• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Favourite tree?

I've always been partial to a weeping willow or a silver birch, both of which are beautiful trees. However, if I had to pick a favourite I'd go for the Maple tree, because it represents a country that I absolutely adore in Canada, and also produces Maple syrup, without which my pancakes and crispy bacon wouldn't be half as nice.

Im fond of the willow tree because it looks beautiful even on its own, my favourite scene in england is to find a country pub by a stream and sit in the pub garden and be near a willow tree and look at the scenery.

Lovely.
With a game of cricket on the village green using bats made of willow. Marvellous.

Thanks for this thread, it made me discover that a mate of mine is actually a decendant of Owain Glyndŵr.

I am lucky enough to have lots of trees Oak, Chesnut, Willow, Siver Birch but my favourite are Acers.

Golden Honey Locust 'Sunburst'

Had one in my garden in reigate and the limeygreen/yellow leaves used to stand out against a blue sky, i could sit in a deck chair and look at it for hours (while drinking cold beer)

i went back round there once, after we had moved, and the c*nts had cut it down, it was the most beautiful thing in that garden........probably had to get some decking down...mugs

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1169/4731740418_21ac139dc1.jpg

Last edited:
Golden Honey Locust 'Sunburst'

Had one in my garden in reigate and the limeygreen/yellow leaves used to stand out against a blue sky, i could sit in a deck chair and look at it for hours (while drinking cold beer)

i went back round there once, after we had moved, and the c*nts had cut it down, it was the most beautiful thing in that garden........probably had to get some decking down...mugs

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1169/4731740418_21ac139dc1.jpg

The is something special about how the leaves light up with the sun coming through them at a certain time.

With a game of cricket on the village green using bats made of willow. Marvellous.

No willow trees here but still one of my favourite villages, Eversholt, not to far from me.

EDIT: Forgot the photo, doh!
Image069.jpg

My parents have a horse chestnut tree.

Loads of conkers

I like Bonsai Trees to look at though, not look after.

Eversholt Beds? My warehouse is just round the corner... Green Man is a decent pub.

I lived in Hockliffe, used to walk the dog a lot in Milton Bryan and Eversholt, lovely feel to both villages and Milton Bryan played a major role in WW2 believe it or not. I remember the first time I went in the Green Man it was still tanners for the jukebox, you had to go to the bar, hand over decimal currency and get a sixpenny piece to feed the jukebox with. Eversholt is quintessentially English for me, the outdoor swimming pool and the cricket on the village green make it. I'd move there tomorrow if I could afford it. My sister does flowers for weddings and funerals, her supplier is in Eversholt, that's not your warehouse by any chance is it?

The Carp in the village pond in Milton Bryan are so tame they take bread from your hand, took my children there as youngsters, now they're grown up I take my nephews, I love that little corner of South Beds.
Image063.jpg

Last edited:
I lived in Hockliffe, used to walk the dog a lot in Milton Bryan and Eversholt, lovely feel to both villages and Milton Bryan played a major role in WW2 believe it or not. I remember the first time I went in the Green Man it was still tanners for the jukebox, you had to go to the bar, hand over decimal currency and get a sixpenny piece to feed the jukebox with. Eversholt is quintessentially English for me, the outdoor swimming pool and the cricket on the village green make it. I'd move there tomorrow if I could afford it. My sister does flowers for weddings and funerals, her supplier is in Eversholt, that's not your warehouse by any chance is it?

The Carp in the village pond in Milton Bryan are so tame they take bread from your hand, took my children there as youngsters, now they're grown up I take my nephews, I love that little corner of South Beds.
Nah not me mate, I'm a little way out on the way to Steppingley, very pretty area in general though. Did you know Centre Parks are building a new site in Woburn? I only found out the other day.

Sequoia tree. Fairly rare in this country, in my garden (parents house now) that is around 150ft tall. Its now a listed tree. Really nice to look at, would have been even taller if the 87 storm hadn't taken 20-30ft of it.

Back