• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

you are kidding me??!!!

so why do young players need "role models"?

whats the need for experience in a squad?

its actually something that happens in every single walk of life let alone football....a dominant personality either encouraging or leading people astray.

you honestly cant see how one human being can have a negative impact in a community?

no wonder this is easy for you and jurgen

Ade is fast looking like a poison to me and a potent one at that

oh please the only people who blame others for their own failings are weak minded people!

you know as much about Emmanuel Adebayor the person as I do...as in naff all!

Cant you be clinical and assess the positives vs the negatives?

Think about the pressure our manager will be under if results dont come.....the media will keep chipping at Harry for every game without a goal....He needs help....we need help in this regard and you cant see this due to having a blind hatred of someone you have never met???

ok then.

you dont understand , if you give in to PLAYERS, the club, YOUR club has already lost.

You are placing the player power over the club power. right now Ade is walking all over your face trying to get you do agree to at least a 3 month tea bagging exercise.

he is doing what he wants and you are saying "fine you got me, your will is stronger than Tottenham"

players are going to look at us like a bunch of spineless muppets they can take fora ride

Cant disagree more with what you have said above.

I am saying that sometimes its better to find some common ground and think of the overall picture than to just give in to blind hatred and make a bad situation 10 times worse for yourself.

Nigel, Jurgen, please shut up. Now. Go to bed.

If his carry on really that much worse than some former Spurs players who refused to play and forced our hand to sell them? Plenty would have Berbs back in a heartbeat just to name one.

I'm not defending Ade I can't stand the guy, but the hypocrisy is pretty funny.

If his carry on really that much worse than some former Spurs players who refused to play and forced our hand to sell them? Plenty would have Berbs back in a heartbeat just to name one.

I'm not defending Ade I can't stand the guy, but the hypocrisy is pretty funny.

Not a chance. A clam is a clam.

I'd begrudgingly take Modric or Bale on a free.

You know as well as I how fickle we all are....if he hits contract ade form we will all be praising him!

Time to think of the bigger picture....

I dont like it...you dont like it but the TRUTH.........we need him.

That's just about the biggest if their is, the chances are incredibly low.

Also regarding your point on man management, he's played under about 10 different managers that I can recall, he's had these problems under all of them, Poch is in good company.

Better to cut our losses and make him get a fresh start somewhere else or leave the game completely imo.

That's just about the biggest if their is, the chances are incredibly low.

Also regarding your point on man management, he's played under about 10 different managers that I can recall, he's had these problems under all of them, Poch is in good company.

Better to cut our losses and make him get a fresh start somewhere else or leave the game completely imo.

That opinion is perfectly reasoned, but Soldado has gone and we only have Kane so very begrudgingly, I vote to play him until his contract runs out then drop kick his arse out the back door.

I said some time ago that we shouldnt burn our bridges with him and that id far rather be paying him 100k to play than not until we had a replacement, be aware he is difficult but try and manage the situation. Think i got accused of defending a mass murderer

Reactions: DTA
I reckon we should get an offer in from Qatar. Then when we show it to him have some Wizard of Oz trickery put on to show divine blessing - release some doves and fake a lightning strike or something

That opinion is perfectly reasoned, but Soldado has gone and we only have Kane so very begrudgingly, I vote to play him until his contract runs out then drop kick his arse out the back door.

Fair enough, I think anyone in the squad we could play there, in Kane's theoretical (albeit inevitable, this is Spurs) absence would do a better job than Ade, he is clearly in no frame of mind to be a PL footballer, who knows when he even did a proper training session last.

Also, as has been pointed out, we have a wide out pace threat now with N'jie and Son, we can setup without a 9 and still hurt teams.

Fair enough, I think anyone in the squad we could play there, in Kane's theoretical (albeit inevitable, this is Spurs) absence would do a better job than Ade, he is clearly in no frame of mind to be a PL footballer, who knows when he even did a proper training session last.

Also, as has been pointed out, we have a wide out pace threat now with N'jie and Son, we can setup without a 9 and still hurt teams.

I hope you are right. Of course, I would rather not play him, but if I have to choose between playing and him and potentially finishing lower in the league, give me the first option.

Does this mean I have officially sold my soul to the devil?

Reactions: DTA
I hope you are right. Of course, I would rather not play him, but if I have to choose between playing and him and potentially finishing lower in the league, give me the first option.

Does this mean I have officially sold my soul to the devil?

I think that happened when you turned away from gods husky voice ;-)

with no other strikers imminent I would be tempted keep him and try and get something out of him unless we can get all the wages paid.
How on earth does putting him on gardening leave help us or him even??

Poch gets paid money from our club to do a job, so does Ade.

I doubt our other players will care for his beliefs they will care for what he does on the pitch.

I am saying Poch should be a big man and admit that we need to build bridges with Ade and quickly.....of course none of us wanted this but thats the way it is.

Benefits of a reintegrated focused Ade if Poch does his job and eats some humble pie
-less pressure on Harrys young shoulders
-we are not pis*ing away 5m for a year for nothing
-we have more options in our squad and a player who we know can score goals at this level
-Ade in contract year...you never know he may want to show he still has it!

Sometimes in life we have to accept things we dont like! I hate it but I can see how placing him on gardening leave helps us?

Sometimes you need a bit of compassion in life.... offering a way back, Poch should thrash it out with Ade for the benefit of our club! I would hope he can grasp this.

No....to all that.

I dont want Ade in our shirt for the reasons you have mentioned which I believe are more accurate than the other stuff being touted about.

what I really really care about is Tottenham winning football matches and progressing, I would rather ade involved in the set up than having young Kane have a burden on his shoulders which he shouldn't have to bear! I do not want us to ruin Kane!

yes Ade was a massive mistake but its time to make the best of it....cant see how gardening leave helps us win matches or gives us a chance to rotate things in our squad.

Maybe I am totally wrong on this one, but we are light up top and reintegrating Ade seems like an option we should pursue considering we are really light on cf options.

You are wrong.

pig sick.

I see the point you are making and I accept it.

If you dont feel I have made any relevant points then fair enough, if you think I am speaking cod-sh** then also feel free to tell me.

Please bear in mind I want whats best for the club I love, Harry needs some help up top and someone else to shoulder the burden, we are paying a striker 5m a year....to do what exactly?

If we dont even try to offer Ade a way back after this transfer deadline debacle then we are only harming ourselves even more imo and making a dire situation even worse.

You think I want to join an Ade fan club? wrong....I want whats best for the club we both support.

'Best for the club' and 'Ade'.....does not compute.

Back