• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Favourite Irish Spurs player.

Not sure he counts as Irish, as he only played for the republic through a grandmother connection, but one of my first favourite players, in the 80's was Tony Galvin.
Great call. I loved Tony Galvin. He went to my bothers school one day - no idea why - and my brother got his autograph for me. Still have it. But recently it has to be Roy Keane. In my time watching Spurs. Pat Jennings would just be there. And b@locks to anyone who holds going to the scum against him. We really didn't encourage him to stay. I love Keith Burkinshaw but he made a wrong move there.

------------Jennings----------------
Hughton--Doherty--Kinnear--Carr
Reid------Blanchfower------Galvin
-Keane---Armstrong-----McGrath

Thought I'd give it a try, but I am struggling to make a decent overall Irish Spurs team. But some there are some excellent players in there. I'm clutching at straws including Chris McGrath and Andy Reid.

Favourite for me is Big Pat. I never got to see Blanchflower play.

Also hard to make a case for Ginger Pele and Gerry Armstrong for that matter. Although Gerry is a Northern Irish Legend!

------------Jennings----------------
Hughton--Doherty--Kinnear--Carr
Reid------Blanchfower------Galvin
-Keane---Armstrong-----McGrath

Thought I'd give it a try, but I am struggling to make a decent overall Irish Spurs team. But some there are some excellent players in there. I'm clutching at straws including Chris McGrath and Andy Reid.

Favourite for me is Big Pat. I never got to see Blanchflower play.

I was going to do the same. With people mentioning Jennings, Blanchflower, Keane and Hughton it was beginning to look a good team but it rather peters out after that. With a little research I can add Jack Kirwan (left winger and 97 goals).

However, given the few, it's notable how many got a shout when we were picking the best every Spurs team.

I was going to do the same. With people mentioning Jennings, Blanchflower, Keane and Hughton it was beginning to look a good team but it rather peters out after that. With a little research I can add Jack Kirwan (left winger and 97 goals).

However, given the few, it's notable how many got a shout when we were picking the best every Spurs team.

What about Jimmy Holmes could play leftback or centrehalf

Then all we need is a formation to utilise all the fullbacks. Perhaps Chimbonda has a bit of Irish in him.

Back