• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

BBC Sport's Ben Smith: "I am told West Ham are still working on a deal to sign Emmanuel Adebayor. QPR are interested and remain so but the player has indicated that he is willing to join West Ham. Now down to whether Spurs chairman Daniel Levy allows him to."

I'm pretty bewildered by the idea we might be about to play the rest of this season with Soldado and Kane as our only strikers.

I'm pretty bewildered by the idea we might be about to play the rest of this season with Soldado and Kane as our only strikers.

well it seems obvious we are more desperate to get rid....even if it means leaving ourselves a bit short....

I reckon Chadders could do a job up there if needs be.

It could also prove valuable to West Ham....

Apparently the player is currently at their stadium awaiting for West Ham to agree terms with us.

I dont see any difference between paying some of Ade's wages at QPR or West Ham. Both are irrelevant for us.
They aren't our rivals.
This is pretty small time from Levy as far as I'm concerned.

Well Im sure when all this falls on its botty that Ade will have further endeared himself to our faithful by wanting to go to the spam.

I dont see any difference between paying some of Ade's wages at QPR or West Ham. Both are irrelevant for us.
They aren't our rivals.
This is pretty small time from Levy as far as I'm concerned.

Depends really.... if he rips it up for them and were paying for half of it then Levy would look like a fool....

on the other hand Levy really wants rid.....so I doubt its an easy decision for him.

I have shared it privately a couple of months ago with a few people but now we are seeing it play out. This move will come down to whether Levy will agree to subsidize his wages. It is ALL on DL, as it has been from the moment he backed Poch last winter over the player. I personally think we all need to move on and DL needs to learn to swallow pride and see that 50k a week is a saving of 50k a week (being that we would pay half) versus his own ego at 'not giving in' to player and agent sitting back and forcing a move.
EDIT: if it doesn't happen, then we retain a 'striker' who we can obviously use for the rest of the season, and Poch will do what he needs to do. But make no mistake; it would be best for both if he went...

Are there any other youth system forwards currently training with the first team squad? Poch could be willing to rely on another youngster than Ade, perhaps.

Can't see us letting him go unless someone pays for him. Levy will rightly dig his heals in. Why would we pay his wages? On his day he can be a real handful. Imagine him scoring a goal a game at wham and them getting above us? If Kane is out, we may well need him. Therefore unless some pays, we won't let him go at our cost.

The way we play there are many options...frankly, I think you could play Lamela upfront with the three behind him, as those 4 are designed to revolve over and over; note how many times Eriksen is the one up top in a game. We play a more fluid game now. It is absolutely ideal in terms of HAVING to deal with having two 'recognized' forwards in the summer. It isn't ideal, and I'll bet Poch would love a good striker in - but he will already know who he wants in the summer, he will also know that if Ade stays then he will find some use for him. I still think it'd be best if he left...

The way we play there are many options...frankly, I think you could play Lamela upfront with the three behind him, as those 4 are designed to revolve over and over; note how many times Eriksen is the one up top in a game. We play a more fluid game now. It is absolutely ideal in terms of HAVING to deal with having two 'recognized' forwards in the summer. It isn't ideal, and I'll bet Poch would love a good striker in - but he will already know who he wants in the summer, he will also know that if Ade stays then he will find some use for him. I still think it'd be best if he left...

We still need a focal point upfront. No Kane and all there is Soldado. We are in 3 competitions still. Would much prefer Ade up front than Lamela.

Back