• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FA Cup 2016/17

Not really

Even before his sacking the main news was Fat Man eats pie on bench and played up to the Non League Stereotype, which is a shame because its very much not the case anymore. Hard enough to get those Prem Lge fans down a NL game as it is without Shaw playing the fat non league player card, people will laugh and say "ahhh good old non league" and not bother forget Deacons performance and remember the Fat Keeper who does not even play anymore.

Also If you prearrange such a thing with the protagonist it would not be a bet, its fraud, Sutton regardless of level should protect their integrity

if you offer a novelty bet like that then the person at the center of it is going to find out about it and once he has anything that happens thereafter will be influenced by the bet being available - whether he ate the pie or not. i don't have a problem with novelty bets and if they are going to be offered then you cant really come down hard on people who they revolve around, imo

i think the whole thing is an over reaction, including the idea that a bit of fun gives off a bad image of non league football.

i think the whole thing is an over reaction, including the idea that a bit of fun gives off a bad image of non league football.

The fact people were talking more about him eating the pie than how good the players were pre sacking says otherwise.

Also he is officially under investigation and that comes back onto the club, with the bet If you prearrange such a thing with the protagonist it would not be a bet, its fraud and its silly and the bloke should have known better. There was enough Good PR to come out of the club to last them ages and he did not have to resort to what he did, thats the point "fun" or no "fun"

thought it was funny, just disappointed it was with the Sun and not for his mates to take them to the cleaners. Cant see how the FA can get involved, it had no bearing to the on pitch result.

It's in the FA rules... you can't have anything to do with a bet on the game itself or anything to do with the competition as a whole.

It does, though, again bring into focus the larger point that media companies (News Corp) can own sports news media outlets simultaneously with sports betting companies.

It's an absolute racket.

The fact people were talking more about him eating the pie than how good the players were pre sacking says otherwise.

Also he is officially under investigation and that comes back onto the club, with the bet If you prearrange such a thing with the protagonist it would not be a bet, its fraud and its silly and the bloke should have known better. There was enough Good PR to come out of the club to last them ages and he did not have to resort to what he did, thats the point "fun" or no "fun"

i don't think it was pre arranged with the player - the betting company would know better than to do something like that, even if the player himself didn't. probably just a case of him being made aware of it and then deciding to act on it as a laugh - which as far as im concerned, it was.

Cant say i have followed the press reaction to the game all that much but the first i have seen of the pie incident being given a lot of light has been in the ES after work and that would be reporting on the over reaction that im talking about, no over reaction in sacking him and official statements etc and it'd have been forgotten about soon enough

i don't think it was pre arranged with the player - the betting company would know better than to do something like that, even if the player himself didn't. probably just a case of him being made aware of it and then deciding to act on it as a laugh.
That's what I heard too.
I thought it was OK for him to eat a pie as all 3 subs had been made. But I was shocked to hear how heavy he was... a news outlet said 23 stone which I assume is exaggerated for effect, but jeez that is heavy.

It's in the FA rules... you can't have anything to do with a bet on the game itself or anything to do with the competition as a whole.

It does, though, again bring into focus the larger point that media companies (News Corp) can own sports news media outlets simultaneously with sports betting companies.

It's an absolute racket.
I would say eating a pie has nothing to do with influencing the game and have to stretch to say it has anything to do with the competition.

I would say eating a pie has nothing to do with influencing the game and have to stretch to say it has anything to do with the competition.

Its not about just the football match though, he admitted to doing it knowing his mates had a bet on it at 8/1, thats against betting regulations and he, SunBet and the club are now under investigation, its not just about eating a pie and it being an overreaction.

It's a shame it's taken the gloss off it for them, he seems to have gotten carried away. Sad for him too, sounds like he did a lot around the club.

fudging stupid bet to offer though, pretty much asking for this to happen.

Totally agree

Its sad all round

It's a shame it's taken the gloss off it for them, he seems to have gotten carried away. Sad for him too, sounds like he did a lot around the club.

fudging stupid bet to offer though, pretty much asking for this to happen.

This for me as well, football at that level needs good people and from what i have heard he used to sleep in a room there 3 nights a week so he could work the ground.

Its not about just the football match though, he admitted to doing it knowing his mates had a bet on it at 8/1, thats against betting regulations and he, SunBet and the club are now under investigation, its not just about eating a pie and it being an overreaction.
Not that bothered by this but just enjoying the back and forth, what betting regulations? If it is the fa I know he is being investigated but as I said this loosely falls into them if at all.

Maybe so, but that's not how the FA see it.

Thus:

"The FA’s rules on betting state: “A participant shall not bet, either directly or indirectly, or instruct, permit, cause or enable any person to bet on (i) the result, progress, conduct or any other aspect of, or occurrence in, a football match or competition.”"

From The Guardian.

But it has to be said, he was on a hiding to nothing once he was aware of the market, as - as others have noted - he's affecting it [the market] also had he not done it. And that's down to the betting company.

So if one of Harry's mates sticks a ten spot on harry to score and he scores then thats corruption?
It was a dumb thing for him to do but jeez the F A don't half got their priorities wrong if this is on the agenda.

So if one of Harry's mates sticks a ten spot on harry to score and he scores then thats corruption?
It was a dumb thing for him to do but jeez the F A don't half got their priorities wrong if this is on the agenda.

Good point. In much the same way, how would the FA react if any one of us put a bet on Eric Dier? They could easily find evidence that we love him and in return, he loves us.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Go after someone that deserves it instead:

C5ORLInWAAAQrGR.jpg

Good point. In much the same way, how would the FA react if any one of us put a bet on Eric Dier? They could easily find evidence that we love him and in return, he loves us.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

I bet on Dier to score nearly every game. He obviously doesn't love me anywhere near as much as I'd like to think.

As for the keeper, I understand why it might be an issue for the club but it's hardly FIFA levels of corruption (if it were, he'd no doubt be OK). It feels like it would have been fairer for the club to suspend him until the FA have completed their enquiry, which would hopefully be low key and clear him of any major wrongdoing, after which he could have been quietly reinstated. Not that it's for me to comment on the club's disciplinary policy.
As others have said the betting company and newspaper have a lot to answer for here.

what's all the fuss about?

it's the same as when players fudge up a long pass from KO so the first throw in comes at 3 seconds in, or when the floodlights "fail" after 70 mins at 0-0

this stuff just happens in football, nothing dodgy about it, if a mate had a bet it's just banter init

Back