• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Financial Fair Play

Re: O/T Financial Fair Play

Still. FFP is good for the 15 odd teams that are not in the Champions League. Add another sugar coated attempt by a billionaire and the gap between those that can spend regardless gets bigger. The only way Sugar daddies are fair in terms of the Premiership is if everyone has one. And as I have said.. two in the past 10 years isn't bringing in another 15.

Still. FFP is good for the 15 odd teams that are not in the Champions League. Add another sugar coated attempt by a billionaire and the gap between those that can spend regardless gets bigger. The only way Sugar daddies are fair in terms of the Premiership is if everyone has one. And as I have said.. two in the past 10 years isn't bringing in another 15.

You might not have noticed but clubs like QPR, Aston Villa and Sunderland have for 100's of millions each thrown at them by owners what are not getting anything back from it.

You might not have noticed but clubs like QPR, Aston Villa and Sunderland have for 100's of millions each thrown at them by owners what are not getting anything back from it.
They not proper sugar daddy.. they wear the fur coat pimping like they are but in reality.. not on the same level as City & Chelsea. when they start buying 30m players worth only half that.. thats when you know they are pimping it right.. (can you tell I'm on S2 ep7 of the wire lol)

Premier League shareholders ratify rules governing financial regulation of clubs

April 11, 2013 2:26pm

Sky sources understand Premier League shareholders have ratified the rules governing financial regulation of football clubs.

The plans promise two significant controls; to limit players' wage bills from next season and longer-term measures that will restrict the amount of losses clubs can make to £105million over three years.

Clubs whose total wage bill is more than £52m will only be allowed to increase their wages by £4m per season for the next three years, but the cap does not cover extra money coming in from increases in commercial or matchday income.

The ceiling when the wage increase restrictions kick in will be £52m next season, £56m the following year and £60m in 2015-16. Only seven of the current top-flight clubs would be under that ceiling at the moment.

The regulations have come about against the backdrop of UEFA's Financial Fair Play (FFP) initiative.

Under UEFA's new rules clubs are being forced to minimise losses or risk the possibility of exclusion from European competition from 2014/15.

Should Premier League clubs break their proposed new rules, chief executive Richard Scudamore has already confirmed that they will face a points deduction.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8631200/

Premier League shareholders ratify rules governing financial regulation of clubs

April 11, 2013 2:26pm

Sky sources understand Premier League shareholders have ratified the rules governing financial regulation of football clubs.

The plans promise two significant controls; to limit players' wage bills from next season and longer-term measures that will restrict the amount of losses clubs can make to £105million over three years.

Clubs whose total wage bill is more than £52m will only be allowed to increase their wages by £4m per season for the next three years, but the cap does not cover extra money coming in from increases in commercial or matchday income.

The ceiling when the wage increase restrictions kick in will be £52m next season, £56m the following year and £60m in 2015-16. Only seven of the current top-flight clubs would be under that ceiling at the moment.

The regulations have come about against the backdrop of UEFA's Financial Fair Play (FFP) initiative.

Under UEFA's new rules clubs are being forced to minimise losses or risk the possibility of exclusion from European competition from 2014/15.

Should Premier League clubs break their proposed new rules, chief executive Richard Scudamore has already confirmed that they will face a points deduction.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8631200/

what??

Indeed what.

Does that really mean a club qualifying for the CL cannot increase wages in line with the extra TV revenue, which is usually consider separately from commercial and matchday income?

I would be more curious about bonuses that have been agreed upon. Pretty sure we would be paying out more than £4m to our players should we qualify for the champions league.

To do so would be in breach of these regulations, not to do so would be in breach of contracts.

Must be something missing from this.

I think you can spend any money outside the broadcast ones as you like. Which is bad for the smaller ones I suppose, whose earnings mainly come from that, but it prevents them overspending.

Well it's good to see that the powers that be are listening to us by introducing some form of wage cap...

Indeed what.

Does that really mean a club qualifying for the CL cannot increase wages in line with the extra TV revenue, which is usually consider separately from commercial and matchday income?
According to BBC Sport - Premier League agrees new financial regulations
...However, that only applies to revenue centrally distributed by the Premier League - essentially TV income - and does not cover extra money coming in from increases in commercial or matchday income.

Which presumably excludes CL income and thus just sounds like another way of maintaining the status quo to me :-k

Last edited:

Which makes it even more important you reach 4th place this season. The 'big league' is about to become even more exclusive.

Which makes it even more important you reach 4th place this season. The 'big league' is about to become even more exclusive.

It gets more exclusive year on year and don't we know it.

Until they take money away (which is never in a happen) then it will be the haves vs the have nots

Which presumably excludes CL income and thus just sounds like another way of maintaining the status quo to me :-k

Of course it is.

So many people have had the wool pulled over their eyes about so called FFP, it's ridiculous.

Effectively, this rule will allow the biggest clubs (who can earn hugely increased revenues from as yet untapped commercial potential) to continue player wage inflation without censure.

Lesser clubs (whose commercial appeal to potential sponsors is negligible) will have their wage budget capped.

Fairness be damned.

There must be something else to it. Why else would the vast majority of clubs vote for it? It comes across as clubs valuing the satisfaction of safety over ambition, which is sad.

There must be something else to it. Why else would the vast majority of clubs vote for it? It comes across as clubs valuing the satisfaction of safety over ambition, which is sad.

Ambition died a long time ago. Avoiding relegation is the target for all but the select few anyway.

I suppose the PL regulations mean different things to different teams. To my club, it's restricting wealth so we will oppose it. To teams like Man United, it's building a wall between them and the poorer clubs while plastering it and painting it as beneficial to these clubs, so they will support it. To teams like Wigan and Sunderland it ensures that disaster is averted if the worst happens and they're relegated, so they will support it too.

What I don't understand is why teams like Everton and yourselves support it. You're already at a disadvantage to Liverpool, United, Chelsea and Arsenal because they have huge commercial streams already, and the importance of these will only be amplified with the new regulations. I'm not sure, but I think our sales from merchandising and things like that are above yours too, I know our sponsorship deals are. Everton are doomed now. If you don't get Champions League this season, that too could be a bit of a blow, at least until you get this new stadium. Even then, you might already have too much ground to make up.

More than half of the league will suffer from these but only two (I think) opposed it. Like I said, I must be missing something.

I suppose the PL regulations mean different things to different teams. To my club, it's restricting wealth so we will oppose it. To teams like Man United, it's building a wall between them and the poorer clubs while plastering it and painting it as beneficial to these clubs, so they will support it. To teams like Wigan and Sunderland it ensures that disaster is averted if the worst happens and they're relegated, so they will support it too.

What I don't understand is why teams like Everton and yourselves support it. You're already at a disadvantage to Liverpool, United, Chelsea and Arsenal because they have huge commercial streams already, and the importance of these will only be amplified with the new regulations. I'm not sure, but I think our sales from merchandising and things like that are above yours too, I know our sponsorship deals are. Everton are doomed now. If you don't get Champions League this season, that too could be a bit of a blow, at least until you get this new stadium. Even then, you might already have too much ground to make up.

More than half of the league will suffer from these but only two (I think) opposed it. Like I said, I must be missing something.

They are now. But only since Mansour took over.

Spurs' earnings from those sources were significantly greater than City's previously.

They are now. But only since Mansour took over.

Spurs' earnings from those sources were significantly greater than City's previously.

I have this picture in my head of Mansour walking into the merchandising shop at City's ground and buying 10 thousand scarves...

To continue the discussion from a couple of pages back clubs being able to sell their own tv rights is unlikely to happen because you need support of 14 clubs when voting to change league rules.

Back