• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

So how would that work in practice to stop the holding company going bust and Chelsea ending up with a billion quids worth of players? Is there an obligation on the football club as recipients of the assets to pay the transfer fees even if the holding company went bust?
Chelsea are a separate limited company. If other businesses that the owners have raised debt against cannot service their debts then those companies would go through the standard insolvency processes. If the directors of the holding company are using personal debt then they could choose to sell all or some of their equity in Chelsea to sure up their personal position.

Yeh, it go to a franchise partner who will share in the costs and then pay rent or operate a profit share. My guess is it will be one of the lifestyle brands of one of the major players.

Yeah it’s a big multi billion quid project - I get confused where the clubs bit stops and the lendlease/Haringey development starts.

So we build a hotel and four big tower blocks with 867 homes- for which we have planning consent - is there further parcels of land the club are looking to develop or is all the remainder local authority/housing trust land?

Chelsea are a separate limited company. If other businesses that the owners have raised debt against cannot service their debts then those companies would go through the standard insolvency processes. If the directors of the holding company are using personal debt then they could choose to sell all or some of their equity in Chelsea to sure up their personal position.
They could but if the debt they owe is greater than the value of Chelsea for example they have an issue
We don’t know what the borrowing is secured on and by whom
I do know they are trying to get more investment in. Hawking around 10% of the holding company for $400m.
They also had the agreement to invest in the club and infrastructure which to date, from the outside hasn’t happened

Yeah it’s a big multi billion quid project - I get confused where the clubs bit stops and the lendlease/Haringey development starts.

So we build a hotel and four big tower blocks with 867 homes- for which we have planning consent - is there further parcels of land the club are looking to develop or is all the remainder local authority/housing trust land?
Possibly
The holding entity of the club owned a lot of land
It may well be spun off now too (I don’t know and wouldn’t be shocked if it was)

They could but if the debt they owe is greater than the value of Chelsea for example they have an issue
We don’t know what the borrowing is secured on and by whom
I do know they are trying to get more investment in. Hawking around 10% of the holding company for $400m.
They also had the agreement to invest in the club and infrastructure which to date, from the outside hasn’t happened
The money Chelsea have been spending on transfers suggests to me there has been investment into the club.

The money Chelsea have been spending on transfers suggests to me there has been investment into the club.
Yeah but that isn’t the investment they publicly said they would do
Nothing on the ground, the ladies team or the youth team
I’m sure some will argue the buys they have made are youth team but we know that’s bollcosk
I’m genuinely intrigued now as to why they are still offering crazy long contracts when they don’t benefit from them financially
They have definitely spent money on the team
Although arguably most buys are already worth less the the fee they paid

I’m sure some will argue the buys they have made are youth team but we know that’s bollcosk
I’m genuinely intrigued now as to why they are still offering crazy long contracts when they don’t benefit from them financially

The amortisation fix has only been brought in in Europe and domestically they still benefit from it (or vice versa)

The amortisation fix has only been brought in in Europe and domestically they still benefit from it (or vice versa)
Lost me there?
The amortisation fix kicked in for this window
So they don’t gain
But you’re saying it’s only for Europe?
If so, I completely missed that

I think they're gambling on player inflation to continue at a huge rate.

Thing is they have paid peak prices for some average players so far
What’s Mudryk worth now? £10m maybe
I can’t think of one that will have gone up in value to date

Yeh seems risky considering 30 players means 19 of them won't play and unless they are tearing it up in cameos or on loan, they will depreciate massively.

Even if they fire and as good as someone like Casiedo is, he isn't going much further to make someone else pay 100m+ IMO. Too many of their buys are at their ceiling price wise, even accounting for future growth

Yeh seems risky considering 30 players means 19 of them won't play and unless they are tearing it up in cameos or on loan, they will depreciate massively.

Even if they fire and as good as someone like Casiedo is, he isn't going much further to make someone else pay 100m+ IMO. Too many of their buys are at their ceiling price wise, even accounting for future growth
Agreed, it is an absolute disaster waiting to unravel UNLESS some mysterious Arabic backer wants to buy them all for twice the price. What are the chances?

That fails to consider the fact that prior to the premiership being formed there was not the same income difference between clubs in the top division and division below.

So why mention they were in the second division? If that is meaningless then it should be meaningless.

How much have we spent in the last couple of years compared to turnover?

So why mention they were in the second division? If that is meaningless then it should be meaningless.

How much have we spent in the last couple of years compared to turnover?

Ok i'll save everyone the bother.

Our turnover in the last financials was £440m.

We spent £248.6m on players this summer.

That is 56.5% of turnover. 6.5% more than liverpool with their sugar daddy, as has been claimed.

Last edited:
Thing is they have paid peak prices for some average players so far
What’s Mudryk worth now? £10m maybe
I can’t think of one that will have gone up in value to date
But we know that the players valuations could easily go up if the coach (Poch or otherwise) unravels the mess in front of him...and tbh it's still early days in that regard.

Although, if you keep piling on players, it doesn't help!

Edit: I mean go up from what they have probably declined to. Most of their purchases were toppy pricewise

But we know that the players valuations could easily go up if the coach (Poch or otherwise) unravels the mess in front of him...and tbh it's still early days in that regard.

Although, if you keep piling on players, it doesn't help!

Edit: I mean go up from what they have probably declined to. Most of their purchases and toppy
I can’t think of one player they have brought, and there must be some by default, that I think is of any market value relevant to the fee. I haven’t checked though
But the club has no identity either so I’d struggle to even name a team there now TBF
And Poch can’t fix that IMO. I know we have the Poch love ins and he was right to take a job if he wanted to work. But he doesn’t have the experience for that job. I don’t think anyone does

I can’t think of one player they have brought, and there must be some by default, that I think is of any market value relevant to the fee. I haven’t checked though
But the club has no identity either so I’d struggle to even name a team there now TBF
And Poch can’t fix that IMO. I know we have the Poch love ins and he was right to take a job if he wanted to work. But he doesn’t have the experience for that job. I don’t think anyone does
What's going on there is massively interesting. The approach, the model....I'm finding it hard to see how it can work out. Obviously there might be a great team within that group but it's going to take some working thru, and the cost of the ones that don't make the grade is crippling, especially as in essence it's investor led. Which makes you think there has got to be more to it?

Back