• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: Adebayor

Dont think anybody is arguing NOT to buy another striker, but I would like to see what Ade can do with a full pre season under his belt, and possibly more competition for the striker position. On his best he's one of the best strikers in the PL, and I have a feeling he can come back to that form for us.

That's all well and good. But he's one of our highest earners (possibly second, behind Bale) and I'm just not sure we're in a position - from a budgetary standpoint - to hold on to him unless we know he's going to play a major role. And his reliability issues means we *don't* know that for sure. I'd love to have the Adebayor of two seasons ago. But if it's only 50-50 whether or not *that* Adebayor is going to show up, and if his wages are preventing us from bringing in someone with a better chance of doing the job... then it's a no-brainer for me.

Emirates Marketing Project or Monaco might be able to afford the luxury of a 100k per week striker who can't be arsed. Right now, Spurs can't.

I'd prefer if no one came in for him at 5m to just do a deal to release him, than have him here next season. Doesn't make economical sense, but it shows how much I do not like him as a person. He doesn't play for anyone other than himself. fudge him.

He's never managed to shake of the reputation the Gooners gave him after her left them. I love him, he hates Arsenal, he said before he loves spurs. He was great first season. If it wasn't Adebayor and was a striker who didn't already have a reputation no one would begrudge his last season. He was initially up against an on fire Defoe then he got injured, then the ACON and more niggling injures but as soon he gets fully fit and a run in the team he's great again.
A fully fit Ade for a season is a guaranteed 14+ goals

He's never managed to shake of the reputation the Gooners gave him after her left them. I love him, he hates Arsenal, he said before he loves spurs. He was great first season. If it wasn't Adebayor and was a striker who didn't already have a reputation no one would begrudge his last season. He was initially up against an on fire Defoe then he got injured, then the ACON and more niggling injures but as soon he gets fully fit and a run in the team he's great again.
A fully fit Ade for a season is a guaranteed 14+ goals

Simply not true. If the first season was not him looking for a long term contract I might agree, but it was. I would say the same about any player that was on loan looking for a long term deal then to say fudge you all with his performances, and then to rub our faces in the brick he has laid out for us all he decides to go on a three game spurt of decent performances and correct attitude and aptitude to say to everyone look at me.

I say fudge off and good riddance. Sell him to play in Azerbaijan

Simply not true. If the first season was not him looking for a long term contract I might agree, but it was. I would say the same about any player that was on loan looking for a long term deal then to say fudge you all with his performances, and then to rub our faces in the brick he has laid out for us all he decides to go on a three game spurt of decent performances and correct attitude and aptitude to say to everyone look at me.

I say fudge off and good riddance. Sell him to play in Azerbaijan

I just don't believe it. I don't think he think I'll try 7 amount this game because I've got a contact. OH neat the end of the season best start trying 10.
To put it simply I think he wants to play regularly and do well for Tottenham and that seems far more plausible than the Idea that he just want to pick up his pay check as he'd have stayed at City! Not gone on loan to us and Madrid and eventually move to us

To put it simply I think he wants to play regularly and do well for Tottenham and that seems far more plausible than the Idea that he just want to pick up his pay check

Have you noticed that loads of fat people say they want to lose weight, but they don't?

Wanting to do something and actually putting in the effort, willpower, determination to do it... two very different things.

The way he dingdonged everyone around when coming back from the ACN was the final straw for me - what a selfish, thoughtless human he is

Why do fans on this site hate our strikers?

Ade is our first choice striker who scored 2 in our last 3 EPL games. He was our top scorer the previous season.

What amuses me is everyone that says we have to sign Benteke because he scored 19 goals last season. Ade scored 17 the season before and they're both money chasing mercenaries capable of acting like ****s in order to get what they want.

What amuses me is everyone that says we have to sign Benteke because he scored 19 goals last season. Ade scored 17 the season before and they're both money chasing mercenaries capable of acting like ****s in order to get what they want.

Good point.

It's not really. Ade was diabolical last season, we want a striker, Benteke was great last season, is young and wants to join. Bingo.

Take away a lack of pre season training, low confidence and uncertainty over his future and Ade is far more proven than Benteke. If given a chance he will have a great season.

Take away a lack of pre season training, low confidence and uncertainty over his future and Ade is far more proven than Benteke. If given a chance he will have a great season.

I certainly hope so. ITK reports are that he is working hard in training. He is in form, he is a pleasure to watch play football..what's not to like?

Genuine question this, not a wind up... if Adebayor stays and scores 5 league goals this season (or a few more, but basically the same 1 in 5 rate he scored last time... no ACN this year so he would likely play more games) would you still insist we should keep him in the hope he returns to the form of his first season? Basically, how long does a player have to be off the boil before you'd be willing to give up on him?

Genuine question this, not a wind up... if Adebayor stays and scores 5 league goals this season (or a few more, but basically the same 1 in 5 rate he scored last time... no ACN this year so he would likely play more games) would you still insist we should keep him in the hope he returns to the form of his first season? Basically, how long does a player have to be off the boil before you'd be willing to give up on him?

This "off the boil" player scored 2 in our last 3 EPL games.

Back