• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

favourite fruit

Depends really, banana's are just so very convenient and cheap although are a bit strange if you over-think them whilst you're eating them.

Some blueberries with the morning cereal is amazing, but I don't really have a craving to eat them apart from in the morning.

Also really like grapefruit but can never be arsed to be it and prepare it etc etc

Melon's boss as well.

A reeeally nice pink lady apple is amazing as well, but it's not often you get reeaally nice apples, the consistency's just not there for me..

Some Damson plums in a crumble are quite delightful but I wouldn't really eat them in another way so probably not them either.

In answer to your question, I just don't know. Fruits amazing. But unfortunately can be fairly expensive and a pain in the arse....

Fruit is the BOMB! Pineapple, mango, pear, melons (galia and cantaloupe), grapes and bananas are top of my list. Some apples are good, but I don't like red apples, so they have to be green or with a slight pinkish color.
Honorable mentions goes to mandarin, coconut and kiwi. Lime needs to mentioned for it's use in mojitos and food alone.
Berries are awesome, pretty much any berry is good to eat alone and all of them works well in a smoothie.
When I was a kid we lived in a house that had a big wild cherry tree in the backyard, as well as some that had plums, I'm missing those right now.

Bananas aren't actually fruits, but herbs. They are commonly referred to as fruits though.

Strawberries are fruits.

Almonds and coffee are also fruits, or drupes.

Some flowering plants that produce drupes are coffee, jujube, mango, olive, most palms (including date, coconut and oil palms), pistachio, white sapote, and all members of the genus Prunus, including the almond (in which the mesocarp is somewhat leathery), apricot, cherry, damson, nectarine, peach, and plum.

Bananas aren't actually fruits, but herbs. They are commonly referred to as fruits though.

Strawberries are fruits.

Banana is the common name for herbaceous plants of the genus Musa and for the fruit they produce.

I don't buy this whole argument about cucumbers and pumpkins and tomatoes being fruit. They are vegetables.

In botany they are. I especially enjoyed this drawing of a peach and the technical terms:

432px-Drupe_fruit_diagram-en.svg.png

Tangerines. I love them. And like Bananas they come in their own little lunch box for easy travel and cleanliness. And they dont mess up your chin.

Grapes.

Cherries.

I like fruit that I can just nibble at like crisps. I hate to have a whole piece of fruit as I wont generally eat it all in one sitting.

So fruit cut up is amazing

Strawberries are fruits.

Are you sure about strawberries?

My botany is extremely rusty, but isn't the strawberry a pseudo-fruit or something else. I think the pips on the strawberry are the fruits.

Back