• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

What a great, great article.

The super League stuff was despicable. He betrayed us, showing how out of touch he is. He embarrassed us. This was all about money. No thought given to the impact on the football side, the heritage and history of English football. He, before most other chairman should have had this thought, he has been a chairman for 20 years... He eventually apologised but it was too late. We see it Daniel.

Anyone remember when he took up the option of the government paying 80% of his staff, during COVID? Taking money directly out of our tax paying pockets. We all have to foot that bill in future. All about the money, no thought given to the community. He imposed cuts on his staff.

• Tottenham reduce wages of 550 non-playing staff by 20%
  • Spurs chairman was paid £4m plus £3m bonus in 2018-19

It's just embarrassing for us as supporters to be associated with the money hoarder. There is no proportionality or competing football or human factor: it is all about the money, the investment. Fair enough in another world, but not in this football world, it's different here Daniel. Have you not worked that out in 20 years?

I've had enough of it. It's despicable and I hate being associated with him.

It's been done to death. But :

- ESL : yes, bad idea, certainly in its then proposed format. But if it had gone ahead (and it will, at some stage, in some revised format) and Tottenham were not involved, I am absolutely certain that Levy would be getting pilloried for failing to have us at the top table, by the same people who slate him now for having us involved at that top table.

- Covid Furlough : the scheme that was introduced by government to assist companies through the pandemic? The scheme that benefitted companies throughout the country, including some very large companies with higher revenues and profits than Tottenham? But Tottenham, as a significant contributor to the exchequer, is not allowed to benefit because??? Look at the impact covid had on our finances. Whilst staff wages might be a drop in the ocean, everything would have helped yet certain short-sighted fans lay into the club so they had to back down. Where the club went wrong, imo, was they should have topped up the 20%.
(As an aside, I have yet to meet anyone who was furloughed who was unhappy about it, but of course that's anecdotal and I can't speak for individuals I don't know).

- Money hoarder?

Sacking Conte was a mistake. Who knew!? Plenty on here posted at the time, let Conte see out the season.

Our season fell apart for two reasons. Conte being off after surgery. And sacking Conte with the run-in still to finish.

DL acting like a fan or because of them. It’s great he goes to games and all, but he needs to step back and make rational business decisions. He’s too flippant, reactionary and ‘fan-like’.

The third key failure this season, and why I’m not so worried Paratici is going, is our failure to sign a commanding CB. Maybe with our targets unavailable we didn’t feel we could improve the defence. What a mistake that was.

- ESL : yes, bad idea, certainly in its then proposed format. But if it had gone ahead (and it will, at some stage, in some revised format) and Tottenham were not involved, I am absolutely certain that Levy would be getting pilloried for failing to have us at the top table, by the same people who slate him now for having us involved at that top table.

- Covid Furlough : the scheme that was introduced by government to assist companies through the pandemic? The scheme that benefitted companies throughout the country, including some very large companies with higher revenues and profits than Tottenham? But Tottenham, as a significant contributor to the exchequer, is not allowed to benefit because??? Look at the impact covid had on our finances. Whilst staff wages might be a drop in the ocean, everything would have helped yet certain short-sighted fans lay into the club so they had to back down. Where the club went wrong, imo, was they should have topped up the 20%.
(As an aside, I have yet to meet anyone who was furloughed who was unhappy about it, but of course that's anecdotal and I can't speak for individuals I don't know).

- Money hoarder?

As far as i'm aware we still own a share in the esl. If it does go ahead (which it possibly could in a new format). We could be in line for a cut of any profits.

Just a shame that ‘plan’ has completely fudged our chances of top 4.

Or maybe his payoff included an NDA? Didn’t hear much from Poch, Mourinho or Nuno either once they went.

I don’t mean related to us, I mean at all, the others were back on domestic TV doing punditry quite quickly.

Sacking Conte was a mistake. Who knew!? Plenty on here posted at the time, let Conte see out the season.

Our season fell apart for two reasons. Conte being off after surgery. And sacking Conte with the run-in still to finish.

DL acting like a fan or because of them. It’s great he goes to games and all, but he needs to step back and make rational business decisions. He’s too flippant, reactionary and ‘fan-like’.

The third key failure this season, and why I’m not so worried Paratici is going, is our failure to sign a commanding CB. Maybe with our targets unavailable we didn’t feel we could improve the defence. What a mistake that was.

Conte effectively sacked himself. I’m sure it was expected that he’d be off at the end of the season but not with still 10 games to go.

Yes, there is some truth in there. But when you include a statement such as the one I highlighted, then it's fair to question the balance of the article.

The article was not a slag fest and simply stated facts. He surmised what a lot of fans feel about him (loathed) and if it helps to get rid of him, then thank you mr Chelsea supporter.

P.s. it doesn't need to be a balanced article. He is putting across the sentiments of the majority of fans.

If he wrote a positive article about him, would you say, "where's the balance"?!

The article was not a slag fest and simply stated facts. He surmised what a lot of fans feel about him (loathed) and if it helps to get rid of him, then thank you mr Chelsea supporter.

P.s. it doesn't need to be a balanced article. He is putting across the sentiments of the majority of fans.

If he wrote a positive article about him, would you say, "where's the balance"?!
He's just tuning in to your emotions....that's all.

How are you getting it as the majority?
I’m interested in that side of your comment
I’d happily see levy myself if we get new owners but I’m not saying I’m in the majority
I see plenty of noise on twitter… but that’s literally al it’s good for now

- Money hoarder?

There are so many facts surrounding ENIC that you can batter then with and have so many good points currently, I do wonder why people resort to making up crap. Like you say is the ESL went ahead and we were not involved and were stuck in a comp with Atalanta, CSKA Sofia and The Pig Farmer Association of Albania FC people would have lost their heads. And as I said at the time, people would have preferred us to lose a million a day in Covid and have a knock on to the spending than go into furlough which is contrary to their then moans about spending money. People will just make crap up to have a pop when there are so many good reasons to that are much more realistic.

There are so many facts surrounding ENIC that you can batter then with and have so many good points currently, I do wonder why people resort to making up crap. Like you say is the ESL went ahead and we were not involved and were stuck in a comp with Atalanta, CSKA Sofia and The Pig Farmer Association of Albania FC people would have lost their heads. And as I said at the time, people would have preferred us to lose a million a day in Covid and have a knock on to the spending than go into furlough which is contrary to their then moans about spending money. People will just make crap up to have a pop when there are so many good reasons to that are much more realistic.
It’s fuel for the fire

He wasn't sacked. If he was he'd be sueing us for wrongful dismissal as he did against chelsea. His backroom staff would have probably gone then too.
Of course he was sacked, sacked with an agreed pay off to sweeten it. I don’t think he was upset to be leaving, far from it. However he could’ve carried on until the end of the season had Danny not been so concerned about Conte telling some home truths in the press about the ownership.

Back