• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

dier was poor at cb last year. constantly beaten in the air, allowed runners across him. i wouldnt want to see him play there again unless two others are injured.

Crazy

Ridiculous

Clueless

Mental

Pick any one of them and there's my reply to that comment

Glad the booze worked for you today .. in all seriousness mate, he was imposing as a DM today (not flawless), but that's something I haven't seen in Spurs probably since an in form Sandro.

Agree - was vehemently against him in the DM position but yesterday he was defensively impressive. The problem though is that the closing down is only half of the holding role; it also needs good and quick distribution and am not sure how much of that game Dier can bring on? If he had a Cabaye next to him, however...

Agree - was vehemently against him in the DM position but yesterday he was defensively impressive. The problem though is that the closing down is only half of the holding role; it also needs good and quick distribution and am not sure how much of that game Dier can bring on? If he had a Cabaye next to him, however...

There was nothing wrong with Dier's passing yesterday. He had a 96% pass completion and showed a good range of passes.

http://epl.squawka.com/tottenham-ho...-2015/english-barclays-premier-league/matches

Crazy

Ridiculous

Clueless

Mental

Pick any one of them and there's my reply to that comment

why have we not decided to persue him at centre half and bought 2 in the summer then? dont give me the "age" excuse either considering he's now our first choice central midfielder. It's because he's clearly better in midfield then he ever was at centre half. Take your rose tinted glasses off. He was poor. there is a reason Southgate wanted to play him right back.

It's weird, I've been a fan of him in that role since the Real Madrid pre-season game, but today I came away with the impression that this was his worst game in that role since then.

Serious question, are you on a wind up or were you intoxicated when you made that comment?

Proving me wrong he was very good. :)

Was his tackle on Cleverly a bit fortunate, 'certain' referees these days could have given a red?

Last edited:
How anyone can say he was good in preseason and not yesterday blows my mind. He didn't look a midfielder at all, but game by game improving and yesterday he was great. I know Stop! Hammer time but that's absurd.

Was his tackle on Cleverly a bit fortunate, 'certain' referees these days could have given a red?

I thought so . If we were the away team at say Goodison Park with the crowd in the ref's ear, I'd have at least expected a yellow, maybe red. No one on the Everton team or bench seem to complain about it?

I think it's one of those tackles you get away with in the British leagues but not on the continent.

I thought so . If were the away team at say Goodison Park with the crowd in the ref's ear, I'd have at least expected a yellow, maybe red. No one on the Everton team or bench seem to complain about it?

I think it's one of those tackles you get away with in the British leagues but not on the continent.

no one complained because he got the ball and it was a very good tackle.

Yes, but their player was now out of the game writhing on the ground in pain. Plenty of teams would've reacted differently . Credit to the Everton camp then.

Any ref who gave that as a red would be wrong. It wasn't even a foul IMO. Cleverly was just a little unlucky the way his leg got tangled.

There was nothing wrong with Dier's passing yesterday. He had a 96% pass completion and showed a good range of passes.

http://epl.squawka.com/tottenham-ho...-2015/english-barclays-premier-league/matches

I'm concerned about the number of free-kicks we give away as a team. Yesterday we gave away 20 compared to Everton's 9, to many in dangerous areas. All this without a Lamela on the pitch.:cool:

I think by your stats, Dier gave four away of them , against a team that I don't consider the fastest and trickiest.
Three yellows in four games is not good, in fact it's a worry.

I'm concerned about the number of free-kicks we give away as a team. Yesterday we gave away 20 compared to Everton's 9, to many in dangerous areas. All this without a Lamela on the pitch.:cool:

I think by your stats, Dier gave four away of them , against a team that I don't consider the fastest and trickiest.
Three yellows in four games is not good, in fact it's a worry.

The ref had a shocker yesterday. I also think that the team were responding to giving away leads in the last two games.

The ref had a shocker yesterday. I also think that the team were responding to giving away leads in the last two games.

Good point about the response to the previous disappointments.

However, I'd like to know from you stattos out there, our foul count in the four games in comparison to the other premier league teams. We actually played a game with Stoke City where we fouled them more than they did us (15-11). :eek: ...................Away to Leicester , our foul count was double theirs (14-7) and yesterday the same as already said in previous post (20-9).

Getting the ball is not the requirement for a very good tackle. It can still be a foul even if you get the ball. I thought it was a little reckless and and scissor action. He could have slid down the side to play the ball out or block the cross depending on what he wanted to achieve. That tackle was always going to play the man at the same time..

Back