• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Maybe, but some of our fans are quicker to want YET another manager change.
I wanted Poch to stay (one of the most stupid sackings in the history of football that one).
I also wanted Redknapp to stay.
I also want Conte to stay.
I never wanted Mourinho appointed but once we had him I wanted him retained for the League Cup final.

Last edited:
I wanted Poch to stay (one of the most stupid sackings in the history of football that one).
I never wanted Moirinho appointed but once we had him I wanted him retained for the League Cup final.
Redknapp caused his own demise
Poch was a multitude of things of which very little was his own making

I never wanted Moirinho appointed but once we had him I wanted him retained for the League Cup final.

I can agree with all of them except " rent a quote" but the cry from a lot of fans has always been " the manager does not know what he is doing" after a few bad results.

I just hope that finally the powers that be at the club can settle on a strategy and stick with it this time. We're never going to be the biggest spenders in the league (and history tells us that we certainly won't ever push the boat out from a position of strength to really try to win something) so the strategy should reflect that and try to implement something that is actually possible. Do everything in our power to have the best youth set up, the best scouting network and the best recruitment team. All of those things cost money that the club hasn't been prepared to invest previously, so will need a real step change from the top.

That whole set up should then be looking for the best players not already at a 'big' club, or perhaps those already at the big clubs but getting disillusioned at the lack of playing time, all the way from the age of 7 to around 23. If one of those players has got to 27/28 and have has blossomed into a world class talent then they should be allowed to join a 'big' club for a big fee if they have a desire to go (part of the carrot of getting the best young players is their agent knowing they will be allowed to progress to a bigger club than Spurs).

The first team coach has to be one who considers himself just that and who doesn't want control of transfers, one who can work with a DoF to discuss the attributes he needs and then trust the scouting and recruitment team to get him those attributes, somebody who is able to get his ideas across to young players and really get them onboard for the journey that we'll go on. If the coach leaves then the next coach coming in has to have that same philosophy and not be a complete swing to the other direction.

I just hope that finally the powers that be at the club can settle on a strategy and stick with it this time. We're never going to be the biggest spenders in the league (and history tells us that we certainly won't ever push the boat out from a position of strength to really try to win something) so the strategy should reflect that and try to implement something that is actually possible. Do everything in our power to have the best youth set up, the best scouting network and the best recruitment team. All of those things cost money that the club hasn't been prepared to invest previously, so will need a real step change from the top.

That whole set up should then be looking for the best players not already at a 'big' club, or perhaps those already at the big clubs but getting disillusioned at the lack of playing time, all the way from the age of 7 to around 23. If one of those players has got to 27/28 and have has blossomed into a world class talent then they should be allowed to join a 'big' club for a big fee if they have a desire to go (part of the carrot of getting the best young players is their agent knowing they will be allowed to progress to a bigger club than Spurs).

The first team coach has to be one who considers himself just that and who doesn't want control of transfers, one who can work with a DoF to discuss the attributes he needs and then trust the scouting and recruitment team to get him those attributes, somebody who is able to get his ideas across to young players and really get them onboard for the journey that we'll go on. If the coach leaves then the next coach coming in has to have that same philosophy and not be a complete swing to the other direction.
Isn't that exactly the strategy Conte has stated in several interviews?. And Paratici has been detailed to create the structure you describe, and has been getting on with it.
Interesting you appear keen to reintroduce one of the Levy beating sticks of times gone past ie 'a selling club, FFS you're never going get anywhere selling your best oplayers'. Be careful.

The fly in the ointment at the moment is we are not sure if Conte (as he's never telling us he's not)is the right man for such a strategy and our DofF might be disappearing into the ether anytime soon.

Isn't that exactly the strategy Conte has stated in several interviews?. And Paratici has been detailed to create the structure you describe, and has been getting on with it.
Interesting you appear keen to reintroduce one of the Levy beating sticks of times gone past ie 'a selling club, FFS you're never going get anywhere selling your best olayers'.

The fly in the ointment at the moment is we are not sure if Conte (as he's never telling us he's not)is the right man for such a strategy and our DofF might be disappearing into the ether anytime soon.
Most of the noises coming from Conte suggest that he isn't happy with 'project' players and wants the finished article. Mourinho is the same type of manager. We've had great recruitment teams in the past and let them go elsewhere due to not paying them their worth or not implementing their recommendations fully. Our youth academy has been a joke for several years now. The club took some serious short cuts when it came to the playing side of things during Poch's reign and then tried to take another short cut in listening to Mourinho instead of the Pochettino who was already working at the club and knew what we actually needed.

Most of the noises coming from Conte suggest that he isn't happy with 'project' players and wants the finished article. Mourinho is the same type of manager. We've had great recruitment teams in the past and let them go elsewhere due to not paying them their worth or not implementing their recommendations fully. Our youth academy has been a joke for several years now. The club took some serious short cuts when it came to the playing side of things during Poch's reign and then tried to take another short cut in listening to Mourinho instead of the Pochettino who was already working at the club and knew what we actually needed.

This makes the football side of the club look quite shambolic. Almost as if football strategy is secondary to commercial/business strategy. To the point that IF Conte was to leave and immediately be replaced by Pochettino, you'd have to wonder about Pochettino's judgement and sanity...

In what way is our youth academy a joke? I don't know much about the youth academy but I do see players coming through and either getting playing time with the first team or going on to play at a decent level with other teams.

This makes the football side of the club look quite shambolic. Almost as if football strategy is secondary to commercial/business strategy. To the point that IF Conte was to leave and immediately be replaced by Pochettino, you'd have to wonder about Pochettino's judgement and sanity...

This is a fella who has professed his love for the club a few times since he left.

He's as daft and insane as the rest of us. It's a severe form of Stockholm Syndrome at this point.

I was replying to your post about the here and now and the direction going forward. The rehashing/deconstruction of the past has been done to death. (I think Bill Nich deserved longer tbh :)) .

I think you are reading between the lines that Conte isn't happy with this approach (an assessment that I wouldn't totally dismiss myself btw) BUT if it's noise you want, then history tells us the noise Conte usually makes when he is unhappy is clear cut. That is not this.

Glad you see that, mate.

Also only one constant across all of those managerial reigns a decade apart, and I wish you'd see that too. ;)

Your right, there are a lot of fans ( usually the same ones who get their knowledge from the brick stirrers on t W atter and wanabees in the press) throwing toys out of the pram after every bad result. :D:D.

Of course i am not including you, you just have a hate for Levy. :)

Back