• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emirates Marketing Project

Emirates Marketing Project will get away with it in the same way Chelsea have. Its a non-story again. Loads of “this punishment will happen”, “that punishment will happen” when in reality nothing will happen. The Prem haven’t got the bollox to punish them because it will end up cheapening their brand.

Its all flimflam, lets face it.

They should either Cap the spending of all clubs, or just abolish the caps altogether.

We got the independent regulator coming in though. The prem might feel they have to show they can police their own league. Otherwise everyone will be under scrutiny.

We got the independent regulator coming in though. The prem might feel they have to show they can police their own league. Otherwise everyone will be under scrutiny.

Government white paper was to be being published tomorrow (now put back for at least a couple of weeks).
Interesting timing re the PL making this announcement today.

Emirates Marketing Project will get away with it in the same way Chelsea have. Its a non-story again. Loads of “this punishment will happen”, “that punishment will happen” when in reality nothing will happen. The Prem haven’t got the bollox to punish them because it will end up cheapening their brand.

Its all flimflam, lets face it.

They should either Cap the spending of all clubs, or just abolish the caps altogether.

I don’t think they will get away with it. If they do then that weakens the profile of the league. Pushing a team alleged to be financially fraudulent as one of the poster teams of the league. The league would come out with greater strength, if Emirates Marketing Project are guilty, by ruling them as such and throwing the book at them.

Show that this league is to be a league without cheats and that if teams do cheat then they get punished accordingly.

The teams should be part of the league and not rule the league. The fact that all this came back up shows real likeliehood that Emirates Marketing Project are guilty of at least some of the charges. Relegate them, throw the book at them, stop clubs like that from being a rich man’s play toy.

Can the PL impose relegation on them? I mean aside from a massive points deduction that would guarantee them ending up in the bottom 3 and so being relegated as a matter of course.
There would have to be an agreement between the PL and EFL for relegation under any other means to happen?

Can the PL impose relegation on them? I mean aside from a massive points deduction that would guarantee them ending up in the bottom 3 and so being relegated as a matter of course.
There would have to be an agreement between the PL and EFL for relegation under any other means to happen?

Yes. Many of the rules they allegedly have broken mention as (possible) punishment cancellation of their membership of the premier league. Now if the efl will take them is another question.

Yes. Many of the rules they allegedly have broken mention as (possible) punishment cancellation of their membership of the premier league. Now if the efl will take them is another question.

Now that would be funny if they were chucked out of the PL and the EFL said well we don't want you either.
Realms of fantasy I know.

So if they are eventually found guilty on these charges, or a significant number of them, does that then mean that the PL needs to re-run its 'fit and proper' person's test with regards to the owners?
I don't see how the club could be found guilty on such a scale and the owners still be allowed to operate in the PL (assuming expulsion isn't the outcome), unless they can somehow distance themselves from what happened, which seems somewhat unlikely. Although money always has ways of finding convenient sc.apegoats.

So if they are eventually found guilty on these charges, or a significant number of them, does that then mean that the PL needs to re-run its 'fit and proper' person's test with regards to the owners?
I don't see how the club could be found guilty on such a scale and the owners still be allowed to operate in the PL (assuming expulsion isn't the outcome), unless they can somehow distance themselves from what happened, which seems somewhat unlikely. Although money always has ways of finding convenient sc.apegoats.

We've seen with juve the board resigned. The prem doesn't have the power to seize the club or force a sale (as far as i'm aware). Just block a purchase or punish misconduct.

No matter what the outcome of this will be, there are some who will profit massively.

Lawyers.

They always do. World is literally run by lawyers as most politicians are one these days. Only skills are how to flimflam enough to win an argument.

Back