• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

again read what I said
Dier comes in and plays a DM role and we get better results
Everyone else’s game has improved to an extent or hit form but he hasnt TBF
But it’s not a coincidence that since he has come in we have had better results

You said what changes had Jose made, I don't need to re-read it cheers. I haven't disagreed with points you've made either. It's just clear Dier hasn't hit top form but putting out some fires today which is nice to see!

He was pretty good today.

Still remain unconvinced in the long term.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Tbf we hacked down Traore a lot today, I hate playing against him, scares me to death!

They did the same to Lucas, though. Equal number of cards, for the same fouls, for the same reasons.

The thing about Adama is that, in past years, I wasn't actually all that scared of him, because he had absolutely no end product - he was a running machine, but his brain went blank whenever he actually got past the back line.

He's much, much more dangerous now, because Nuno Espirito Santo has basically asked him to do one thing when on the ball - beat his man, cut it back. That, he can do, over and over again. And if you want to stop him doing that, the only way is to foul the everliving crap out of him - which teams have duly been doing all season.

I think that's in his favour and undoubtedly we need players stepping up as on field captains.

If Ndombele can stop limping around and stare the premier League full in the face...we could be on to a partnership.
That’s the partnership that leaps out at me as well, if both can get fit it should complement each other nicely.

As for @scaramanga - Based on current form + situation, would you straight swap Dier for Henderson? Intrigued to hear your answer and hopefully a bit of context if you say what I think you will!
I'd say peak Henderson is about level with current (until today) Dier.

So when Dier's not match fit there's little between them but I'd take peak Dier over Henderson every time.

Henderson is Stevie Me without the talent. He insists on being given the ball (often taking it from the feet of his own players) only to send a Hollywood pass into row z. He runs around like a headless chicken as if effort can somehow compensate for a complete inability to understand or read a game. He's always out of position both with and without the ball. He's a luxury player without any luxury.

Back