• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FA Cup Semi Final OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur FC v Manchester United***

I am truly as gutted as anyone. Feel genuinely depressed.

But for anyone who thinks or says that we never win when it matters, let's remind ourselves that this team recently won at Stamford Bridge in an end-of-season top 4 six-pointer. If we can hold onto 4th, that can't be dismissed.

A fair point, but I don't think it stacks up too well against FA Cup semi-finals, games to go top of the league, Champions League knockout games. Being top 4, even pre-Poch, is known territory for these players. Going beyond is something that these players have some sort of mental block on or something, I don't know.

No one wants rid of Poch? Do they?

He is the best man for the job.

He is young (in managers terms) and maybe the learning curve is slow especially when you come in with a very defined philosophy that you truly believe in.

There is nothing in these top 5 games (sans arsenal). As Poch says they are 50-50. And today was no different. Generally we were better than them, but they took (the only?) 2 chances that came their way in a game of very few chances.

They can bore you and time waste with the best, a lesson we could learn. And bus parkers are hard to break down....we all know that.

Very disappointing but I don't blame anyone for the defeat. It's a close game of football that we lost.
Indo
Get in a taxi.....say 'Mardi Gras'.....the world is all good again.;)
amazing isn’t it.

So glad didn’t go and spend all day today watching that. Taken out of my hands by the fact that I went away. But I ended up having a great time with lads I never knew. After letting in that stupid goal from Dembele has now told me the following:

1. Kane isn’t actually all that. Sell him to Real for £200m
2. Son is brick.
3. Poch is rubbish
4. Spurs will always be chokers
5. Football is really bad.
Of
Yes
But you lot must now understand that we are truly brick and can’t actually win a dog turd in a field full of dogs?

A fair point, but I don't think it stacks up too well against FA Cup semi-finals, games to go top of the league, Champions League knockout games. Being top 4, even pre-Poch, is known territory for these players. Going beyond is something that these players have some sort of mental block on or something, I don't know.

I don't think we've had any meaningful games to go top of the league recently?

And yes we got knocked out of CL by Juventus, but the group stage is so short that those games aren't far off being knock-out - and we beat Madrid and Dortmund to finish top and knock the latter out of the competition, after failing to qualify for the knockouts the previous year.

Maybe we do still have some mental block or maybe we don't, but I just want to point out that we've definitely been making progress with our big-game mentality under Poch.

We started fast (often moaned about), scored during that period we were on top. (As you're meant to)

Conceded via a rare moose mistake and when United scored with there 'other chance'...turned into full on mourinho mode....you can desire all you want, it's a pig to overcome.

It is I agree

But the desire before their second goal wasn’t great and after it the players were like the fans.. resigned to not scoring

I’m a positive spurs fan and tonight hurt because the players didn’t give it their all and show what their made of

When we lost to Juve we still battered em

Tonight we didn’t batter united

Our manager pretty much doesnt anyhow so we may as well not enter them

Why were you not this upset over the City defeat?
Today was actually of little importance in the the big picture.
Top four is still no matter how much hurt tonight far more important!
The media are just banging on about defeats in semifinals, a couple of weeks ago it was the ‘Stanford bridge hoodoo’ it’s just hyperbole!

No one wants rid of Poch? Do they?

He is the best man for the job.

He is young (in managers terms) and maybe the learning curve is slow especially when you come in with a very defined philosophy that you truly believe in.

There is nothing in these top 5 games (sans arsenal). As Poch says they are 50-50. And today was no different. Generally we were better than them, but they took (the only?) 2 chances that came their way in a game of very few chances.

They can bore you and time waste with the best, a lesson we could learn. And bus parkers are hard to break down....we all know that.

Very disappointing but I don't blame anyone for the defeat. It's a close game of football that we lost.

Hmmm.

I DEFINITELY don’t want Poch gone - certainly he deserves to lead us into the new stadium and he has done some great things. But I have started to have my doubts about some aspects of his approach, his in-game management and his ability to set teams up for the games that really matter.

For me, this sesson’s League Cup defeat at home to West Ham - from a commanding position - suggested some worrying things about Poch’s view of domestic cups in general and about the mental fragility that remains under the surface at our club. That has only been reinforced in the Juve ties and in today’s game.

Anyhow, I love the man, am very grateful for where he has brought us to and hope he’s with us for years to come - but I do think he’ll come under increasing pressure now and it’ll be interesting to see if he is up for that and wants to stick around.

I don't think we've had any meaningful games to go top of the league recently?

And yes we got knocked out of CL by Juventus, but the group stage is so short that those games aren't far off being knock-out - and we beat Madrid and Dortmund to finish top and knock the latter out of the competition, after failing to qualify for the knockouts the previous year.

Maybe we do still have some mental block or maybe we don't, but I just want to point out that we've definitely been making progress with our big-game mentality under Poch.

Re. top of the league, the game I'm thinking of was the season Leicester won it. We had Arsenal at home, they went down to ten men and we drew the game, should have lost it by the end, we were hanging on. If we won, we could have gone top and put Leicester under pressure when they went away to Watford later that evening. We never had the chance to go top again and Leicester won it fairly easily in the end.

Last season, semi final against Chelsea. They didn't even start with their best XI, Hazard on the bench. We had more of the play, I think we were the better side for long periods in the game. But we lost.

This season, knockout tie v Juventus. See above.

Now, semi-final against Utd. Started well but once they worked us out, we were so passive. Another chance to win something gone.

In each season, these players have had the opportunity to go beyond what we have had since the Redknapp era i.e. the 'Top 4 Cup.' We seem to fail the test in a similar way each season when it comes to these games. I do not think that is even debatable.

For a guy who apparently cares not for the domestic cup competitions, we've now been in back to back semi finals of one of them. Admittedly lost both, but is that worse than fudging it up in the 4th round?

Hmmm.

I DEFINITELY don’t want Poch gone - certainly he deserves to lead us into the new stadium and he has done some great things. But I have started to have my doubts about some aspects of his approach, his in-game management and his ability to set teams up for the games that really matter.

For me, this sesson’s League Cup defeat at home to West Ham - from a commanding position - suggested some worrying things about Poch’s view of domestic cups in general and about the mental fragility that remains under the surface at our club. That has only been reinforced in the Juve ties and in today’s game.

Anyhow, I love the man, am very grateful for where he has brought us to and hope he’s with us for years to come - but I do think he’ll come under increasing pressure now and it’ll be interesting to see if he is up for that and wants to stick around.
Yeah I hope we can ignore any media led agenda.

We can't do better than Poch.

A big barrier is 4 other teams being very f.cking good as well. That's reality.

For a guy who apparently cares not for the domestic cup competitions, we've now been in back to back semi finals of one of them. Admittedly lost both, but is that worse than fudging it up in the 4th round?

Or for that matter losing a final. More painful getting to a final and not winning.

We started so well, dominated the first half. Sure United came back into it first half, but only some sloppy play let them back in. We dominated that half, and might have scored 2 or 3. Where we lost it, as with Juve and other games we've failed in, is with our defending against top sides. We used to be more cautious and defensively minded. This season we seem to concede two goals quite often. United won because they defended their goal better, not because they played better. Imo.

To be fair I don’t sctailly
Give a brick anymore. I’m disappointed I’m a bell and have promised to spend £900 on a game where I’m 35 and watching 19 year old
Boys in tight shirts kick balls. Why the givnement haven’t arrested me for this I don’t know. If anyone does want my ST then let me know as I think imm gonna let my £50 depose
Go

Back