• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

It’s official - Mourinho has said it was to do with his brother. Fan gave abuse, bro was sitting nearby in stand and retaliated, Dier saw it happening and waded in.

I have a sneaky suspicion the FA will ignore all context, disregard the actual unfolding of the situation and strike down hard on this. Dier will probably get a three match ban in time to miss the Manure match.

I'm certain they're staving Dele's inevitable suspension for that particular game too. #tinfoil

I applaud Eric Dier.I am sick of tossers gobbing off at players and their families, thinking they are immune from response. I'll bet the cowardly weasel sells their story now. If I'd have seen it happening, I'd have given the bloke a mouthful myself. Again, good man Eric Dier!

Sorry Steff but that's nonsense, guy needs to grow the hell up - unless there's some context not yet known he has wildly over reacted and embarrassed himself and the club

Sorry Steff but that's nonsense, guy needs to grow the hell up - unless there's some context not yet known he has wildly over reacted and embarrassed himself and the club

I disagree Billy.
When will we start holding these cretins in the stands accountable for their behaviour? I think it is clear that Dier "exceeded the boundaries of professional behaviour" but he is a human being, and I have no issue with what he did at all given the facts I am aware of. Dier will get punished don't worry, but will the prick who instigated it?

:D

I can understand the emotions running high last night but he could have caused a lot of trouble by his actions.
Is there any precedent in terms of likely punishment? Got to be a 2 or 3 game ban at least?

That's now another player we are going to lose for a run of games. Whatever people might think of him (and he has played a lot better in his last 2 games at CB imo), it's another stretch on an already depleted and struggling squad.

I disagree mate.
When will we start holding these cretins in the stands accountable for their behaviour? I think it is clear that Dier "exceeded the boundaries of professional behaviour" but he is a human being, and I have no issue with what he did at all given the facts I am aware of. Dier will get punished don't worry, but will the prick who instigated it?

Abuse from the stands is part and parcel of being a professional sportsman, plain and simple.

If you can't hack it find another job

Abuse from the stands is part and parcel of being a sportsman, plain and simple

I see.
My guess would be that Eric Dier has heard it all before, so for him to react this way in this situation suggests there are other factors which pushed him way over the edge.
Personally, I always intervene if there are dingdongheads around me aggressively berating my team's players. We need to hold higher standards.

I see.
My guess would be that Eric Dier has heard it all before, so for him to react this way in this situation suggests there are other factors which pushed him way over the edge.
Personally, I always intervene if there are dingdongheads around me aggressively berating my team's players. We need to hold higher standards.

Whatever you think of Dier’s ability, he’s been part of a team that grew together, played exciting football, and enjoyed some great times on the pitch. I’d imagine he’s struggling to work out what the fudge is going on at present and that he’s feeling pretty frustrated as a result.

I see.
What we need to know is actually what happened, then we can draw reasonable conclusions?t

Back