• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eid Mubarrak for tomorrow

Papercut

Jermaine Jenas
Just like to wish an Eid Mubbarak for the posters/lurkers for tomorrow.

Amazing if you kept your fast for the last month particularly during the summer daylight times (no food, drink, chewing, smoking, etc for those that do not know).

Hopefully it's a better Eid with a Spurs win tomorrow!

Just like to wish an Eid Mubbarak for the posters/lurkers for tomorrow.

Amazing if you kept your fast for the last month particularly during the summer daylight times (no food, drink, chewing, smoking, etc for those that do not know).

Hopefully it's a better Eid with a Spurs win tomorrow!

Fantastic achievement, I've got the utmost respect for those who have observed it during the summer months, any time of year obviously, but summer months especially. It makes not eating meat on a Friday look a bit tame.

It has been tough this year. Happy Eid to all!

You probably know the Tesco at Skimpot, opposite the Halfway House, they have a massive promotion on there as you walk in related to Eid, it really brings it home to me how hard it must be at this time of year compared to late autumn when the days are short.

Without wishing to be glib, it's your faith that sees you through.

Just arrived in Turkey a few hours ago. Does anyone know if Eid is going to be here tomorrow?

You probably know the Tesco at Skimpot, opposite the Halfway House, they have a massive promotion on there as you walk in related to Eid, it really brings it home to me how hard it must be at this time of year compared to late autumn when the days are short.

Without wishing to be glib, it's your faith that sees you through.

Much to the EDLs distress all the major supermarket chains have had Ramadhan and Eid promotions.

With regards to the length, the thirst is the hard bit, I can do without food but the water really does push you for the last few hours especially in this weather.

im sure it is hard.

I aint gonna steal youre guys thunder etc grrrrr but I do a fast through lent (usually around two months) where I dont eat any meat, fish, poultry, dairy, eggs, cheese etc - thats fudging tough.

EVERYTHING has one of those things.

I guess it is a good achievement to go the month sticking to the rules (the muslim girl I work with gave up after 3 days, probably didnt help that I brought sweets in every day and stuck them on the spare desk next to her).

However, good achievement, but utterly pointless.

I guess it is a good achievement to go the month sticking to the rules (the muslim girl I work with gave up after 3 days, probably didnt help that I brought sweets in every day and stuck them on the spare desk next to her).

However, good achievement, but utterly pointless.

That's crass and I expect far better of you. :gav:

That's crass and I expect far better of you. :gav:

Which bit? The sweets on the desk next to her, well you can't expect others to change, all part of the challenge.

And the utterly pointless comment... That's just how I see it, I'm not sure what it achieves. I read somewhere it is suppose to make you appreciate what you have and understand suffering. These days I can't see how it does either, you fast safe in the knowledge you can stuff your face once a day and that should it all get too much you can just stop and food is readily available. I did a day of it this year, one of the guys sent an email round with donate your lunch money and take part. I did, but it didn't change anything for me.

I just see it as tradition now, I don't believe it changes anyone or has a point. But don't get me wrong, I obviously have no problem with anyone taking part and would be understanding if say a colleague had to leave a meeting as it was time to break a fast.

It is also by means of fasting that those who never have to hunger or thirst are (to some extent) made personally aware of the plight of the underprivileged, which thus evokes a degree of social consciousness. - I just googled it and read that, and I do have a problem with it. Do it because it is tradition, but don't pretend you now understand how those starving parts of the world feel. But I'm just explaining my pointless comment, as it is in that regard, but I'm fine with people actually doing it.

That goes for lent as well, do it as it's traditional, don't patronise starving countries by pretending you know how it feels to go without though. And I hope no one is stupid enough to miss my point and just see it as a criticism of the whole thing.

Last edited:
Yeah. Just patronise a billion people why don't you! If you think it's pointless why not keep your opinion to yourself? I bet you turn up at funerals and tell the mourners not to cry as its 'just a rotting corpse'!

I used to work with loads of Bangladeshi boys back in the day. Would call in sick, turn up late no problems. Would fast during the day but still drink alcohol in the evening and smoke shed loads too!!

I'm sure the older generation stick to it religiously but from what I've seen it's a bit of fun to the youngsters!

I fasted during work hours out of politeness for those who it really applied to, there are only 3 non Muslims in the office and it seemed a bit lame if we couldn't manage 9-3 while they are doing all daylight hours.

And then we got a week off. I went to Munich. Others went to Thailand, Turkey, USA. It isn't too bad a life!

Back