• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Etienne Capoue or Vlad Chiriches

Who would you rather sign?

• Total voters

sebse

Rohan Ricketts
Who would you rather have.

I have only seen youtube videos of both - but I was really disappointed hearing that Vlad's transfer maybe falling apart, and gutted even more with the way it supposedly happened. He looks great, and I have a feeling he would be great at Spurs, a real Coup with the amount of interest he has apparently generated.

Who knows what to believe in regards to the press - but there have been some quotes saying that deal was 99% there only to be called of last minute.

Capoue looks good, but similar to what we already have. Vlad is a defender, which we need more. Capoue has a good pass on him, but I cant help thinking he is very similar to Sandro and Paulinho and maybe Dembele.

Vlad looks to have great skill and flair to him for a Centre Half - he scored against Chelsea in the Europa cup - a good omen indeed.

On first impressions they both look like they would improve our squad - and they are young so good value for money. I would rather have Vlad though, and hope we can sneak that deal through. Hopefully Capoue can play centre half as it looks like he is certain to move to the Lane.

I wonder if we moved for Capoue when we found out we couldn't reach Vlad ?

Capoue.

Played in a better league, big, powerful, strong, good pass, decent finisher for his position and can play central defence as well as covering for Sandro in defensive midfield.

Both.

Capoue looks just about done, but we still need another natural centre back imo. Chiriches could be that player, although I'm sure there are other options.

Chiriches. We need a future class centre back and I love that he's good on the ball.

I will be very happy with Capoue though as I'm confident that he'll prove to be an excellent player for us.

at the moment with caulker gone, vlad is a priority. CB remains a priority even if we manage to confirm Capoue.

Chiriches. We need a future class centre back and I love that he's good on the ball.

I will be very happy with Capoue though as I'm confident that he'll prove to be an excellent player for us.

This. Capoue will be excellent, but Chiriches addresses a need. Capoue as the better overall, but Vlad as the better fit now.

Vlad's better on the ball despite primarily being a CB, he's basically a right footed Vertonghen. Capoue's just another big, strong, tough central midfielder, we have enough of those already.

Apparently chirches weakness is that he can't head the ball very well. We're already rather brick at defending corners as it is....if we bring this guy in and Contreao we're going to be even weaker in the air. It's all well and good having a team full of technically gifted players but what's the point if we're going to be conceding a lot from corners?

We don't have a team full of small technically gifted players, we don't have any. Defending corners and set plays isn't just about height but even then we have a squad full of players 6ft and taller. We're in trouble if we're paying the best part of £10m for someone to help us at corners. We had a smaller team under Harry and conceded from very few corners, it's more about positioning and reading of the situation.

We don't have a team full of small technically gifted players, we don't have any. Defending corners and set plays isn't just about height but even then we have a squad full of players 6ft and taller. We're in trouble if we're paying the best part of £10m for someone to help us at corners. We had a smaller team under Harry and conceded from very few corners, it's more about positioning and reading of the situation.

Say Bale leaves and we bring in a smaller player like Pjanic to replace him who isn't nowhere near as good aerially. Then we bring this guy to start and Contreao at LB..

walker, Chirches, Vertonghen,contreao,Sandro,dembele,paulinho,pjanic,lennon,soldado

my opinion is that we'll get eaten at set pieces...absolutely destroyed. Of course it's not only about height but aerially i wouldn't say any of those are especially good. Nah i'd rather someone else at CB.

Say Bale leaves and we bring in a smaller player like Pjanic to replace him who isn't nowhere near as good aerially. Then we bring this guy to start and Contreao at LB..

walker, Chirches, Vertonghen,contreao,Sandro,dembele,paulinho,pjanic,lennon,soldado

my opinion is that we'll get eaten at set pieces...absolutely destroyed. Of course it's not only about height but aerially i wouldn't say any of those are especially good. Nah i'd rather someone else at CB.

we'll have paulinho, capuoue and sandro helping out with set pieces. and we'll go back to the Jol days where we accept conceding goals and with the belief
that we score more! now that's more like the good old spurs.

Don't really get the poll as they play in different positions. If you were to make a poll I guess it would be better to give options such as Alderwereild now or Chiriches after Steaua have played their final CL qualification match (or even in january if they qualify).

After watching yesterdays game I don't think we are desperate for a centre back as Kaboul looked much better than I would've expected. Therefore I would prefer we went for AVB's preferred choice who if you believe the ITK's is Chiriches. Besides Fryers also looked decent at centre back. Dawson, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Capoue and Fryers would be adequate options until we'll be able to get Chiriches whether it would be in this window or in january.

Back