• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Englands gay footballer..

Mumorn

Vic Buckingham
Apparently the latest rumours going around is that a member of the England national team is going to come out as gay. I find it ridiculous that this is making it as news (if it is true), it shouldn't be. Who cares about sexuality, it's a ridiculous society we live in when in the year 2014, something little like coming out as gay is still a big deal in sports.

Rumour has it that it's a Liverpool player. If so, I'll go with Henderson.

Last edited:
th

Where exactly are these rumours going round? Where did you hear this rumour from?

Personally I wish it was somebody high-profile who is already revered and generally well-like and seen as quite macho to break the assumptions on how gay men are perceived in public life - which tend to be very effeminate. Somebody like a Gerrard, Terry or Rooney would have been great.

So after your OP says you find it ridiculous that in 2014 coming out is such a big deal, in your very next post you post a Liverpool player with a ridiculous haircut, presumably as evidence that he's gay?

Cool.

Do not get why everyone is going on and on about a footballer coming out as gay it is the sort of leftist politics instigated by the BBC and the Guardian that I hate. Not that I hate gay people as I really do not. It is wrong to generalise of course but I prefer the gay community to the straight one.

Also do not get the current trend for talking about womens sport and making out like it is men's fault that not enough people watch women's football or that the is not a woman's Sky cycling team when it is clear that particular problem is with women for not watching sport.

Back to the gay thing, hope the is one soon because I can almost hear the crying from the BBC and Guardian reporters from my home. About 10 years ago I was in Brighton and I saw a guy walking on his knees with chains round his neck and a sign on his stomach saying "so sorry" I asked him what was going on and he told me he was saying sorry to the black community for slavery. The fella had tears in his eyes.

I expect next time I go back to see him crawling along on his hands and knees with a football wailing away about the gay community. Honestly I think the ones that go on about the fact that there are no openly gay footballers are worse then ones the accuse of homophobia.

Id wager it's someone on the edge of the squad who wants to give himself a better chance of getting on the plane to Brazil.

Or is that too cynical? :D

Id wager it's someone on the edge of the squad who wants to give himself a better chance of getting on the plane to Brazil.

Or is that too cynical? :D

Someone a bit older where there's a younger player in his position currently impressing?

Or someone who read rSol's "biography" and saw the bit that said Addidas would sponser him massively to be the first openly gay England player and is looking for yet another mega pay day?

Apparently the latest rumours going around is that a member of the England national team is going to come out as gay. I find it ridiculous that this is making it as news (if it is true), it shouldn't be. Who cares about sexuality, it's a ridiculous society we live in when in the year 2014, something little like coming out as gay is still a big deal in sports.

Rumour has it that it's a Liverpool player. If so, I'll go with Henderson.

So that was what Fergie meant about his gait.

Seriously, I'd be very surprised if an England player came out before the world cup. This is a big event and players don't get lots of opportunities to play in a world cup, so why introduce a distraction. As someone said, it would only make sense for a fringe player wanting publicity or an older player fearing he was going to be dropped. For instance, someone in Ashley Cole's position (no, I don't think it is him, even if the rumour is true) where he has lost his place and has a promising youngster competing for the backup position. Then the manager might want not to drop him to avoid accusations of homophobia.

Similar arguments apply to any Liverpool player. They are going well and have an outside chance of the title. Any player courting such distracting publicity would fall foul of fans and management.

So that was what Fergie meant about his gait.

Seriously, I'd be very surprised if an England player came out before the world cup. This is a big event and players don't get lots of opportunities to play in a world cup, so why introduce a distraction. As someone said, it would only make sense for a fringe player wanting publicity or an older player fearing he was going to be dropped. For instance, someone in Ashley Cole's position (no, I don't think it is him, even if the rumour is true) where he has lost his place and has a promising youngster competing for the backup position. Then the manager might want not to drop him to avoid accusations of homophobia.

Similar arguments apply to any Liverpool player. They are going well and have an outside chance of the title. Any player courting such distracting publicity would fall foul of fans and management.

Really?

Ashley Cole ‏@TheRealAC3 1h
come on people, sorry to disappoint u but I'm strictly #chicks only

:lol:

@JFergusonSPORT
First openly gay PL footballer who played for England last night will come out as gay on Sunday in a @SunSportNow @TheSunFootball exclusive
6:37 PM - 6 Mar 2014 from Bracknell Forest, United Kingdom

Apparently this is were the rumours have stemmed from. Doesn't specify that it is a male that is coming out, and England's women played on Wednesday night also

Money's definitely on one of our ladies. Sadly, I feel our current male players still have much trepidation with coming out whilst still playing, and for good reason too. The ladies have much lower profiles so one would assume the media **** show wouldn't be as ridiculous.

I'd like to be wrong though.

Back