• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fiorentina - match ratings

Never been more confused with ratings before.

Bentelab brick? He was excellent and was the best midfielder on show IMO.

I hate him, but I don't think Paul was that bad. Had a good first half and faded second.

Townsend was really good - beat his man consistently, put some dangerous balls in, created a few chances, made a few clever passes and had a couple of decent efforts. To say he was the reason we didn't win is up there with the weirdest comments I have encountered on here. If Lamela played like that last night there would be some raving about his energy and starting to beat men and how exciting it all is.... I am not his biggest fan but Townsend was good last night and after he went off we lost a lot of impetus!

Townsend was really good - beat his man consistently, put some dangerous balls in, created a few chances, made a few clever passes and had a couple of decent efforts. To say he was the reason we didn't win is up there with the weirdest comments I have encountered on here. If Lamela played like that last night there would be some raving about his energy and starting to beat men and how exciting it all is.... I am not his biggest fan but Townsend was good last night and after he went off we lost a lot of impetus!

Yep, I'd agree with you that's probably true re. Lamela. Sometimes its not so much the performance, but rather the player doing it. Swap the shirts and it seems there can be a different perspective and rating at times.

And, re. Ericksen...'Bad game...but oh well that happens'. Whereas some others may not get that qualifier after a bad game.

Davies...'I'm giving him a break because I feel bad for him because he didn't have much support in front of him'. Well, he may not have, but does Rose get those breaks? I thinks its fair to say Rose has lacked support at times this season. I think if you are LB on this team this season with these players/formation/system then its probably going to happen and likely comes with the territory, for this year anyway, though I'm sure Poch is aware of it.

Last edited:
Always looking to take someone on, dithering on the ball while looking for opportunities to do so, instead of playing simple pass and move football. Then, as more time passed, he started looking for shooting opportunities. Second half he was plain awful. Just not a good fit for how we play.

That seems a little harsh to me, and it actually sounds like some of Lamela's games. If Lamela had put in the performance that Townsend did last night would you be roasting him?

Last edited:
These strawman arguments from you two are boring and blinkered, and lately all too frequent.

in case you hadn't noticed there are plenty that do the same in the opposite situation (Give Townsend a high rating for a performance they'd critisize Lamela for) and for many other pairs of players across the squad. Why not focus on what is said than try and denigrate those who you disagree with all the time?

lloris - 6 - meh.

walker - 7 - good game, his pace is crucial to us.
fazio - 7 - good to see him back in the team
vertonghen - 8 - has always been best alongside fazio, was brilliant
davies - 6 - whilst I understand his need for rest, Rose would have been brilliant

townsend - 5 - constantly doing the wrong thing. looked threatening in the opening 10 minutes.
bentaleb - 8 - man of the match
paulinho - 6 - good in the first half, quiet second. summed up the team.
chadli - 6 - missed too many chances, still not in the right mind and i dont blame him.

eriksen - 5 - rather ordinary, but when hes not providing a last minute goal, he usually is.
soldado - 7 - really good first half, cracking goal.

Nope that's what I saw, after 25-30 mins he stopped taking on his man. He could have him on toast in numerous occasions but seemed to want to run through his repertoire of tricks. I don't remember once after the defender marking him got booked did he have to make another tackle, that's bad in my book.

Nope that's what I saw, after 25-30 mins he stopped taking on his man. He could have him on toast in numerous occasions but seemed to want to run through his repertoire of tricks. I don't remember once after the defender marking him got booked did he have to make another tackle, that's bad in my book.

Fiorentina changed formation at half time and doubled up on him in the second half. That made a big difference to his effectiveness.

Back