• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

This is exactly my point - for that goal we went backwards and then quickly moved the ball around with 1 or 2 touches, a neat forward pass to Lamela, a neat pass from him out wide to Moura, first time to Rose, a good run from Rose, a neat first time pass back inside.... loads of first time passes that were fairly straightforward (i.e. along the floor rather than some impossible floated backspin swerver) but it cut Brighton apart.

Due to playing quickly, incisively and good runs at the right angles.

During other phases of play we weren't doing this, either taking 5 touches or going backwards at the first hint of trouble.

We have been really poor at that lately

Yesterday felt much more like a normal spurs performance

I’m not sure Lucas and Kane work as they play ATM.
Harry looks ‘different’ with Lucas. I cant put into words but Lucas looks to send Harry too deep imho!

Harry looks ‘different’ with Lucas. I cant put into words but Lucas looks to send Harry too deep imho!

I think that it is intentional as we have seen it with other players when Moura isn't playing. Eriksen and Lamela have both played in more advanced positions than Kane this season. My guess is that it is to accommodate Kane whilst he isn't quite up to speed.

I think that it is intentional as we have seen it with other players when Moura isn't playing. Eriksen and Lamela have both played in more advanced positions than Kane this season. My guess is that it is to accommodate Kane whilst he isn't quite up to speed.

Well we need to stop it.
Because Harry looks fine once Lucas isn’t there!

It’s cos Lucas plays the tip of the pair and Kane then plays as a 10

We then see some of these weaker sides of Kane’s game

Bring him in as a wide attacker with pace as an alternative to son

Dele and lamela are similar ish and can fight for the other spot

Trouble is Lucas is better through the middle.
I agree he should only be down the wing if Harry is playing or he, Lucas doesn’t play!
This is down obviously to Pochettino to sort, but I hope he does it PDQ.
Lucas must not be used at the seem at the moment at the expense of Harry who has been the spearhead of all thing Spurs for 4 seasons!!!

I do something think that people want a player that doesn’t exist

It’s why most CMs play as a pair
Speaking only for myself. I like Winks a lot, just hope his fitness issues won't hold him back. We need to find another Carrick or Modric from somewhere, either in the market or coming up through the academy.
Dier and Winks is the answer for me.
I would be happy with that. Or Winks and Wanyama or Dembele. Or a midfield three with Winks anchoring, Alli and Eriksen box to box because I like that sort of thing (perhaps with three centre backs).

Just really tired of watching mid table and even lower half teams having better quick 1-2 touch passing players deep in midfield than us.

It was, and again it shows the importance of breaking lines quickly, a smart pass and a great turn took half the opposition team out of the game.

It looked to me very much like the team were under clear and urgent instruction to get the ball out of defence and up to the forwards much quicker. So much so I posted this comment in the OMT just before HT:
Good to see us playing the ball out from the back much quicker than of late.

They were doing exactly that most the time and not only did it result in fewer mistakes - albeit there were still some - it also paid off with that crisp passing move from end to end for our second goal.

Speaking only for myself. I like Winks a lot, just hope his fitness issues won't hold him back. We need to find another Carrick or Modric from somewhere, either in the market or coming up through the academy.I would be happy with that. Or Winks and Wanyama or Dembele. Or a midfield three with Winks anchoring, Alli and Eriksen box to box because I like that sort of thing (perhaps with three centre backs).

Just really tired of watching mid table and even lower half teams having better quick 1-2 touch passing players deep in midfield than us.

I like winks but as a 2 not a 3

He looked lost vs pool with that stupid system we played

I think that Kane looked better yesterday once his confidence was up and Brighton left more space at the back. I'm not sure that had anything to do with Moura.
Agreed. Very little difference from Kane in the first 60 minutes compared to earlier in the season and Moura was playing wide all game.
No, that is probably a little too bumptious on my part, Harry looks though so much better with extra space to work in!
Alli regularly makes runs up into those areas when playing as a #10. That's part of why he scores and assists so much. Both runs beyond Kane and up to support him.

If Moura is to play that role regularly it's about growing a partnership and an understanding between him and Kane. Can't expect that from a couple of games with a team that's overall far from it's best.

I don't think that will be his role regularly, but it's a good option to have.

Agreed. Very little difference from Kane in the first 60 minutes compared to earlier in the season and Moura was playing wide all game.Alli regularly makes runs up into those areas when playing as a #10. That's part of why he scores and assists so much. Both runs beyond Kane and up to support him.

If Moura is to play that role regularly it's about growing a partnership and an understanding between him and Kane. Can't expect that from a couple of games with a team that's overall far from it's best.

I don't think that will be his role regularly, but it's a good option to have.

As I saiid, I can’t articulate this, it’s more a feeling that something is crowding or restricting Harry’s game at certain times. I may well be something that improves with time and increased understanding?
The difference now is Lucas but I know it’s not that straightforward!

As I saiid, I can’t articulate this, it’s more a feeling that something is crowding or restricting Harry’s game at certain times. I may well be something that improves with time and increased understanding?
The difference now is Lucas but I know it’s not that straightforward!
Kane has had these spells before without Moura even being at the club, never mind in the team.

Kane lacking fitness and sharpness after the World Cup, needing time to play his way back to form. That seems a much more likely explanation than Moura getting in his way to me.

Back