• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fernando Llorente

The next number 9 we buy should be someone who has previously shown that they can score off the bench.

How about Morata to rebuild his career under Poch, going back to his super sub role? Highly unlikely, but it's the type of move we should be looking to make imo.

Weirdly, Chelsea have got two forwards who are crap from the start but have good records as substitutes.

Funny I was thinking the same thing about Morata. Out of fashion now, Poch would have him looking like a £100m player after 6 months to a year, IMHO

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Poch's interview after the game all but confirmed that we're talking about selling him...said things like "players want to play", "never know what will happen"

Great that he got a hattrick, and I'm fine with him leaving, but we need a body in in his place
Exactly. He barely influenced the game when they were defending deep and if we really want a big man to lump it to for the sum of about an hour in the prem then I’m sure we can get someone on less than 100k a week. He’s not mobile enough to play any significant role for us, IMO.

Funny I was thinking the same thing about Morata. Out of fashion now, Poch would have him looking like a £100m player after 6 months to a year, IMHO

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Yeah. I don't think it will happen in a million years, but he'd be ideal because he basically made his name as a super-sub/squad player. I always doubted how well he'd do at Chelsea because he was never the main man anywhere before that, and being a starting forward every week in England is different to coming off the bench and getting the odd start in Spain/Italy. And he did start well at Chelsea before, imo, the physical toll caught up with him (and then compounded with off-field troubles). Going back to being a sub/backup would work for him imo. I doubt it will happen though...

Yeah. I don't think it will happen in a million years, but he'd be ideal because he basically made his name as a super-sub/squad player. I always doubted how well he'd do at Chelsea because he was never the main man anywhere before that, and being a starting forward every week in England is different to coming off the bench and getting the odd start in Spain/Italy. And he did start well at Chelsea before, imo, the physical toll caught up with him (and then compounded with off-field troubles). Going back to being a sub/backup would work for him imo. I doubt it will happen though...
When Morata first came to Chelsea he looked the real deal but as soon as he had his first goal drought his confidence dropped and he hasn’t seemed to have recovered. Seem to remember Poch said we spoke to him and he didn’t want to compete with Kane and Zola has said something recently about him needing to toughen up mentally. As strikers are judged on goals and this doesn’t always match the individual performance to play there you have to be mentally strong. Defoe was a great example of someone, whatever you think of his ability who if he missed a chance never hid and just wanted to get the next one, Kane seems similar and although Morata may have the superior technical ability he doesn’t look like he’s got the chops for it, in this league at least.

When Morata first came to Chelsea he looked the real deal but as soon as he had his first goal drought his confidence dropped and he hasn’t seemed to have recovered. Seem to remember Poch said we spoke to him and he didn’t want to compete with Kane and Zola has said something recently about him needing to toughen up mentally. As strikers are judged on goals and this doesn’t always match the individual performance to play there you have to be mentally strong. Defoe was a great example of someone, whatever you think of his ability who if he missed a chance never hid and just wanted to get the next one, Kane seems similar and although Morata may have the superior technical ability he doesn’t look like he’s got the chops for it, in this league at least.

Probably another reason he played better at clubs where he wasn't the main man, less pressure to deliver.

I think he's a good player and I'd happily keep him till the summer, knows the squad and manager now. Knows what its like to win trophies and doesn't seem to have a bad attitude or anything. We should use him a bit more really.

I liked how we looked when he started with Kane in Madrid, surprised we've not seen that tried again.

I think he's a good player and I'd happily keep him till the summer, knows the squad and manager now. Knows what its like to win trophies and doesn't seem to have a bad attitude or anything. We should use him a bit more really.

I liked how we looked when he started with Kane in Madrid, surprised we've not seen that tried again.
We haven’t played a team that we genuinely thought were better than us since then

Probably another reason he played better at clubs where he wasn't the main man, less pressure to deliver.
True. To be fair coming off the bench and adjusting to the pace of the game is a difficult skill too, especially if the team is panicking in possession and the crowd are anxious.

I do remember a little period when Pav was coming off the bench that I was almost expecting him to score.

Unless Arp's visit to Wembley was linked to a transfer, I'd give Llorente another 12 month contract and focus on more important areas over the next two windows

Unless Arp's visit to Wembley was linked to a transfer, I'd give Llorente another 12 month contract and focus on more important areas over the next two windows
Arps trip to Wembley to see Harry was akin to that of the league of South Koreans who make the pilgrimage to see Sonny.

Arp was at best dreaming of a selfie and maybe an autograph on his lovingly made ‘Harry, please sign my poster’ banner.

Back