• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

European and Global Super League Plans

This will make the prem brick though. They are talking about promotion and relegation from different divisions within. So that means if you are in and don't get relegated from the bottom division/s you stay in.

So no need to qualify from your league if you are already in. So the prem will go to just playing to win it or avoid relegation. No cl places, europa or even conference. If there is a team at the top far enough ahead there will be little to play for for most teams. It will be like league cup games. Put out the youngsters and concentrate on the super league.
Should be the bottom team from your country has to play off with your countries league winners?

So still a closed shop then

Not a closed shop. There will still be teams going in and out. But it is highly unlikely a big team will go out. Be like us, utd or liverpool being relegated to league 2. Theoretically it's possible, just in reality it's unlikely.

So if 80 european clubs do join, what are prem clubs going to do? Play in the champions league on their own? Ofcourse they'll sign up.

English clubs have all the power.

We will take all the worlds best players and the European clubs will thank us for it.

Whattya bet if this Super League thing ever gets going that it won't take long before the big moneyed clubs in Saudi Arabia finagle a way to get into it? It's the hidden agenda in all of this. And it would be 'toodle pip' for my interest in that league.

I'm already pondering what tier 2,3,4 clubs I might eventually need to support - Plymouth Argyle? Preston North End? Millwall? Caledonian Thistle? St. Etienne? St. Pauli? Ahh, Bordeaux. Stadium tour ends in a vineyard.

Whattya bet if this Super League thing ever gets going that it won't take long before the big moneyed clubs in Saudi Arabia finagle a way to get into it? It's the hidden agenda in all of this. And it would be 'toodle pip' for my interest in that league.

I'm already pondering what tier 2,3,4 clubs I might eventually need to support - Plymouth Argyle? Preston North End? Millwall? Caledonian Thistle? St. Etienne? St. Pauli? Ahh, Bordeaux. Stadium tour ends in a vineyard.
Apparently we've committed to UEFA competitions...... although qualifying is probably a good start!

The new proposal has 64 teams competitng in it.

Oh, it might have 64 teams in it but only a very few will actually be competing for anything.

And, again, this whole scenario reeks of finding ways to eventually slip those bigger moneyed clubs from Saudi Arabia and environs into the competition. But at least we're hearing the right things being said from Premier League clubs. So far.

Oh, it might have 64 teams in it but only a very few will actually be competing for anything.

And, again, this whole scenario reeks of finding ways to eventually slip those bigger moneyed clubs from Saudi Arabia and environs into the competition. But at least we're hearing the right things being said from Premier League clubs. So far.

I am totally against it. It will make the prem crap. At the moment the prem is exciting for all clubs. You have 5 competitions. Race for the title. Race for a cl spot. El spot. Conference and relegation. Everyone has something to play for. This destroys that. If your team is guaranteed a superleague place and they are not in the title race or relegation battle what is there to play for? They'd put weakened teams out in the pl concentrating on the superleague.

Back