• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Erik Lamela (announced by Roma p.41)

Re: Erik Lamela

2 players will be brought in to replace Bale imo.

Agree. Its seems highly likely that we were looking for Lamela and Willian - makes sense in that if we're going to lose Bale and bring in an inferior player in his place, that you then want to strengthen another position as well. I think we'll end up with Lamela, Eriksen, Romanian guy who's name I cant spell and a left back. Would prefer someone else rather than Eriksen but obviously trust AVB and Baldi's judgement

Apparently AVB in his press conference also said there would be news on Lamela within a few days, and that we are working on signing him and other players.

Can anyone confirm?

He was asked about Lamela and Chiriches.

He said that we were looking to strengthen, and we were looking at those, but other players too. And that hopefully in the next few days something would be announced.

He DIDN'T say Lamela would be announced in the next few days. Easily could be though. But AVB did not confirm anything.

He was asked about Lamela and Chiriches.

He said that we were looking to strengthen, and we were looking at those, but other players too. And that hopefully in the next few days something would be announced.

He DIDN'T say Lamela would be announced in the next few days. Easily could be though. But AVB did not confirm anything.

AVB tells porkies. Don't believe anything he says.

Those are the most obvious positions.

Might see us go for another attacking player too. There were reports saying that we wanted Willian and Lamela. With Willian out of the picture we might still see us go for one more attacking midfielder.

Agreed. So something like Vlad, Lamela, Eriksen? and Coentrao?. Lot of business to do in 4/5 days!

AVB tells porkies. Don't believe anything he says.

Of course - but some posters above seemed to suggest he was talking directly about Lamela. Like you say, he probably was, but that's not what his words said.

Fabrizio Romano ‏@FabRomano21 5s

Lamela-Tottenham, now yes: Erik will fly to London in the afternoon, at 17,30. Then he'll have medicals and will sign his contract #THFC

Lamela-Tottenham, now yes: Erik will fly to London in the afternoon, at 17,30. Then he'll have medicals and will sign his contract #THFC

He is having a laugh, no way will we ever do a player buy this way again. He will sign contract subject to passing medical.

Just checked all flights from Rome to London

17:30 Flight from Rome arrives 19:25 London via.... Ryanair

If it's Rome time (5:30pm) then there is an Al Italia flight arriving at Heathrow at just after 6:00pm local time.

Probably is Ryan Air though :D

I'd be shocked if it wasn't Ryanair, Easyjet or one of the other economy Airlines.

If the deal finally reached the point where Lamela could come to London to do his medical and sign the papers I would expect both Spurs and Lamela would like to get him to London as soon as possible. Whichever airline that means sending him with will do the trick. The one off cost for a more expensive ticket won't be a big deal. Waiting time is a much more pressing concern.

If the deal finally reached the point where Lamela could come to London to do his medical and sign the papers I would expect both Spurs and Lamela would like to get him to London as soon as possible. Whichever airline that means sending him with will do the trick. The one off cost for a more expensive ticket won't be a big deal. Waiting time is a much more pressing concern.

May I refer you to Soldado, Mido etc :p.

May I refer you to Soldado, Mido etc :p.

Your point?

At least for Soldado it was said that the direct flights from Valencia to London were all budget flights. Perhaps Soldado preferred going direct (I know I would have), perhaps it was significantly quicker and we wanted to get him to London quicker?

I don't know the exact circumstances with Mido and it's a very long time ago. I'm guessing you don't know what options were available at that time either?

Edit: Since you said "etc", might I ask who those additional examples are?

Back