• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Whilst I fully agree
There is more than enough defenders behind him to cover so few Liverpool players
And we had no one putting any pressure on them
Shame it was an uncoordinated mess
Dier was poor there but Romero didn't do enough to stop Diaz either.
Porro for the 1st, never once looked to see if anyone was behind him.
3rd goal, catalogue of errors before Romero's lunge.
4th goal, nice assist for Moura.
All pretty much basic stuff that somehow our players just don't seem to understand.

Yep. Because any time anyone posts something that isn’t 100% positive about a spurs player it means they hate them and want them dead. Can’t just be frustration after years of watching a player who isn’t good for the team but the club doesn’t do the necessary work to replace them.

Please take this as an attempt to have a decent exchange (and I take responsibility for my snarky remark which received this answer so fair play)...

What frustrates me about this thread is the repetition. I think at this point Dier's faults are clear. I don't understand why the same things keep getting repeated over and over?

Please take this as an attempt to have a decent exchange (and I take responsibility for my snarky remark which received this answer so fair play)...

What frustrates me about this thread is the repetition. I think at this point Dier's faults are clear. I don't understand why the same things keep getting repeated over and over?
Because he keeps making the same errors ?

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Because he gets worse every season. Certainly hasn’t improved since he started playing CB. At this point, my ire is more with the managers who are too spineless to drop him and the club for failing to replace him and for putting him on that committee when his performances don’t warrant it.

Because he gets worse every season. Certainly hasn’t improved since he started playing CB. At this point, my ire is more with the managers who are too spineless to drop him and the club for failing to replace him and for putting him on that committee when his performances don’t warrant it.
Committee has nothing to do with performances

Committee has nothing to do with performances

Do you not think it should? I agree there should be an element of seniority to it, but Dier and Lloris have been underperforming for a number of years. Sanchez has been at the club 6 years and could be classed as senior player, a case could be made for him to be on it if it’s not performance based.

So my question remains. Why do people keep repeating themselves on this specific subject? For what it is worth, I don't think 'spineless' is the right word for the managers. They're either stubborn or have very good reasons for playing him.

So my question remains. Why do people keep repeating themselves on this specific subject? For what it is worth, I don't think 'spineless' is the right word for the managers. They're either stubborn or have very good reasons for playing him.
The same thought process would also ask why do we keep giving Kane praise for the same things he's done for many years?

It's because it's now it's still relevant. Just like Kane being a superstar is still relevant no matter if he's done it season after season.

If you really don't like hearing it the only thing within your power is to ignore it or ignore the threads containing the praise or criticism.

That level of consistency in comment is simply not applied evenly or fairly...
Hmm that's your perspective and one I I can't dance with because that's how you see it. I do think football fans as a bunch are generally fickle by nature. Do something well and they are amazing do something stupid and they are absolute brick.

However if there has been a consistency in the commentary he has been getting maybe that does say something about how he has been viewed by the fans over an extended period of time?

The same thought process would also ask why do we keep giving Kane praise for the same things he's done for many years?

It's because it's now it's still relevant. Just like Kane being a superstar is still relevant no matter if he's done it season after season.

If you really don't like hearing it the only thing within your power is to ignore it or ignore the threads containing the praise or criticism.

A very fair point.

Hmm that's your perspective and one I I can't dance with because that's how you see it. I do think football fans as a bunch are generally fickle by nature. Do something well and they are amazing do something stupid and they are absolute brick.

However if there has been a consistency in the commentary he has been getting maybe that does say something about how he has been viewed by the fans over an extended period of time?

To clarify, I meant with regards to other players who escape singling out. Again, in context a fair point. Appreciate the perspective.

Do you not think it should? I agree there should be an element of seniority to it, but Dier and Lloris have been underperforming for a number of years. Sanchez has been at the club 6 years and could be classed as senior player, a case could be made for him to be on it if it’s not performance based.
No it shouldn't have anything to do with it and seniority shouldn't have anything to do with it either. It's a players' committee so it will most likely be the players picking them. Kane and Lloris are obvious picks as captain and vice-captain. Dier is intelligent and well-spoken so he is probably another obvious pick.

I mean, you could say that about the entire forum - 99% of it is all of us making the same comments over and over again about the same people!

And who do you think is free from the kind of criticism that Dier gets? Certainly not Royal and Hojbjerg as far as I can tell, who I'd say are (or were) the other two first-team ever-presents who have been seen as consistently below par.

No it shouldn't have anything to do with it and seniority shouldn't have anything to do with it either. It's a players' committee so it will most likely be the players picking them. Kane and Lloris are obvious picks as captain and vice-captain. Dier is intelligent and well-spoken so he is probably another obvious pick.

I don’t know, logically I would think it would need to be players who also are first team regulars. I’m not saying it would stop a manager from dropping a player, but it might be in the back of their minds. Dier and Lloris honestly, I don’t know what either player has to do to get dropped for a significant period of time or even just a handful of games. Helps their cause that we don’t have strong alternatives but can Forster and Davies/Sanchez really be much worse than the alternatives?

Because they keep making mistakes. I don’t think he’s improved since he started playing CB for us, my honest opinion is he’s got gradually worse.

Because they keep making mistakes. I don’t think he’s improved since he started playing CB for us, my honest opinion is he’s got gradually worse.
He has
I’ve seen him have great games for us, and shockers
His level now…the one that is more frequent isn’t great
His left foot passing is Hugo esque and doesn’t make its man enough
His pace isn’t there so he has one speed
And he switches off more now than ever
Worrying signs

He has
I’ve seen him have great games for us, and shockers
His level now…the one that is more frequent isn’t great
His left foot passing is Hugo esque and doesn’t make its man enough
His pace isn’t there so he has one speed
And he switches off more now than ever
Worrying signs

You wait until Olise, Zaha and Eze have had a go at him on Saturday..:eek:

Whoever comes in and can't see Dier is pants so ultimately fail. Dier has a lack of starting in the team even when he can't defend

Back