• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FIFA U-20 World Cup 2013

Kane was good against Iraq, his all round play against Chile was poor (but he did score and provide a great ball that Pritchard should have finished), and was terrible against Egypt.

Pritchard was lively in his two sub appearances but showed little end product.

For the rest of the squad Barkley was the stand-out. I thought the keeper Sam Johnstone was solid enough too (good handling and takes from crosses), although he did give away a penalty against Iraq

Impressive display from France, who are 2-0 up against hosts Turkey.

There were fisty-cuffs at half-time.

Nigeria drawing 0-0 with Uruguay but with a defender sent-off.

Quarter Finals :
France Vs Uzbekistan
Uruguay Vs Spain
Iraq Vs South Korea
Ghana Vs Chile

Only 2 European teams are in the quarter finals which is Europe's worst performance since 2003. But won't be surprised if both France and Spain meet in the Final. Can't see Uruguay or Ghana stopping them. It is clear this tournament have badly missed Brazil and Argentina who both failed to qualify. Both would have brought much needed entertaintment and media attention to this tournament.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if any team has brought down their literal best u20 players? or at least even a large bunch players from their u21/23 teams.
I can see that France have got Kondogbia and Pogba who are probably key players in the u21's, but the rest of their squad doesnt look like u21 members.

I'm thinking maybe it would make sense if someone like Iraq have got their best squad (ie. theyve got their Wheelchair in this team)

Does anyone know if any team has brought down their literal best u20 players? or at least even a large bunch players from their u21/23 teams.
I can see that France have got Kondogbia and Pogba who are probably key players in the u21's, but the rest of their squad doesnt look like u21 members.

I'm thinking maybe it would make sense if someone like Iraq have got their best squad (ie. theyve got their Wheelchair in this team)

I think most European and South American teams are not taking this tournament seriously now, which is really disappointing. Instead they are promoting their talented youngsters to their senior squads very early and send only the half decent players here. The best youngsters ended up being on the fringe of their senior squads, unable to show their talents at the world stage. Teams should be sending their best youngsters to tournaments like these, regardless of they are in the senior squad or not.

hmmm yh. would make for a much better spectacle if it had some big names. although in fairness to some teams, they had the u21 euros not so long ago

Kondogbia looks damn good. Reminds me of Yaya Toure!

The Sevilla player? Looked very good when I watched Sevilla at some point this season.

I think most European and South American teams are not taking this tournament seriously now, which is really disappointing. Instead they are promoting their talented youngsters to their senior squads very early and send only the half decent players here. The best youngsters ended up being on the fringe of their senior squads, unable to show their talents at the world stage. Teams should be sending their best youngsters to tournaments like these, regardless of they are in the senior squad or not.

Which players are missing? Apart from the ones that were good enough to get into the U21 Euro squads.

The Sevilla player? Looked very good when I watched Sevilla at some point this season.

Which players are missing? Apart from the ones that were good enough to get into the U21 Euro squads.

Don't know which ones but teams like Brazil, Argentina, Germany and Netherlands certainly have many talented youngsters in their senior squads. They would have easily qualified for this tournament if they had used their best youngsters.

Don't know which ones but teams like Brazil, Argentina, Germany and Netherlands certainly have many talented youngsters in their senior squads. They would have easily qualified for this tournament if they had used their best youngsters.

Qualifying games is a completely different discussion though.

Normally youth qualification games are played in the same international breaks as the senior games. If a player is good enough to be in the senior squad at that point then I see no valid argument for saying that they should be in the youth squads.

I thought the argument was that teams that had qualified were keeping some of their youth players out of this tournament despite not having any senior international games (or u21 games) this summer.

I'm not sure about the other "smaller" teams, but Korea don't have anywhere near their strongest possible team either. So thats why i'm presuming maybe most teams in this competition haven't brought their best teams down either.

I'm not sure about the other "smaller" teams, but Korea don't have anywhere near their strongest possible team either. So thats why i'm presuming maybe most teams in this competition haven't brought their best teams down either.

Cheers :)

Having a look at the Uruguay-Spain QF. Still not overly impressed with Deulofeu for right now at least, obviously talented of course.

Been impressed with Oliver Torres.

So, Uruguay knock out Spain after extra time. Never thought Spain will lose to Uruguay. With Spain out, Ghana is the only remaining former winner of this tournament. But Ghana will have to play France in the semi finals if they overcome Chile. France easily beat Uzbekistan 4-0 to progress to semi finals. It looks like it will be a France-Uruguay final.

Spain played some good football tonight but were fairly feeble when it came to finishing-off the chances they created.

Back