• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Financial Fair Play

A) Who says I didn't fulminate vehemently when ours was changed as well? Believe me, I kicked up a fuss then too.

B) However, I didn't hate our new logo quite as much as I hate what Juve have done to their famous crest - because it has at least three elements that kept it roughly in line with our past logos. It has a rooster on a ball, it is navy blue and it has the club's name on it (on versions that aren't on the jerseys, anyway). Juve have *nothing* save for the black and white lettering and the name stuck inelegantly on the top of that stark, lifeless ultramodern 'J'. No animal prancing within a crest, no crown signifying their history...Just a f*cking J.

I know why they've done this - presumably they want to move into real estate and non-football ventures, so they rebranded to make that easier. But it's utterly crap either way.

I dunno... it incorporated the badge shape and the stripes pretty well. Both of our badges have cut out a lot of the fluff to focus on the core elements.

We may think that it lacks character now, but I wonder - how it will be perceived in 5-10 years time after they have created some history with that badge?

Not saying I love it, but I don't see why it's such a huge problem. Times are constantly changing; clubs' badges change with them.

The J also can be consider to be symbolic of a rampant animal (zebra or bull), especially the split at the bottom as the hind legs.

FFP is the most pointless in football.

Means nothing, will lead to nothing but fines these clubs can afford.

UEFA will not ban a big club from the CL because of it.

just financial measures isn't enough.
capping number of players that a club can own ought to be a joint criteria.
the FA can even go further and cap the number of non-brits, just based on brexit

I tell you now, this investigation will lead to nothing - at most it will result in a slap on the wrist in the form of a suspended transfer ban and a symbolic fine.

Oh ... so does that set the precedent now? Should we expect the FFP to go after City and Chelski next? If they don't, then that conviction against QPR is quite simply ridiculous.

Oh ... so does that set the precedent now? Should we expect the FFP to go after City and Chelski next? If they don't, then that conviction against QPR is quite simply ridiculous.

I think these are regulations specific for the Championship or Football League. The PL also have some of their own. UEFA's only relate to teams that qualify for Europe.

I think these are regulations specific for the Championship or Football League. The PL also have some of their own. UEFA's only relate to teams that qualify for Europe.

Ah, I see. Still though, something's obviously wrong somewhere, or someone simply aren't paying the right people the right amounts of cash.

How can they do that to QPR and PSG are apparently just fine? What b0ll0cks, just going after the small fry.

Back