• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Our loss is an accounting loss only mate due to the club depreciating the stadium and training ground over a short 20 year period

Yes its clever. I won't lament us having clever owners. As though we'd prefer stupid owners.

It still shows we are quite close to breakeven.

In no other business would you celebrate not making money! You would be deeply concerned. Running a mile. We have spent 500m on transfers in the past few years. The question should be have we spent this wisely? How can we improve the structure of the management team to get more for our money? I know you like a good bleat about our wages. But again, why lament us being more agile, and having a model which allows us more flexibility? To me that is clever. Provided that for the right player we use some of that headroom when appropriate. And that is how the club is run. Prudently. We do spend significant sums. 40m on a RB. Romero etc. For the right player we spend well. And that is the way it should be. Yes a cash injection would be great, but a consistent management and scouting setup is more important. Throwing money at the problem without the infrastructure won't work either.

Well (according to Lilbaz) we’re WAY under the 90% this year. We will we have a underspend of over £50m. With our increased revenue in the next accounts we’ll then also be WAY under the 80% for that year (probably even further under than this year). ignore the £60m overspend it seems we won’t even get close to zero overspend.

I had thought we were doing OK and operating close to the limit and Levy’s FFP talk was genuine. However it seems we’re doing the same thing we did for several years under the old rules and getting nowhere near the limits while just about every other club in the PL pushes them to the limits.

*Of course I reserve the right to retract this statement is if Lilbaz is wrong and the other costs are included in the FFP calculations

Don't put it on me. Read the rules for yourself.

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/pro...-41f78afb0c7a-1000--financial-sustainability/

Is your point all football clubs should make losses? Or just us? I am not sure I understand. Your concern is we don't pump in extra cash as say City did?
Football clubs shouldn’t make a profit and pay taxes
That would be naive IMO a when the whole business is about trading assets that you can write off

He hasn’t destroyed the club
The club is no worse than what he inherited

They go down they are fudged. Big debts, players on wages too high that they can offload. Dele coming back.

They should have failed ffp last season and got relegated. The prem let them off due covid.

This is one of the original "big 5" clubs that started the premier league.

Edit - by the way everton were 11th in the table when moshiri bought them.

Last edited:
They go down they are fudged. Big debts, players on wages too high that they can offload. Dele coming back.

They should have failed ffp last season and got relegated. The prem let them off due covid.

This is one of the original "big 5" clubs that started the premier league.

Edit - by the way everton were 11th in the table when moshiri bought them.
But they have consistently struggled since the prem was formed
Who are they in debt to?

Moshiri goes well over it. Does that make him better?

Yes we can spend more snd are starting to.

Moshiri was just a front for Alisher Usmanov, the Putin-friendly oligarch and former goon shareholder. Surprising that more isn't made of this. Moshiri was Usmanov's accountant originally.

But they have consistently struggled since the prem was formed
Who are they in debt to?

Read their financials. They made by far the biggest loss in the prem over the last couple of years. Almost £400m. They lost their main benefactor due to being sanctioned and are trying to build a stadium.

The 10 years before moshiri bought them they finished:

Better than the 10 before enic bought us.

Read their financials. They made by far the biggest loss in the prem over the last couple of years. Almost £400m. They lost their main benefactor due to being sanctioned and are trying to build a stadium.
Yep
I said that many many moons ago when people were saying it wasn’t the case
But still they aren’t going under and have money to keep them afloat…. Most clubs would be bust with that level of debt
And who do they owe the money to?

Interesting that nobody seems to care about this….

Not everyone is an armchair accountant tbf who can take the time or have the knowledge to properly understand the implications of the numbers.

As a layman looking at your post i would hazard a guess that those figures fluctuate year to year depending on variables and it would be player wages that would primarily close the gap? Wage expenditure will naturally rise slower compared to speed at which revenue has grown since the stadium has started bringing in the papes - as the squad improves wages will go up too but this won't happen instantly.

In which case it seems that we're yet again operating well under the line (we're at about 67% in our recently released accounts by your metrics) *sigh*

There is still over £50m of wiggle room on combined amortisation and wage bill for this year (before even considering the allowable £60m loss). Next year we'll be even further below the line (unless we suddenly massively up our spending)

It's fine Levy trotting out the FFP line but he first has to get us operating somewhere close to the line instead of well below it.

Does he trot out the FFP line? The bloke spoken to the press twice this year which is prolific, he mentioned about clubs and their abuse of it, I have never read him say that we are on the limit and therefore given a falsehood of our status.

FFP is there to govern the game, you are talking it up like its where clubs should be in terms of their spending, you expect clubs to be right up against their limits which is not really what they are designed for, but alas I get that its another thing for people to be upset about. Regardless of the fact we are now starting to increase our spending and are inline with rivals (Bar Chelsea) on spending

Our loss is an accounting loss only mate, due to the club depreciating the stadium and training ground over a short 20 year period

People keep saying this as if it means we don’t have to pay any cash for the stadium. Don’t we have a plan to pay off the remaining loan balance over 23 years? Which I appreciate means a lower annual figure than the depreciation figure, but I’d imagine it will still require a lower ratio of wage + amortisation : revenue than other clubs, won’t it?

Well (according to Lilbaz) we’re WAY under the 90% this year. We will we have a underspend of over £50m. With our increased revenue in the next accounts we’ll then also be WAY under the 80% for that year (probably even further under than this year). ignore the £60m overspend it seems we won’t even get close to zero overspend.

I had thought we were doing OK and operating close to the limit and Levy’s FFP talk was genuine. However it seems we’re doing the same thing we did for several years under the old rules and getting nowhere near the limits while just about every other club in the PL pushes them to the limits.

*Of course I reserve the right to retract this statement is if Lilbaz is wrong and the other costs are included in the FFP calculations
We have kicked the can down the road on a lot of transfers...(as I said Richie Romero and Deki are all coming in the 22/23 accounts), that will obviously be helped by a probable £500+m income figure as well.

Looking back it has to be remembered these set of accounts started in July 2021. COVID restrictions were still in place, our away game at Brighton Dec 2021 was called off for COVID. So with that still a backdrop and already nursing 18months of eff all income, along with a big transfer debt already outstanding (a large part being due on poor acquisitions)....so considering that landscape the correct way to proceed is to push our FFP % to the limit to keep Finney happy?

Last edited:
Back