• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Harry Kane had only had 2 seasons in the PL at the point that we wanted to sign Mane and we rewarded Kane with a new contract on higher wages than Mane asked for anyway so Mane wouldn't have been on more money than Kane.

We also gave Hugo Lloris a new contract in 2016 that had higher pay than Mane was asking for.

Interestingly enough when we passed up the opportunity to sign Mane that summer (we were his preferred destination at that time) he actually then went and had conversations with Man Utd and had a deal agreed there ready to sign before Liverpool came in late and got him.

What are your sources for all of this? I googled 'Tottenham Mane wages' and there were two articles from the Sun and Daily Mail saying we didn't match his wage demands (with no quotes), vs three articles with a quote from Mane's agent saying that Mane's decision wasn't based on wages:

"Sadio had five offers in the summer and financially all of them were good," Bezemer said.

"We wanted the right team, with the right coach at the right moment to arrive at the next level. That is the reason Sadio went to Anfield."

Feels like we can all choose to believe whatever we want to?!

What are your sources for all of this? I googled 'Tottenham Mane wages' and there were two articles from the Sun and Daily Mail saying we didn't match his wage demands (with no quotes), vs three articles with a quote from Mane's agent saying that Mane's decision wasn't based on wages:

"Sadio had five offers in the summer and financially all of them were good," Bezemer said.

"We wanted the right team, with the right coach at the right moment to arrive at the next level. That is the reason Sadio went to Anfield."

Feels like we can all choose to believe whatever we want to?!

they always say that, and it’s always money, we’d all be the same

https://www.football365.com/news/sh...d-fails-qatari-seeks-premier-league-footprint

Would anyone be happy with Sheikh Jassim lol :eek:

Could we even cheat anyway with the new spending rules in place?

Its funny that the article suggests it would lead to city, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and us competing for the title regularly with the rest fighting it out for 4th.

If they are concluding that based on likely transfer budget well man utd and chelsea are similarly backed whilst Kroenke has been throwing money around in recent years.

https://www.football365.com/news/sh...d-fails-qatari-seeks-premier-league-footprint

Its funny that the article suggests it would lead to city, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and us competing for the title regularly with the rest fighting it out for 4th.

If they are concluding that based on likely transfer budget well man utd and chelsea are similarly backed whilst Kroenke has been throwing money around in recent years.

We have scope for more head room with additional revenues were currently not getting

More commercial revenue which hasn’t been maximised yet
Naming rights
Clear the loan…
That could be anything on top

Last edited:

We wouldn’t need to. We are pretty much unique in the PL at operating well below the FFP limit, most clubs operate at or even beyond the limit. Just by hitting line (plus the max allowed overspend) we would invest more on wages and transfer fees and that is before considering the sizeable in-house stadium (and training ground) sponsorship deals that we could immediately put in place and argue are ‘market rate’ (add our matchday income stream to Emirates Marketing Project’s Commercial income stream and you start to see what is possible)

We wouldn’t need to. We are pretty much unique in the PL at operating well below the FFP limit, most clubs operate at or even beyond the limit. Just by hitting line (plus the max allowed overspend) we would invest more on wages and transfer fees and that is before considering the sizeable in-house stadium (and training ground) sponsorship deals that we could immediately put in place and argue are ‘market rate’ (add our matchday income stream to Emirates Marketing Project’s Commercial income stream and you start to see what is possible)

Okay so we likely would become one of the best in Europe quite quickly.

So would people be happy with Jassim coming in?

For me I would be torn but if it is a choice between us largely staying as we are and becoming a great team again (not really seen since Bill Nick) and of course Jassim probably buying arsenal if he didn’t get us… well then I would definitely take it.

I think owner investment is cheating, I’d be against it.

We’d no longer be doing things in what I consider to be “the right way”.

If you buy trophies they have no value.

For infrastructure i have no problem. Stadium or surrounds. Making the club itself increase revenue can only be a good thing. For me at least.

I think owner investment is cheating, I’d be against it.

We’d no longer be doing things in what I consider to be “the right way”.

If you buy trophies they have no value.

What if you knew (had a crystal ball) over the next decade and beyond that buying us makes us as good as city and not buying us results in us staying much the same as we are now and them buying arsenal instead and making them as good as city?

What if you knew (had a crystal ball) over the next decade and beyond that buying us makes us as good as city and not buying us results in us staying much the same as we are now and them buying arsenal instead and making them as good as city?

I don’t care about other clubs, I want us to have moral superiority.

I don’t care about other clubs, I want us to have moral superiority.

What is that exactly? Is it moral to be paying some of these clowns the wages we do when we have hard working people on the borderline ... and in some cases these players pay themselves with offshore accounts to avoid tax.

Morals like how we got found out in covid and massively backtracked?

Morals like trying to get into the super league?

Footballs governing body is as corrupt as they want to be and we as a club are in their pocket ... morals my friend is not this game anymore m

What is that exactly? Is it moral to be paying some of these clowns the wages we do when we have hard working people on the borderline ... and in some cases these players pay themselves with offshore accounts to avoid tax.

Morals like how we got found out in covid and massively backtracked?

Morals like trying to get into the super league?

Footballs governing body is as corrupt as they want to be and we as a club are in their pocket ... morals my friend is not this game anymore m

you mean using the furlough scheme during Covid?

Didn’t mind that, lots of companies used it, that’s what it was there for

agreed with the super league decision

spending more than you make is the line for me

you mean using the furlough scheme during Covid?

Didn’t mind that, lots of companies used it, that’s what it was there for

agreed with the super league decision

spending more than you make is the line for me

If the rules were enforced and our own league didn't allow for the Saudis, oligarchs, corrupt individuals to own clubs I'd be with you ... but in reality

More than being associated with a state regime, my issue is that these teams exist to the detriment of literally every other team and league in world football. The market was skewed by Abramovich. It was skewed further by Sheikh Mansour. Qatar and PSG have spoilt the French league and now Saudi Sportswashing Machine is going to skew it even further.

New rules won't mean brick, these clubs will find a way around it. Or they'll just outright break the rules with little care. I don't want Spurs to be involved with that.

But...if it were to happen, it would be incredibly difficult to just up and leave after 25 years of supporting them.

Back