• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fergie: Retired, Moyes: Sacked, LVG/Giggs: The New Super Duo

Re: Fergie: Officially Retiring

I think that Moves is a lot better manager than many people give him credit for. It's obviously a step up from Everton to Man U but every big name manager has to make a step up at some time in their career.

Just don't see it.

He plays not to lose. Unless he changes that mentality to "Play to win" Man Utd won't go near him I imagine. I'm sure they'd have a meeting with him and they'd go through all of that with him, but no experience in the Champions League, not won away at a top 4 club in 10 years he's been at Everton, not won one single trophy. He'd be sacked if they lost a few games within his first few months.

Just don't see it.

He plays not to lose. Unless he changes that mentality to "Play to win" Man Utd won't go near him I imagine. I'm sure they'd have a meeting with him and they'd go through all of that with him, but no experience in the Champions League, not won away at a top 4 club in 10 years he's been at Everton, not won one single trophy. He'd be sacked if they lost a few games within his first few months.

You have to cut one's coat according to one's cloth.

He's been a success there, he can spot a player and players obviously like playing for him. Any change is a risk but maybe the ManU directors will see Moyes shortcomings as less of a risk than the circus that accompanies Mourinho everywhere or maybe they will surprise all of us and choose someone else.

You have to cut one's coat according to one's cloth.

He's been a success there, he can spot a player and players obviously like playing for him. Any change is a risk but maybe the ManU directors will see Moyes shortcomings as less of a risk than the circus that accompanies Mourinho everywhere or maybe they will surprise all of us and choose someone else.

The only reason I could give for Man Utd even wanting Moyes is his longevity at Everton. Whereas Mourinho will probably just leave after a few years. I do think Ancelotti could do a job there though and stay there for years.

If it's Moyes then no doubt the Rooney to leave rumours will pick up very quickly. They hate eachother.

The only reason I could give for Man Utd even wanting Moyes is his longevity at Everton. Whereas Mourinho will probably just leave after a few years. I do think Ancelotti could do a job there though and stay there for years.

Ability to manage on a budget could be a consideration. Man Utd will not spend the kind of money that Mourinho normally wants whilst the Glazers debt needs to be financed.

Shame he didn't announce it before the Chelsea game, the players might have tried a little harder.

My thoughts exactly.

After the sheer disbelief that the Mancs lost at home to Chelski, in such a cricial game for us, I was deeply suspicious.

If Spurs don't qualify for the CL, then Bale becomes rather more 'gettable' than if we are in it. We have a history of selling our best players to them. The Mancs have/had already won the league. A home loss to them did no damage at all, and very nicely 'suited' both sides in that game. They didn't play that well, did they... the Mancs I mean?! Then, timed to perfection, only a few days later, SAF announces retirement as manager (but will be a Director?Ambassador). If it had been announced before that game, does anyone think that MUFC would have lost then? Their players would have played out of their skins.

Bale... a nice present for the incoming new manager?? JM? Who was very complimentary to MUFC when they got knocked out of the CL.

Conspiracy theories.....me???? :-":-":-"

.......David Moyes CV

Silverware - Ring from middle earth, but lost it somewhere, rumours Sir Alex has it stuck somewhere

Obviously if they get a terrible manager like Klopp, it'd affect Man Utd. You know, someone who just got a far cheaper team to the Champion's league final while United struggled for two seasons straight in that very same competition. What an awful appointment that would be!

His legacy has driven Mainz back into the middle of the pack in the Bundesliga after dodgy years, and has rebuilt Dortmund from the edge of obscurity, into a team that will be in the top 10 richest clubs by the end of the year. Klopps a genius, You have to be awfully bitter to ridicule him.

Dortmund were always one of Germany's top teams - you make it sound like he took Wigan to the top. Edge of obscurity?

I just remembered, Kenny Jackett resigned from Millwall the other day...

I can't believe that any of you are biting at some obvious trolling

Back