc,) you have to be vetted by your local constabulary, and have a storage receptacle that complies with a specific "British Standard". You are also restricted in the amount of powder you can store.

Firework ownership and usage seems to be totally unregulated, so any Tom, dingdong or Harry could purchase as much as they could afford?

What I don't get is that if you want to store black powder in your house (for reenacting etc,) you have to be vetted by your local constabulary, and have a storage receptacle that complies with a specific "British Standard". You are also restricted in the amount of powder you can store.

Firework ownership and usage seems to be totally unregulated, so any Tom, dingdong or Harry could purchase as much as they could afford?

As long as they're 18 or over yes. I think limiting the amount of fireworks one could own would be very unfair.

EDIT: Professional fireworks require insurance as well I think

Last edited:
I don't care much for fireworks any more, mostly because it's expensive as brick. I'm not wealthy enough to blow away 2-300£ for 10 minutes of lightshow, I can go to a Jean Michel Jarre concert for less than a 100.
And now they've banned the rockets, so you can only buy these big crates that bombards the sky. Lame. Luckily we can only blow them up for three hours once a year.
I do miss firecrackers alot though, used to buy crazy amounts in Sweden until they banned them (in 2001?), blew up everything that was in close proximity. How I still have all my fingers only some unknown deity knows.

they should be banned, going off in and around Epping until midnight, kept waking up my little girl and scaring the dog, had to spend an hour calming the poor thing down

What is it about fireworks that makes everyone act so irresponsible? My parents went round their friend's house last night and were letting them off, my dad says he's got a hangover so I assume (like most years) he had a fair fair while lighting them :)

As long as they are sold and used responsibly I have no problem with them. We had our own private display at home, just a few small fireworks and sparklers at about 8pm on Saturday night. Some **** round my way was setting off massive bangers and rockets at 1:30am Sunday morning, that is definitely not acceptable!

Just had to go and put the car through the wash due to the amount of soot and firework debris covering it.

And, wasn't there supposed to be some restriction on the noise level of the biggest ones?............still being let off after midnight last night, and sounded like WWIII starting.

Pathetic.

I would seriously impose a curfew of 9pm on all this. This is the first year I can remember NOT going to bed early in preperation for an early shift the next day, but they still tinkled me off.

It's just started tonight - bang - bang - bang!

Rememberance day right?? Those who have died in war/s?

Perhaps we need some proper laws.

Mofos

Back