• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Blimey these recent posting have restored my faith in our supporters, with their welcome touch of reality and a complete lack of entitlement and we are a big club hyperbole. Not that we aren't a big club but a lot of our fans are small time.

This .. Everton had figured it out 7 years ago with Moyes

- You want to be best of the rest, invest wisely, buy low, sell high, pick up the occasional good opportunistic deal
- Get Europa regularly and IF the stars align on a year (other teams results, injuries, player breakthroughs) , you could get CL

The fact that Manure has spent a shed load of money, have players on wages above 300k and still don't even look vaguely competitive with City/Cheat$ki should really wake people up. People with the daydream that 1 or 2 players would really change our team, it won't makes us CL regulars.

We need to solidify our position in 5th/6th, beat the teams below us and be placed for the time/place opportunity presents itself. Unfortunately I don't think Spurs fans can/will accept this.

Agreed. Unfortunately some Spurs fans seem to be under the delusion that we are being held back from our rightful place as perennial title challengers by ENIC, when in reality we have been punching above our weight for most of the past decade.

in short, the moment we are starting to build something resembling a successful side, the core of it is always ripped out because there are too many teams with more money than us.

Spot on. Considering there are currently 4 English clubs (Cit£h, Chav$ki, ManU and ARSEnal) who can afford to spend around double what we do on wages plus Liverpool shell out almost 50% more on player salaries than us too, it would be an achievement almost on par (financially at least) with Atletico winning La Liga for us to finish ahead of any 2 of them and qualify for the CL again!

4slehj.jpg

Blimey these recent posting have restored my faith in our supporters, with their welcome touch of reality and a complete lack of entitlement and we are a big club hyperbole. Not that we aren't a big club but a lot of our fans are small time.

Depends how you look at it, really. If you look down and celebrate beating West Ham, Villa, Everton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine to a player, then certainly, we're a big club compared to them. If you look up at the fantastically immense gap between us and the real big boys, then we become what I think we currently are: a mid-size, water-treading club that is suffering from a vehemently severe personality disorder, wherein the fans are charged the second-highest prices in the league but are then told they are 'entitled' when they dare to dream, and are advised to instead just celebrate that we can just about barely outspend and outplay the teams below us (who charge far more reasonable ticket prices and yet take to the field against us these days on an almost even footing with our own wondrous players).

'Entitlement' is a word that needs to be exterminated with extreme prejudice when it comes to our fanbase. They're not entitled. Or 'small time'. They're confused, and somewhat angry that their own investments into the club aren't being matched by our owners. Although I will concede that there is an element of clamishness within our fanbase as well, on the strength of last week's arguments.

entitlement isnt the correct word, it's not about having a right to anything, and that insinuation does annoy me

all I expect is for Spurs to behave like a football club and actually try to win, that's the point of sport

this is PL football, "pouring money in" is part of it, that's like saying "expecting Mercedes to put an engine in their car is entitlement"

Arf!

Sorry, fella, but "pouring money in" is most certainly not an intrinsic part of it.

And your analogy is just silly, as I'm sure you're aware!

Depends how you look at it, really. If you look down and celebrate beating West Ham, Villa, Everton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine to a player, then certainly, we're a big club compared to them. If you look up at the fantastically immense gap between us and the real big boys, then we become what I think we currently are: a mid-size, water-treading club that is suffering from a vehemently severe personality disorder, wherein the fans are charged the second-highest prices in the league but are then told they are 'entitled' when they dare to dream, and are advised to instead just celebrate that we can just about barely outspend and outplay the teams below us (who charge far more reasonable ticket prices and yet take to the field against us these days on an almost even footing with our own wondrous players).

'Entitlement' is a word that needs to be exterminated with extreme prejudice when it comes to our fanbase. They're not entitled. Or 'small time'. They're confused, and somewhat angry that their own investments into the club aren't being matched by our owners. Although I will concede that there is an element of clamishness within our fanbase as well, on the strength of last week's arguments.

How so? The owners have just put £40m into the club.

this is PL football, "pouring money in" is part of it, that's like saying "expecting Mercedes to put an engine in their car is entitlement"

It really isn't though is it - the vast majority of clubs don't have owners who pour money in to the clubs. In fact we're probably at the higher end in terms of money invested in to the squad

the ones that win stuff do, the rest are as irrelevant as we are

So Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project, then?

Well, if the complaint is that ENIC aren't investing to the level that Abramovich and Mansour do, then that stinks of a sense of entitlement to me.

So you're basically saying it's all about waiting till your club gets bought by a sugar daddy - i think id have stopped following the club/sport if i ever got to that point

it has got to that point, you can't win the league without major investment

it's a recent change admittedly, for years we were hamstrung merely by incompetence, we can only blame ourselves for that but it kept it interesting, a new coach, couple of new players could have made all the difference, that's no longer the case

now we are not playing the same game

it doesn't have to be Lewis raiding his piggy bank (why should he), it doesn't have to be a oligarch, sheik or a hedge fund, it doesn't necessitate levy being kicked out, but if we are gonna win something we need a boost from somewhere

So Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project, then?

Well, if the complaint is that ENIC aren't investing to the level that Abramovich and Mansour do, then that stinks of a sense of entitlement to me.

how could they, they haven't got the money

see my previous post

if football is purely about your team winning, then i guess 16 of the premier league teams are irrelevant for you. but for me (and i assume most football fans), supporting your club is about so much more than just winning titles. what about the drama that comes with supporting a club? we've had plenty of that over the past few years. and the sense of belonging and striving together that comes from supporting a football club? even if we never win anything ever again, the spurs will still provide me with many years of pain and joy. and ultimately thats what following a football club is all about.

How so? The owners have just put £40m into the club.

I accepted that point a couple of weeks ago, I believe. My reply is simply this: the club earns thirty-five million quid (I believe) a year from matchday revenue alone, going by last year's figures. Even accepting that said figure has reached its current level due to multiple price rises over the years that ENIC has owned us, the amount put in over ENIC's entire tenure by the fans alone considerably outstrips the investment made by ENIC into the club itself, and that's while including the amount ENIC spent to buy the club in the first place.

That is what I mean when I say that the fans are confused and angry at the current state of the club. They are charged a great deal of money far out of proportion to our league status as a club, and are dissatisfied with the lack of equivalent investment from the owners in keeping with this fact. What 'equivalent investment' actually denotes varies from fan to fan, but the general discontent over our bottom-of-the-table net spend and our regression post-Redknapp (which stands as a bit of a whack across the face to those of us who felt that the managers post-Redknapp would be backed with more than the Saha-Nelsen combo that benighted Harry's last days)...highlights that this discontent is present, and in considerable quantities.

Arf!

Sorry, fella, but "pouring money in" is most certainly not an intrinsic part of it.

And your analogy is just silly, as I'm sure you're aware!

Quite right. It is more akin to Mercedes creating a CLS-series car with the engine of an Austin Allegro and then charging full price for it.

Back