• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

I know as much that he is from a Spurs supporting family, as is Lewis - how much of a 'die hard' fan he is i do not know - although id imagine incredibly successful businessmen, such as these two, have little time to dedicate to following a club like your average fan does.

I would assume being the chairperson he can go and watch games whenever they are on.

Does he have another role elsewhere? I do not know.

Lewis would likely be busy elsewhere.

I know as much that he is from a Spurs supporting family, as is Lewis - how much of a 'die hard' fan he is i do not know - although id imagine incredibly successful businessmen, such as these two, have little time to dedicate to following a club like your average fan does.

I'd suggest Levy follows more than the average fan.. he has to live and breath it. Lewis on the other hand.. plays golf in the Bahamas

I would assume being the chairperson he can go and watch games whenever they are on.

Does he have another role elsewhere? I do not know.

Lewis would likely be busy elsewhere.

i meant prior to becoming owner/chairman

anyway im not too sure what JtG was getting at with the question in the first place, Im pretty sure Alan Sugar is a massive Spurs nut and look how well we done under his ownership.

LOL at the fans don't have a say. Yeah OK. The moment that happens.. is the day football dies.

The fans don't have a say in who invests money in the club. Never have.

Chairman and managers have been able to be forced out as a result of fan protests, but investors? No.

i meant prior to becoming owner/chairman

anyway im not too sure what JtG was getting at with the question in the first place, Im pretty sure Alan Sugar is a massive Spurs nut and look how well we done under his ownership.

It wasn't a serious question really :) it's just I've seen and heard people say this when people question his decisions.

I honestly don't think there's an incentive for another sugar daddy to join the Premier League (with the intention if fighting it out at the very top) there's too much competition for them to compete with meaning they'll have to spend more and more money just to keep up with the others, with no guarantee of success. What we'll see is more leagues begin to attract these kinds of owners, France now have two, Russia and the Ukraine also have some

An excellent point...and one being proven...

but 6 top 5 finishes in 8 years with the smallest ground and lowest revenue out of our competitors, thats massively impressive !!!

I agree Marky, but as a fan I so want us to win a FA Cup or once in my lifetime the league, I'm not as young as I was and I haven't seen us ever win the league - I fear I never will :(

I'm delighted with Levy. There have been a ton of these threads and discussions and I'm yet to hear a single solid suggestion of a better chairman. Whenever Enic do sell I hope the new owners keep Levy around.

I'm happy with Enic as long as our ambitions are the same as theirs and I think they will be for at least a few more years.

=D>

All I can do is think about how I feel right now, today, about where the team is going and where the club is going and I'm very happy tbh.

If you look back over his time here you'll see he has consistently backed those in charge of the first team - only recall one particularly threatening relegation battle early on so not quite sure what you mean there. he provided our last manager with a team good enough to challenge for the title (which was squandered) albeit done whilst cutting down on transfer fee's (but with higher wages)

Just who are these risk taking Chairman he should be emulating btw?

He didn't back Hoddle or Redknapp when they needed backing. Redknapp especially as we were so close but didn't re-invest any of the Champion's League earnings back into the squad. Not sure he really backed Jol either, and he completely fudged Ramos with the Berbatov saga.

His treatment of Hoddle and Jol was nothing short of disgusting.

As for relegation battle, I don't know which one you are referring too. There was one the season Hoddle was fired, another the season Jol was fired and the most serious one was when Ramos was fired.

Risk taking Chairman doesn't matter. It's only a risk if you don't have the cash to spare, but we earned some serious cash from that Champion's League campaign and higher Premiership finishes and yet since then our expenditure back into the squad has been really poor. He is playing the long game maybe, using all the money for the stadium?

The most frustrating thing is the squeezing of every penny to get a great deal until right at the end of the transfer windows. Cost us finishing above Arsenal the last two seasons.

He didn't back Hoddle or Redknapp when they needed backing. Redknapp especially as we were so close but didn't re-invest any of the Champion's League earnings back into the squad. Not sure he really backed Jol either, and he completely fudged Ramos with the Berbatov saga.

His treatment of Hoddle and Jol was nothing short of disgusting.

As for relegation battle, I don't know which one you are referring too. There was one the season Hoddle was fired, another the season Jol was fired and the most serious one was when Ramos was fired.

Risk taking Chairman doesn't matter. It's only a risk if you don't have the cash to spare, but we earned some serious cash from that Champion's League campaign and higher Premiership finishes and yet since then our expenditure back into the squad has been really poor. He is playing the long game maybe, using all the money for the stadium?

The most frustrating thing is the squeezing of every penny to get a great deal until right at the end of the transfer windows. Cost us finishing above Arsenal the last two seasons.

Mate, go look at our financial statements, we are not making tons of profit that we are not spending ..

So since enic have taken over I think we would all agree we have vastly improved as a club. Have we had success, apart the league cup, in terms of trophies, no. But is modern football really measured by trophy cabinets? According to arsenal it isn't(not saying we should be happy with our lot or aspire to them). But this isnt the '60s when you can get xi players together and keep them they all want to move to 'bigger clubs straight away(berb/carrick...) you have to grow your business to allow you to keep your players.Can I see us further improve as a club under enic, yes, we have been/are/continue to be an investment for them if the clubs stops moving forward then there investment doesn't grow. This includes in my eyes infrastructure(stadium), success(trophies), bottom line(revenues/profits). The last one is key and that is and will always in football be driven by one and two. I doubt that after enic are finished we will be sold to one individual as we will be worth too much. I can see us being floated again on a stock market after we have built a new stadium and are making a steady profit. Therefore making us a good investment for buying stock in us.

Don't forget the grass isn't always greener. Be careful want you dream for! Leeds/Portsmouth fans will tell you that.

Lost faith in financial statements a long time ago. Too many large organisations cooking the books to pay less tax.

Really?

Are you really saying that the financial statements being published by Spurs are falsified?

What is your source of information then, what is it you do trust to be able to make statements like the one above about us making serious cash that we're not spending on the squad? Please let me know what super trustworthy source this is from, some source that I should rate higher than the official statements from the club.

Reading through this thread, Superhudd comes across quite poorly at times but I think I understand what he is saying and it does make sense:

If Lewis invested £200m with Spurs, he would get multiple paybacks - i.e. Spurs would pull in way more money per game, some of which could go back to Lewis to pay him back, the rest of which would be reinvested in Lewis' team/investment i.e. Spurs, so it is win-win.

If Lewis invested £200m in shale mining or whatever, he would also get a payback.

But investing in Spurs would not be so ludicrous, it would pay him back, it would turn Spurs into more of a force, and we might crack into the CL and pay him back BIG time, so it is a good way for him to invest some money.

I think saying Lewis is a waste of time and should bugger off is way wide of the mark, but I do think he could invest in Spurs legitimately to improve his own company/portfolio and see a return on it.

PS - in terms of players when I see Bentley, Gallas, Florent Malouda, Eric Lichaj, Schwarzer, Arshavin, Dunne etc. released for free I do fully understand why Levy wants to get younger players with a hunger AND a sell-on fee.

Really?

Are you really saying that the financial statements being published by Spurs are falsified?

What is your source of information then, what is it you do trust to be able to make statements like the one above about us making serious cash that we're not spending on the squad? Please let me know what super trustworthy source this is from, some source that I should rate higher than the official statements from the club.

I have no idea, but I don't trust large organisations to be truthful and I don't blame them for that either because they have an obligation to their own financial success. As long as nothing illegal is being done I am cool with that.

I heard some time ago that we are in a lot more serious debt than people realise, but other people tell me that we are cash rich but that it's being set aside for the stadium. It's all pure speculation, but I also know that most successful enterprises are successful because they speculated to accumulate. I don't think we should go nuts, but if getting a player in two weeks earlier costs us an extra £1m, but also gives us the increased chance of Champion's League qualification then I'd back it once in a while. Right now, just once would be nice. I'm hoping that Levy has more faith in AVB than all the other Managers he hired.

I have no idea, but I don't trust large organisations to be truthful and I don't blame them for that either because they have an obligation to their own financial success. As long as nothing illegal is being done I am cool with that.

I heard some time ago that we are in a lot more serious debt than people realise, but other people tell me that we are cash rich but that it's being set aside for the stadium. It's all pure speculation, but I also know that most successful enterprises are successful because they speculated to accumulate. I don't think we should go nuts, but if getting a player in two weeks earlier costs us an extra £1m, but also gives us the increased chance of Champion's League qualification then I'd back it once in a while. Right now, just once would be nice. I'm hoping that Levy has more faith in AVB than all the other Managers he hired.

You don't trust them to be truthful?

You think they are willing to go to jail to try and show the spurs fans that the club has more/less money than we actually have? :lol:

You don't trust them to be truthful?

You think they are willing to go to jail to try and show the spurs fans that the club has more/less money than we actually have? :lol:

Why do you try to take things to extremes? Or do you just not read and skim posts so you can retort with something that you think makes you look amusing or clever?

As I said, big companies are creative and their books rarely tell the TRUE story but at the same time that doesn't mean they are doing anything illegal.

So I ask you why would the Board from a big company go to prison for being dishonest but not doing anything illegal?

Back