• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

European U-21 Championship

Harry Kane, Eric Dier, Tom Carroll and Alex Pritchard have been included in the England U21 Championship squad.

11350796_10205285359786232_5508348119700786298_n.jpg

This tournament will be my primary source of football during the long summer until the league campaign starts again. Spurs have contributed 4 players to the initial 27 man squad.

Dates to look out for

02/06/2015: This is the date that the final squad is announced and the squad sixe trimmed from 27 to 23.
18/06/2015: England vs Portugal at 20:45.
21/06/2015: England vs Sweden at 18:00.
24/06:2015: England vs Italy at 20:45.
27/06/2015: Semi Finals. If we win our group the it's 18:00, if we are the runner up then it's 20:45.
30/06/2015: The Final at 20:45

For those of us in the UK, the games will be broadcast on BT Sport.

Squad

Goalkeepers

Marcus Bettinelli (Fulham), Jonathan Bond (Watford), Jack Butland (Stoke City)

Defenders

Calum Chambers (Arsenal), Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur), Luke Garbutt (Everton), Ben Gibson (Middlesbrough), Carl Jenkinson (Arsenal, on loan at West Ham United), Michael Keane (Burnley), Liam Moore (Leicester City), John Stones (Everton), Matt Targett (Southampton)

Midfielders

Tom Carroll (Tottenham Hotspur, on loan at Swansea City), Nathaniel Chalobah (Chelsea), Will Hughes (Derby County), Jake Forster-Caskey (Brighton & Hove Albion), Jesse Lingard (Manchester United), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Chelsea), Alex Pritchard (Tottenham Hotspur), Nathan Redmond (Norwich City), James Ward-Prowse (Southampton)

Forwards

Benik Afobe (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Patrick Bamford (Chelsea, on loan at Middlesbrough), Saido Berahino (West Bromwich Albion), Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Danny Ings (Burnley), Cauley Woodrow (Fulham)

Wanted to know what the days were, as looks like good times to watch footy down the local.
18/06/2015: England vs Portugal at 20:45. Thursday.
21/06/2015: England vs Sweden at 18:00. Sunday.
24/06:2015: England vs Italy at 20:45. Wednesday.

Woodrow, Bamford, Afobe and Dier left out.

Suprised actually that we aren't bringing 4 strikers

England U21: Butland (c), Jenkinson, Moore, Gibson, Garbutt, Ward-Prowse, Carroll, Chalobah, Redmond, Kane, Lingard

Portugal U21: Sá; Esgaio, P.Oliveira, Ilori, Guerreiro; William, Sérgio Oliveira, João Mário, Bernardo Silva; Ricardo Pereira, Cavaleiro.

Not sure about that lineup. Southgate had a good thing going with the midfield trio and now he's split it up. Chalobah may give the other two a bit more freedom I guess but I can also see those widemen staying wide and leaving Kane isolated.

Pritchard is on the bench.

Lost 1-0, fair result

Pritchard made a hell of a lot of difference when he came on half way through the second half.

Kane done ok, was fairly isolated, Carroll was quiet, played a couple of nice through balls early on

England only tried for the last ten minutes. Not going to win many games by only defending. Going out in the group stage again.

Kane
Sterling - Barkley - AOC
Wheelchair - JWP
Shaw - Dier - Stones - Chambers
Butland

That wins the tournament.

Southgate is a complete fraud, i dont really care how they do the earlier our players come back the better. But anyone who employs that clampit to be in charge of a developing a talented group of players doesnt deserve anything other than what they will get.

I had been quite impressed with some of the football he had the U21's playing in the last 9 months, so it was weird to see him switch out of a system that has worked for him. Hughes dropped for Ward-Prowse and Forster-Caskey for Chalobah (who had an OK game) was partly to blame as not only did he have a decent midfield system but a player in Hughes who worked off of the front man. That coupled with Berahino being injured left Kane with little support and our soul goal threat. Southgate's subs had little effect and the introduction of Ings on the left wing for 5-10 mins actually disrupted us more than anything.

I also thought the two lads at CB looked shakey and that makes the dropping of Dier look even more absurd. The silver lining is that Pritchard came on and showed us and Southgate that he should've been on from the start, so I'm hopeful he gets his start against Sweden.

Kane
Sterling - Barkley - AOC
Wheelchair - JWP
Shaw - Dier - Stones - Chambers
Butland

That wins the tournament.

dont think so, they would find some way to balls it up

i just dont think the players at this level care enough to go through whatever it takes to win a tournament like this. Its not about individual talent, its about desire, camaraderie, working as a team

Back