• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Great news that's he back in training and that AvB knows what a difference he can make to our overall game. Ade has to start when fully fit which I'm guessing is another two or three weeks.

Defoe on at 60 mins depending on the situation.

Great news that's he back in training and that AvB knows what a difference he can make to our overall game. Ade has to start when fully fit which I'm guessing is another two or three weeks.

Defoe on at 60 mins depending on the situation.

No chance of that happenong. Instead, Defoe will continue to play as he performs to the top of his ability in spite of Adebayor being able to play at the next level up. Sorry, just seems to be the way that things seem to be working at WHL. :oops:

No chance of that happenong. Instead, Defoe will continue to play as he performs to the top of his ability in spite of Adebayor being able to play at the next level up. Sorry, just seems to be the way that things seem to be working at WHL. :oops:

:lol:

Wow, and with Lloris being picked today my opinion has changed. Perhaps Adebayor will be given a first team spot as soon as he has his fitness back. Defoe has been excellent this season but he is still largely wasteful with his shooting. Defoe has improved his game with adept touches and the ability to now play players in but Adebayor is the more capable striker as far as hold up is concerned and I would still trust him more in the box to finish his chances. Defoe still strikes me as a player who is more likely to try to hit a thunderbolt of a shot, no matter where it goes than to finish carefully. He has as I've said impressed me this year but Adebayor is the better player of the 2.

Thought he was good today, but if he's going to spend so much time arsong about out wide and in the midfield, we may as well stick him behind Defoe and start them both. We didn't have a striker for large parts of his 20 minute cameo.

SO now that Togo have made the ANC it seems we will be without Adebayor for the best part of January when we have 4 league matches (including Man Utd) and possibly 2 rounds of the FA Cup. If Defoe were to get injured or suspended.....

In Jan Llorente will have 6 months left on his contract, a bid maybe?

SO now that Togo have made the ANC it seems we will be without Adebayor for the best part of January when we have 4 league matches (including Man Utd) and possibly 2 rounds of the FA Cup. If Defoe were to get injured or suspended.....

but then how do you keep Adebayor and Llorente happy when we seemingly only have one slot available for a forward ?

Llorente will be very expensive in january.

Whilst they have to look to sell him, any move to purchase him will just push other clubs into making offers that will be far superior to ours.

Just not going to happen.

Llorente will be very expensive in january.

Whilst they have to look to sell him, any move to purchase him will just push other clubs into making offers that will be far superior to ours.

Just not going to happen.

I think you could be surprised you know. I just don't see many teams who might want him, actually having the space to take him on given their options already/potential targets.

Chelsea - Seem nailed on to go after Falcao

Emirates Marketing Project - No room and might want to go for Falcao above anyone anyway

Man Utd - No room and don't need him

Arsenal - Not sure they would spend but a possible rival.

Liverpool - Possible rival but not sure they have the funds given recent seasons expenditure

Real Madrid and Barca arent going to go in for him to my mind and he won't go anywhere else in Spain. That leaves Juventus and Inter in the frame as possible destinations with possibly the potential for the likes of Zenit, Anzhi and PSG to be in for him but are they really that likely a destination for Llorente?

I think If we went in and showed interest he would be very willing to talk to us and we could manage to talk the fee down, Bielsa cannot wait to get rid and we have just as much to offer in different ways as the likes of Juve/Inter just by being in London and the Premier League.

I think you could be surprised you know. I just don't see many teams who might want him, actually having the space to take him on given their options already/potential targets.

Chelsea - Seem nailed on to go after Falcao

Emirates Marketing Project - No room and might want to go for Falcao above anyone anyway

Man Utd - No room and don't need him

Arsenal - Not sure they would spend but a possible rival.

Liverpool - Possible rival but not sure they have the funds given recent seasons expenditure

Real Madrid and Barca arent going to go in for him to my mind and he won't go anywhere else in Spain. That leaves Juventus and Inter in the frame as possible destinations with possibly the potential for the likes of Zenit, Anzhi and PSG to be in for him but are they really that likely a destination for Llorente?

I think If we went in and showed interest he would be very willing to talk to us and we could manage to talk the fee down, Bielsa cannot wait to get rid and we have just as much to offer in different ways as the likes of Juve/Inter just by being in London and the Premier League.

........please. Stop doing this to yourself. He will join Arsenal or Chelsea. They both need a striker in his mould, they both have more money than us to spend and Champions League football to offer which we don't. Unless we look like we have a realistic chance of winning the title in January, which is VERY unlikely considering that last January we looked like we had a realistic chance and we didn't even make CL, then he will sooner stay at Bilbao and leave on a free in the summer than join us.

Start writing your Llorente is a cheat/paedo/racist/whatever jokes now, because in a few months time you will absolutely despise the sight of him.

but then how do you keep Adebayor and Llorente happy when we seemingly only have one slot available for a forward ?

That is the whole thing in a nutshell.

I am still puzzled as to why Llorente did not leave in the last window. He seems made for the EPL. Him in and Defoe out in January is a prospect I do not have negative thoughts about.

........please. Stop doing this to yourself. He will join Arsenal or Chelsea. They both need a striker in his mould, they both have more money than us to spend and Champions League football to offer which we don't. Unless we look like we have a realistic chance of winning the title in January, which is VERY unlikely considering that last January we looked like we had a realistic chance and we didn't even make CL, then he will sooner stay at Bilbao and leave on a free in the summer than join us.

Start writing your Llorente is a cheat/paedo/racist/whatever jokes now, because in a few months time you will absolutely despise the sight of him.

Why are you adament he will join either of those two?

If you say Bilbao will want big money then it rules Arsenal out straight away whether they have the money or not because it doesn't fit in with Wenger's ethos. Add to that the fact that he has Giroud, Podolski, Walcott and Gervinho all there to play up top.

Chelsea so blatantly have a hard on for Falcao and it is a matter of time before they look at bidding for him. They have just changed the way they play and what type of forward they have - why would they go for Llorente when he so clearly wouldn't fit in with this interchangeable style of the front 3 that they crave?

Juventus are a bigger threat to us than Chelsea in this case and I still think that if it was a straight choice between us and Arsenal that we could still swing it but it would be dependant on assurances, our performance to date, wages etc

Why would he go to Arsenal? It would be like Wenger admitting he fudged up.

Chelsea is a strong possibility but he knows he would be number two to Torres.

Why did nobody else go for him? At Spurs (if JD goes) he would be on an equal footing with Ade.

He would also be first choice at Juve, the current Italian champions, who are also in the CL. They're also in need of a powerful, big-name forward.

Juve looks his most likely destination. Followed closely by Chelsea., because the 'he knows he won't be first choice' isn't really a valid argument when Hazard, Oscar, Moses, Marin and Eden's little brother Thorgan all signed for them despite knowing that they already had Mata, Sturridge, Lampard, Malouda, and Ramires filling the AM role at the club.

Adebayor on the brink, The Sun at it again...

They really have it in for AVB and Spurs dont they, Rob CFC to the core Beasley wrote this utter brick today

EMMANUEL ADEBAYOR’S Tottenham future is in the balance.

The striker, 28, increasingly believes he has no future under manager Andre Villas-Boas.

Adebayor has not started a Premier game this season — and has managed just 82 minutes on the pitch.

He was on the bench again yesterday for the clash with Chelsea despite Gareth Bale missing the game as his partner went into labour.

The former Gunner was signed for £5million just two months ago.

That followed a loan spell from Emirates Marketing Project last season when he scored 17 goals in 32 Premier League games.

A Spurs source said: “Manu wants to play and he really hoped to be in with a chance of starting against Chelsea.

“Mentally he saw that game as a make or break for him at Spurs.

“It’s obvious now that AVB doesn’t fancy him and Manu thinks it’s better he left.”

Re: Adebayor on the brink, The Sun at it again...

Yes, a Spurs source would say that, wouldn't they? A source close to the player might be plausible, an agent brick-stirring, but its just stupid so early in season when he wasn't signed or hasn't been fit for most of the time.

AVB has being making a statement that players playing well stay in the team and star names don't get an automatic place. Letting Lloris and Adebayor earn their spots in the team and rewarding Friedel and Defoe for good play sends a good message to the rest of the team. It might weaken us a bit in not playing the best team, but should pay dividends over the season with better team morale and less tiredness down the stretch.

If I performed like this in my job, I'd be out in an instant.

How are these idiots allowed to get away with this?

More fool the people who buy this brick anyway.

would it really be that much of a surprise if he left?? I reckon QPR in Jan for 8 mill

i just dont see Ade doing the hard work in closing down that Defoe, Sig and Dempsey currently do...if this pressing from the front really matters to AVB then will he get the same effort from Ade??

Back