• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** FA Cup 4th Round - Tottenham Hotspur v Emirates Marketing Project **

Could this work?
——————Vicario—————
Porro——Dragu——VDV——Udogie
——————Romero—————
———Bentancur——Madders
Kulusevski————————-Werner
———————Ricky—————

Could this work?
——————Vicario—————
Porro——Dragu——VDV——Udogie
——————Romero—————
———Bentancur——Madders
Kulusevski————————-Werner
———————Ricky—————

I'd rather see Romero there as an actual 6 rather than Skipp pretending to occupy defenders in that weird hybrid position, but I'm not sure it's likely. If it happens I deserve my eye-tee-kay badge as I've been banging the Cuti in midfield drum for a while. If Romero can play there and Dragusin can settle in quick it's a huge upgrade to either PEH or Skipp whilst our African duo are out on international duty.

I guess it's the discipline factor, we may go long spells without the ball and Romero could potentially just get a bit frustrated chasing shadows in the midfield and it could cost us.

It'll be a very interesting game, could be a cracker for the neutrals, I'm just desperate to have a decent cup run...........

I wondered if Lo Celso was targeted by our opponents with some heavy manners. With Madison out, and Lo Celso showing an effectiveness we had rarely seen since his early days, he was clearly stepping into the breach. With no one clearly available to back him up, was he the recipient of a few too many 'reducers'? When he's healthy, he can clearly step into the Maddison midfield role when needed or play more of a holding role.

Argentinians aren't known for being softies. Doesn't play well with their fans back home and doesn't put them in credit with the national team.

Lo Celso only needs to be targeted by a stiff breeze and he is injured. There's not always the need to blame opposition players especially as we've got plenty who like to get stuck in, permanent crocked player is injured isn't a big headline. It's just annoying as there's obviously a player there, but not one we can rely on.

Not sure I get your last paragraph, maybe it's negative bias on my part but he doesn't seem to miss many games for Argentina.

I just hope fans have patience with Werner and let him feel supported. We were pretty good with Soldado because we could see how hard he was trying.

GHod loves a trier. We should too.
We should like good players. Trying hard alone is enough.

Lo Celso only needs to be targeted by a stiff breeze and he is injured. There's not always the need to blame opposition players especially as we've got plenty who like to get stuck in, permanent crocked player is injured isn't a big headline. It's just annoying as there's obviously a player there, but not one we can rely on.

Not sure I get your last paragraph, maybe it's negative bias on my part but he doesn't seem to miss many games for Argentina.
He missed the World Cup when he was very likely a starter for them.

He is a good player. He’s just not enough of a difference maker despite his injuries to justify keeping him like Ledley King was. And he’s painfully one footed, refuses to even touch the ball with his right foot let alone attempt to pass or GHod forbid shoot with it.

Hopefully Werner can step up and take up that mantle. Granted he has not got the same finishing prowess, but he can offer that quick break threat
Werner offers some of the same in deed. As does Richarlison if there's space there to be exploited. We also have Johnson (will be interesting to see if he starts) who definitely can run in behind.

Also expecting a rather different game compared to our previous wins against them. A game where we'll hopefully be less reliant on only counter attacking.

Think it would be a huge gamble to play Romero in midfield. Both breaking up our now well established really good CB partnership and playing one of our best players in an unfamiliar role.

Romero has quite a few of the attributes to be a DM, but it's not a role he's used to. Would take time to adjust, and soon we'll have our regular options back.

Working till just after 2pm, train upto Town to meet my pals
We're going for some food/drinks at a nice hotel bar near to LST
Lots more beers, up to ground around 6ish to enjoy a pre-match sing up
A famous Spurs victory under the lights is on !!

As events go that is a fairly big one to miss!

What stands out is the times when he's been injured, suddenly got for a brief international duty and then injured once he's back again within a game or two.

I guess to actually verify that I'd have to trawl through injuries and match them up with int duties / appearances for Argentina but I truly can't be arsed, but I'm fairly sure that isn't something I haven't imagined. And it could just be coincidence, in that I'm not trying to suggest that he doesn't consider club football important etc Until he is gone there is a chance he'll turn it around, much like with Sess I'm not holding my breath on it actually happening.

Everything that's been said about him has been said really, through no fault of his own he reliably isn't there when you need him, bar his short useful patch in recent times. It's been huge getting Bentancur miraculously early plus Kulu showing his versatility/ prowess in the advanced midfield position as otherwise we'd be looking a lot less graceful / able to carry out the way we play effectively...

I'd rather see Romero there as an actual 6 rather than Skipp pretending to occupy defenders in that weird hybrid position, but I'm not sure it's likely. If it happens I deserve my eye-tee-kay badge as I've been banging the Cuti in midfield drum for a while. If Romero can play there and Dragusin can settle in quick it's a huge upgrade to either PEH or Skipp whilst our African duo are out on international duty.

I guess it's the discipline factor, we may go long spells without the ball and Romero could potentially just get a bit frustrated chasing shadows in the midfield and it could cost us.

It'll be a very interesting game, could be a cracker for the neutrals, I'm just desperate to have a decent cup run...........

Its sounds a reasonable idea but in practise rarely works out well, totally different game playing in midfield and I dont think puttting your best defender out of position is ever a good move. In midfield Romero will have players running pass him and we know he doesn't like that, I think that will frustrate him and lead to bookings or more disastrous situations.

I hate seeing 3 CBs as it typically means you have 1 less midfielder. Not something I'm a fan of at all. Maybe if we trying to hold on to a lead but please I'd rather not. 😅
Think of romero as a dm and coveting midfield territory...he certainly has an eye for a pass and we can let bentancur more focused on attacking

Last edited:
Already feeling nervy about this. Just hope we give it a proper go, all signs under Ange's reign so far suggest we will.

Its sounds a reasonable idea but in practise rarely works out well, totally different game playing in midfield and I dont think puttting your best defender out of position is ever a good move. In midfield Romero will have players running pass him and we know he doesn't like that, I think that will frustrate him and lead to bookings or more disastrous situations.

Yep I'm not going to moan if I don't see it, there's a chance that Ange might have seen something in training or in Romero's game to say actually he's not suited to it. The thing is he often goes on rampages all over the pitch whether he's meant to or not, and the guy has the technique to play all over and be effective, this way there's in theory be adequate cover behind him....

I do think Romero would have crushed it being the Dier of Poch's system where we switched between a back 3 and the CCB pushing in to midfield depending on whether we had possession.

It's just good to have options I guess, we haven't signed a 30 m CB in January just to sit on the bench but the way we collect injuries it's unlikely the VDV / Cuti partnership will be ever present.

I'm a bit ambivalent about this game. Obviously I hope and want us to win, but I expect to lose, and it'll be no shame in that. We're 6 months into a complete rebuild, and we're up against probably the best team in the world. A win would be fantastic, but a loss won't be a disaster.

I'm a bit ambivalent about this game. Obviously I hope and want us to win, but I expect to lose, and it'll be no shame in that. We're 6 months into a complete rebuild, and we're up against probably the best team in the world. A win would be fantastic, but a loss won't be a disaster.
Agree exept that I think we will win this, but I dont care about the cup this year. I think its more important to get the team to play well week in and out. And get CL. I am afraid that focus on the cup can hurt the top 5 goal. (Expect that England gets a extra place next year) of course winning the cup would be massiv

Agree exept that I think we will win this, but I dont care about the cup this year. I think its more important to get the team to play well week in and out. And get CL. I am afraid that focus on the cup can hurt the top 5 goal. (Expect that England gets a extra place next year) of course winning the cup would be massiv
On the flip side a good cup run can in itself create motivation and drive. We've seen in recent months that our squad isn't as paper thin as some claimed earlier in the season. I think we could cope.

Regardless of the result we'll be in a strong position for the rest of the season. That's a good place to be.

Tonight we end the reign,
Bought be Qatars largesse,
Under lights at White Hart Lane,
And before those cheating charges

Come on you Spurs

Back