• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Erik Lamela (announced by Roma p.41)

Re: Erik Lamela

Is this for real?
WTF is going on in Roma, are they going to sell all of their assets?

Their Chairman said earlier this summer that everyone was on sale for the right price. They look to be hitting a financial downcycle, wouldn't be like Levy to ignore such a statement would it?!

Their Chairman said earlier this summer that everyone was on sale for the right price. They look to be hitting a financial downcycle, wouldn't be like Levy to ignore such a statement would it?!

And Baldini knows their pressure points.

You would think Daniel has got some nose for doing that kind of business, yes ;) I dont follow Serie A too much, but Roma has in a way always been the team I follow a bit in Italy. Hope they do well, even if they sell us Lamela (and in best case scenario Pjanic as well) =P~

You would think Daniel has got some nose for doing that kind of business, yes ;) I dont follow Serie A too much, but Roma has in a way always been the team I follow a bit in Italy. Hope they do well, even if they sell us Lamela (and in best case scenario Pjanic as well) =P~

How do you rate Lamela and Pjanic?

How do you rate Lamela and Pjanic?

Of what Ive seen, Lamela would be an excellent signing. He isnt as strong as Bale, but his technique is better. Has an eye for goals, and is quite a good passer as well. Left footed, fairly quick. Not the best defensively - as Bale.
Pjanic is more of a central midfielder, maybe in the 10 role also. Not too strong, not tall - but very good vision and extremely good at set pieces. Has an eye for passing the ball too.
If I had to choose between them, I surely would go for Lamela. He's two years younger, scores more goals and have a bit more flair. Would replace Gareth as good as anyone we possibly have the chance to buy now. He isnt as good as Bale, but not too far away IMO.

I don't get the more central midfielders?

Capoue = Replaces Parker
Paulinho = Replaces Livermore
Pjanic = Replaces Huddlestone

?

IMO

Paulinho replaces Hudd(sort of)
Capow replaces Caulker
Soldado replaces Defoe

Blimey!

A4897_zpsbec480eb.jpg

That's over 40 million quid.

yeah i guess so.

hypothetically speaking, in fantasy land ...

433 :

----Sandro Paulhino----------Capoue Dembele
---------Pjanic----------------------Holtby
Bale------------Lamela----Lennon-----------Chadli

??

----Sandro Paulhino----------Capoue Dembele
Bale----Pjanic----Lamela--Lennon Holtby Chadli

Redonkulous
:ross:

Nice word. You are on form at the moment.

Of what Ive seen, Lamela would be an excellent signing. He isnt as strong as Bale, but his technique is better. Has an eye for goals, and is quite a good passer as well. Left footed, fairly quick. Not the best defensively - as Bale.
Pjanic is more of a central midfielder, maybe in the 10 role also. Not too strong, not tall - but very good vision and extremely good at set pieces. Has an eye for passing the ball too.
If I had to choose between them, I surely would go for Lamela. He's two years younger, scores more goals and have a bit more flair. Would replace Gareth as good as anyone we possibly have the chance to buy now. He isnt as good as Bale, but not too far away IMO.

Cheers. A good summary.

Lamela is a real talent. But I hope we end up with one mr Bale and neither tbh. If we could keep GB and add the Croatian kid to compete/ cover for Lennon, I would be ecstatic.

I've convinced myself we're signing these two + willian, then will try to hold off Bale for one more season. We're going for it. Gambling a title tilt will bring in stadium sponsorship upside which could dwarf the outlay/gamble now...

I've convinced myself we're signing these two + willian, then will try to hold off Bale for one more season. We're going for it. Gambling a title tilt will bring in stadium sponsorship upside which could dwarf the outlay/gamble now...

Don't forget a new left back, a new centre back and Halilovic ;)

Didn't someone mention that Baldini was not allowed to poach from Roma?

those sort of clauses are somewhat irrelevant because its just an agreement ebtween two parties and if those two parties want to tear it up they can

Yep i said we need 2 players to replace Bale and this makes sense. A central attacking midfiedler and a wide sided attacking midfielder (Pjanic and Lamela). No way in this world will we get both of them but still...

Didn't someone mention that Baldini was not allowed to poach from Roma?

I did not hear anything but that would be a hard rule to enforce and IMO the fact Roma have potential Spurs targets was a major reason why Levy wanted Baldini.

Yep i said we need 2 players to replace Bale and this makes sense. A central attacking midfiedler and a wide sided attacking midfielder (Pjanic and Lamela). No way in this world will we get both of them but still...

we can dream! Never ever would have thought these type of signings were a possibility before this transfer window

Back