• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

You might be, but others aren't.

re-pps: Do we care? When you don't have to work, your work won't care where you are? Until you are supposed to be in work.

re-ppps: selectively believing things, you mean like everyone does all the time? You selectively believe what is most logical given the things you know to begin with.

ps: 'spamsalot'? :p says the guy with more posts?

Dude when the Manager says "we are trying to establish the best flight connections" - thats dodgy - how long does it establish flight connections? The guy isnt in the north pole, he is a few hours direct flight away. The game finished Monday so I would have expected him back by now and im sure AVB will have had the same mindset considering what he has said.

He says we are trying to bring him back for todays or tomorrows training session - so this whole friday thing is media malarky. AVB I think did expect him back for todays training session but saving face and trouble by saying today or tomorrow.

It strikes me as a bit vague thats all.

anyone know where Togo were based, i'm guessing he can't just walk to Johannesburg airport and catch the next flight?

Dude when the Manager says "we are trying to establish the best flight connections" - thats dodgy - how long does it establish flight connections? The guy isnt in the north pole, he is a few hours direct flight away. The game finished Monday so I would have expected him back by now and im sure AVB will have had the same mindset considering what he has said.

He says we are trying to bring him back for todays or tomorrows training session - so this whole friday thing is media malarky. AVB I think did expect him back for todays training session but saving face and trouble by saying today or tomorrow.

It strikes me as a bit vague thats all.

Dodgy yes, however is it cause for people to come out and claim that we should fine/sack him?

I thought the whole idea was innocent until proven guilty. Not innocent until hearsay and rumour suggest otherwise?

anything less than a hatrick from Adebayor against Saudi Sportswashing Machine and he can just fcuk right orf

anyone know where Togo were based, i'm guessing he can't just walk to Johannesburg airport and catch the next flight?

Dont worry Spursalot confirmed yesterday that "I know Ade is in England" (see OMT post 177)

Seems he knows more about this than AVB!!

i see Yaya Toure returned to Emirates Marketing Project yesterday alongside his brother Kolo

Yaya fully focused on catching Utd, telling everyone the race isnt over

Ade???? who knows:-"

Further developments

http://www.tottenhamjournal.co.uk/t...pdates_on_defoe_adebayor_and_kaboul_1_1868007

The Togo international is yet to return from the Africa Cup of Nations, despite the fact that his team were eliminated on Sunday - but Villas-Boas says he has no issues with the forward’s absence and that he will be selected against the Magpies.

“Is he back yet? No, we’re trying to establish the best flight connections for him,” said the Portuguese. “He had issues to take care of as the tournament finished for Togo, so at the moment we’re trying to see if we have him back either for today or tomorrow’s training session.

“I spoke to him on Monday morning. I know where he is, I’m not sure if I want to make it public.

“I don’t think it’s strange. We’ve allowed the players two days off. The players come back today for 3pm training. A couple of them - Dempsey and Assou-Ekotto - come back for 3pm tomorrow.

“We’ve allowed Ade to come back for Friday’s training session if he can’t make it for today’s.

“Will he be rushed back into this weekend’s game? Yes probably. Obviously we have to take a look but we don’t have any news regarding injuries from him, so he’s going to be selected. I haven’t made a decision if he’s going to be in the starting 11, but he’ll be selected for sure.”

Last few pages really highlighting what i said earlier on in the thread - people really can't wait for him to fudge up can they?

Last few pages really highlighting what i said earlier on in the thread - people really can't wait for him to fudge up can they?

To be honest its not that I cant wait to for him to fudge up - I actually like the guy and he is good as a player too - im just bored and trying to stir up some brick haha

I also think its what AVB said in that interview of his that raised an eyebrow or two.

if you read the press, listen to the radio, everyone is having a good laugh at how no-one knows where Ade is. Its not just some Spurs fans wondering whats going on

if you think its because of his Arse connections then I think you're mistaken. He has been fully accepted by the majority. The biggest problem is his form, which tailed off last season towards the end and he hasnt managed to find it ever since.

now we are in a position where Ade is our only striker and we need him back fully focused and ready to bang in a few goals. Seems like players like Tiote, the Toure brothers have already returned and started training with their respective clubs but our manager isnt sure when Ade will be back for Tottenham. Tomorrow morning? tomorrow afternoon? maybe sat morning he'll stroll into WHL and save the day. Hope so. we need him

Further developments

http://www.tottenhamjournal.co.uk/t...pdates_on_defoe_adebayor_and_kaboul_1_1868007

The Togo international is yet to return from the Africa Cup of Nations, despite the fact that his team were eliminated on Sunday - but Villas-Boas says he has no issues with the forward’s absence and that he will be selected against the Magpies.

“Is he back yet? No, we’re trying to establish the best flight connections for him,” said the Portuguese. “He had issues to take care of as the tournament finished for Togo, so at the moment we’re trying to see if we have him back either for today or tomorrow’s training session.

“I spoke to him on Monday morning. I know where he is, I’m not sure if I want to make it public.

I don’t think it’s strange. We’ve allowed the players two days off. The players come back today for 3pm training. A couple of them - Dempsey and Assou-Ekotto - come back for 3pm tomorrow.

“We’ve allowed Ade to come back for Friday’s training session if he can’t make it for today’s.

“Will he be rushed back into this weekend’s game? Yes probably. Obviously we have to take a look but we don’t have any news regarding injuries from him, so he’s going to be selected. I haven’t made a decision if he’s going to be in the starting 11, but he’ll be selected for sure.”

Adebayor: Can i have time to take care of some personal issues?

AVB: Sure, just make sure you are back in training on friday at the latest.

AVB says he knows where he is, but won't tell us. Probably because it's absolutely none of our business?

if you read the press, listen to the radio, everyone is having a good laugh at how no-one knows where Ade is. Its not just some Spurs fans wondering whats going on

if you think its because of his Arse connections then I think you're mistaken. He has been fully accepted by the majority. The biggest problem is his form, which tailed off last season towards the end and he hasnt managed to find it ever since.

now we are in a position where Ade is our only striker and we need him back fully focused and ready to bang in a few goals. Seems like players like Tiote, the Toure brothers have already returned and started training with their respective clubs but our manager isnt sure when Ade will be back for Tottenham. Tomorrow morning? tomorrow afternoon? maybe sat morning he'll stroll into WHL and save the day. Hope so. we need him

Apart from the fact that AVB says he knows where he is.

Apart from the fact that AVB says he knows where he is.

knowing where he is but not being 100% certain when he will be back. :-k Like i said, right now we are in the position where all that matters is that he is back in time to be named on the team sheet.

The biggest problem is his form, which tailed off last season towards the end and he hasnt managed to find it ever since.

Etc

There is a malicious poster on here who disguises himself with different names who has propogated this myth about Ade's form last term. Ade scored almost exactly the same amount of goals in the second half of last season as the first half.
And as for his form tailing off last season

HE SCORED IN EACH OF OUR LAST 2 GAMES!!!!!!!!

http://www.worldfootball.net/teams/tottenham-hotspur/2012/3/

As for being "out of form" he has scored 1 in the last 2 EPL games and scored for Togo.
Defoe should be so out of form.

Last edited:
Dealt with appropriately?

Some of you make me laugh.

Pretty much every online paper i can get my hands on states that he was expected back in training on friday.

Is it friday yet? No.

People just can't wait to jump on a player who isn't playing well and will see fault where there is none yet to be found.

Edit: Even the article Denmark Spur posted up the page mentions it.

I see what you're saying, but it's equally annoying when people refuse to criticise one of their favourite players when they are playing badly or their behaviour is unprofessional. I'm not saying he is being unprofessional, but it does strike me as odd. Surely the club would have wanted him back sooner? You know, considering that he is our only fit striker.

Last season against Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home Adebayor produced one of the very best performances I've ever seen from a Tottenham player, a 10/10 if I've ever seen one and it would almost certainly be in my top 5 of all time.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xok34l_to5ne0-go_auto#.UROhItV1Dzw

Just a reminder of how good he can be when he puts his mind to it.

He was even better imo against Liverpool at home.

Trouble is he hasnt played anything like that this season

I see what you're saying, but it's equally annoying when people refuse to criticise one of their favourite players when they are playing badly or their behaviour is unprofessional. I'm not saying he is being unprofessional, but it does strike me as odd. Surely the club would have wanted him back sooner? You know, considering that he is our only fit striker.

Oh he's definitely been playing badly.

The club may want him back sooner, but they would more so want him back happy. We've not seen enough of that smile we saw last season.

Oh he's definitely been playing badly.

The club may want him back sooner, but they would more so want him back happy. We've not seen enough of that smile we saw last season.

Definitely. His position within the Togo squad puts a lot of responsibility on him off the field as much as on. Now that they've gotten through this I hope he's in a better state of mind.

He was even better imo against Liverpool at home.

Trouble is he hasnt played anything like that this season

So far.

He has been injured and is just coming back into form. Like Defoe, I don't care much whether or not Ade scores as long as he is getting into scoring positions, the team plays well and scores which they have been doing while Ade has been playing. Comfortable wins with us scoring 3 or 4 goals.

Back