• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emirates Marketing Project

Is this really a thing, surely at that level they are mentally conditioned and paid well enough to make that moot?

I remember David Pleat speaking about Harry Kane's loans a couple of years back (and the loan system in general), and he was saying that being in a match-day squad gives a player invaluable experience. Even if not selected to play, being involved in the build-up, and being in the dressing room at half time when things might be a bit "heated" depending on how the first half has panned out, is totally different to anything they will have experienced before.
Plus, as I think Gary Neville said, it's also a reward for hard work and application.

Is this really a thing, surely at that level they are mentally conditioned and paid well enough to make that moot?

Well if Steven Gerrard who played the game at the highest level and came through a youth system says its an invaluable experience it has to hold some water.

On the flip side then why don't these clubs just scrap their youth systems then? Because at the minute its just a white elephant if you are not going to use it.

Well if Steven Gerrard who played the game at the highest level and came through a youth system says its an invaluable experience it has to hold some water.

On the flip side then why don't these clubs just scrap their youth systems then? Because at the minute its just a white elephant if you are not going to use it.

For Chelsea and City it's about making money from selling these kids after a few years out on loan.

For Chelsea and City it's about making money from selling these kids after a few years out on loan.

Unfortunately, yes. Spent all this money on this incredible, sprawling campus literally next door to the stadium, and yet little desire to incorporate these awesome talents into the first team. Instead they'd rather loan them out to other members of the 'CFG' in order to increase market value. We don't care about that, or net spend. We want to be proud of our team. Things are going well on the pitch, but the thing at the back of every City fan's mind is that a few weeks ago marked the 10th anniversary since a Mancunian started for us in the Premier League.

The fans ADORE Phil Foden. He won Young Personality of the Year for GHod's sake, his potential is unbelievable. He shone for his England team in that advanced role, scoring in the final. When he came back, he was given a start in the Champions League. Seeing his name in the XI was legitimately a top 5 moment of this season for me. So when the teams came out and it emerged Pep was playing him at left back, it dawned on me what this academy means to the club and management (see first paragraph).

He should be ashamed, and embarrassed. As should the club. Disgraceful thing to do.

We DO have a lot of injuries, 5 of our ideal outfielders I believe were unavailable. However, for Pep to bring 6 subs, in some kind of protest, was utterly despicable. How disheartening for the lads in the EDS and U18s, for Pep to opt for nobody over them. Brahim Diaz keeps being brought on with 10 minutes to go, to get the brick kicked out of him and boost Pep's youth minutes statistic. No wonder Jadon Sancho left. Diaz will definitely leave with his contract up in just over a year, and the fans are going to end up begging Foden to not leave.

Unfortunately, yes. Spent all this money on this incredible, sprawling campus literally next door to the stadium, and yet little desire to incorporate these awesome talents into the first team. Instead they'd rather loan them out to other members of the 'CFG' in order to increase market value. We don't care about that, or net spend. We want to be proud of our team. Things are going well on the pitch, but the thing at the back of every City fan's mind is that a few weeks ago marked the 10th anniversary since a Mancunian started for us in the Premier League.

This goes for most clubs in the PL. So much money being thrown away at mercenaries in order to avoid relegation one more year. Add in the fact that the bottom half clubs generally ignore the cups, what is left for the fans to care about?

Guardiola is obviously a good coach, because his teams all end up with a very dominating and successful style of play (though he does need a big group of very talented players to achieve this). But the more I hear him talk, the more I think he is a massive pr1ck. He comes out with some absolute nonsense.

Guardiola's six sub stunt was political. While it might also be an sign for his funders to buy more players, I think the main target was the FA and referees. "Look what happens when you don't protect our players, we can't name a full bench".

Guardiola's six sub stunt was political. While it might also be an sign for his funders to buy more players, I think the main target was the FA and referees. "Look what happens when you don't protect our players, we can't name a full bench".

Yeh you could be right and I think he was proving a point but using the game to make a point like that again reflects on him. Like the BBC interview that time, it just takes away from what he is as a coach for me.

Part of mental conditioning is making events familiar in the mind.

There's no substitute in that sense for standing in the tunnel before a match with Sky cameras pointed at you. For walking out to 60,000 shouting fans, etc.

The more a player does that, the easier it is to tune it out in their mind

Same reason they have a classroom in the stadiums for the local asbo kids or adults that cant read, it is good PR.

Part of mental conditioning is making events familiar in the mind.

There's no substitute in that sense for standing in the tunnel before a match with Sky cameras pointed at you. For walking out to 60,000 shouting fans, etc.

The more a player does that, the easier it is to tune it out in their mind

It is why strippers always look more relaxed in their 40's that and their saggy tits hit their knees.

Back