• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Facebook arrest

OK, I haven't heard anything about this, so I'm unaware of the joke. But regardless of content, what has he been arrested for? Have the police also put a warrant out on Roy Chubby Brown and Frankie Boyle?

Find the guy offensive, defriend him.

It's been an offence since radio was invented to use telecommunications to abuse/offend people. No big deal, guys a taco and now he's in jail.

It's been an offence since radio was invented to use telecommunications to abuse/offend people. No big deal, guys a taco and now he's in jail.

Hmm... It's all very grey. If the guy is posting to his group of friends and it is showing up in the public realm because of people commenting on it, how is that his fault. He hasn't set out to offend/abuse anyone.

Like you say, you've got to be pretty stupid to put it out there in the first place... But there aren't any laws against being stupid.

Ain't that the truth. I repost one liners in there and occasionally read one liners. Don't think I've ever read one of Mick's Billy Connolly'esque essays though!

You have missed some corkers then my friend.

My point is how can it be against the law to be offensive? What is and is not offensive is all personal point of view so who decides what is or isn't against the law. I thought these additions to the communications act were implemented to stop racism and abuse via electronic media, how is this case even covered?

I would say it is more to do with where he posted it rather than the joke itself tbh - I mean what did he expect to happen? Numpty

Silly prick. Before I had my little boy I'd have probably said something like 'Ill let you know what I really think of him when he has kids himself' but I wouldn't joke or wish any harm to any child.

Scumbag.

Ain't that the truth. I repost one liners in there and occasionally read one liners. Don't think I've ever read one of Mick's Billy Connolly'esque essays though!

I have to say some of Mick's jokes were superb, hilarious and well worth the effort!

fudge him. "Social media" is a vile and putrid place which brings out the worst in society. This isn't about freedom of speech, this is about the rights of a grieving family to do so in piece without bell ends like this clown making a horrible situation somehow worse.

fudge him. "Social media" is a vile and putrid place which brings out the worst in society. This isn't about freedom of speech, this is about the rights of a grieving family to do so in piece without bell ends like this clown making a horrible situation somehow worse.

Agreed and excellently put...

Back