• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Look guys and girls to cut through the noise and hyperbole, we've moved on from a manager that given honest assessment had run it's course, progression had ceased, more likely reversed. Few are crying about his dismissal.

The current Paratici blow up has come strictly because of some weird behaviour by FIFA. All parties would logically be waiting for the appeal hearing outcome before stating direction of travel, not FIFA it seems. Let's silver line this by thinking it has focused the minds 3 weeks early (from the appeal date), more time to work on a new guy, and potentially a legally legitimate reason to shift Paratici out the door. The hope has to be that the club realise there is little upside on continuing with Paratici.

Yes, the hope was the current setup would roll thru to the end of the season as the results were just about acceptable but everyone thought the football was dreadful. I have little faith in Paratici selecting a manager. So just moving away from all that gives me hope, the death of the 'win now' experiment, moving back to something that is more 'us', and a guy that hopefully gets 'us'

I've no interest in overseas football so no nothing about any managers being mentioned, it's been a hard watch since Pochettino left, but I've hope the systematic approach used by his successors would bring some pots before I pop my clogs. Recent league positions have been good but the football has been a hard watch and not entertaining. I want us to win but I do want to be entertained and I'd be happy to have a manager that can get us playing more on the front foot. It's highly unlikely but what would our fans want if we won 9 of our remaining games?

Look guys and girls to cut through the noise and hyperbole, we've moved on from a manager that given honest assessment had run it's course, progression had ceased, more likely reversed. Few are crying about his dismissal.

The current Paratici blow up has come strictly because of some weird behaviour by FIFA. All parties would logically be waiting for the appeal hearing outcome before stating direction of travel, not FIFA it seems. Let's silver line this by thinking it has focused the minds 3 weeks early (from the appeal date), more time to work on a new guy, and potentially a legally legitimate reason to shift Paratici out the door. The hope has to be that the club realise there is little upside on continuing with Paratici.

Yes, the hope was the current setup would roll thru to the end of the season as the results were just about acceptable but everyone thought the football was dreadful. I have little faith in Paratici selecting a manager. So just moving away from all that gives me hope, the death of the 'win now' experiment, moving back to something that is more 'us', and a guy that hopefully gets 'us'

Agree although we are clearly sticking by Paratici as long as he is successful with his appeals.

If he comes through then that’s a positive as he is good at his job. Selecting managers is a little suspect although to be fair he didn’t get to appoint his original choices of fonseca and gattuso. Yes they didn’t inspire anyone but neither did bentancur and kulu when we signed them.

Also for all we know he was the one that suggested ten hag.

Agree although we are clearly sticking by Paratici as long as he is successful with his appeals.

If he comes through then that’s a positive as he is good at his job. Selecting managers is a little suspect although to be fair he didn’t get to appoint his original choices of fonseca and gattuso. Yes they didn’t inspire anyone but neither did bentancur and kulu when we signed them.

The appeal to the existing Italian FA/FIFA ban is not the end. He has a potential indictment for a more serious charge of financial malpractice looming after that. This could drag on for a long time. We can’t afford to hang around.

The appeal to the existing Italian FA/FIFA ban is not the end. He has a potential indictment for a more serious charge of financial malpractice looming after that. This could drag on for a long time. We can’t afford to hang around.

I’m aware of that and despite your assertion that we can’t afford to hang around, it seems at least for now the club intends to stick by him.

Believe it or not, I agree with you. There is no real downside to keeping him around pending appeals - if his ban is upheld, we can let him go without issue. If his ban is stayed or dropped, we get a loyal employee happy we backed them in a difficult time. Decent people management from Levy.

Mind, I have my doubts on his managerial choices. But no denying man can see talent.

Given our poor performance in the transfer market in the couple years before he joined (GLC, Rodon, Reguilon, Doherty, Ndombele, Sessegnon, Bergiwjn) compared with those post Paratici (Romero, Kulu, Richie, Bisouma, Bentancur, Porro etc) I'd suggest that if he's not banned then we hang on to him!

Looking at that list of pre-Paratici players, thats £150m - £200m of wasted fees...swap then for even a couple decent players (say 2 CBs) and we'd be infinitely better off now

Given our poor performance in the transfer market in the couple years before he joined (GLC, Rodon, Reguilon, Doherty, Ndombele, Sessegnon, Bergiwjn) compared with those post Paratici (Romero, Kulu, Richie, Bisouma, Bentancur, Porro etc) I'd suggest that if he's not banned then we hang on to him!

Looking at that list of pre-Paratici players, thats £150m - £200m of wasted fees...swap then for even a couple decent players (say 2 CBs) and we'd be infinitely better off now
I’m more impressed with the organisation that Paratici has started to put in place beneath the first squad. We are actually starting to have a scouting and recruitment structure befitting of a big club. I worry that Paratici will go and we’ll revert to a small, cheap, low quality structure again.

Saw a tweet stating Levy was stepping down and ENIC would sell the club immediately. Made me genuinely happy then I remembered what day it is. I can’t wait for the day they no longer own the club.

Saw a tweet stating Levy was stepping down and ENIC would sell the club immediately. Made me genuinely happy then I remembered what day it is. I can’t wait for the day they no longer own the club.
Yep, its so bad being run by them, we have not progressed at all in the 20 years they have been here and i wish we would go back to how we were before they took over.

I dont see that as a risk. Levy seems perfectly happy to spend up on managers and DoF
? But prior to Paratici we didn't so Levy could easily revert to one man and his dog.
It is vital we have a top4 level team to scout / academy / analysis etc

I dont see that as a risk. Levy seems perfectly happy to spend up on managers and DoF
Prior to Paratici the budget for the recruitment team was tiny. Hitchen and a few part time scouts. The Times article yesterday (that was very positive about Levy) stated that many were surprised at how much responsibility and control Levy had ceded to Paratici.

? But prior to Paratici we didn't so Levy could easily revert to one man and his dog.
It is vital we have a top4 level team to scout / academy / analysis etc

Prior to Paratici the budget for the recruitment team was tiny. Hitchen and a few part time scouts. The Times article yesterday (that was very positive about Levy) stated that many were surprised at how much responsibility and control Levy had ceded to Paratici.
Yes, because Paratici came in and suggested all that is being implemented. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure the club had identified (as you have) that a few areas were not up to standard and needed an overhaul and better structure. All part of the much requested 'act like a big club'.

Paratici was employed and given autonomy to oversee this. Once again much requested.

Who were the 'many surprised' btw?

Back