• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dyer/Bowyer Fight (2005) - Dyer speaks!

I appreciate fans want to keep football in its bubble and the "he's done his time" line is nice and convenient. But these people get a lot of our money and are role models for our kids, and hence an influence on the future of our society. Do I want my son cheering a convicted rapist? No thank you.

As a fan who could be described as "British Asian" I suppose it struck quite a chord with me. I also knew of Bowyers roots - an aquaintance of mine also got caught out with a previous misdemeanor of his. The guy is scum. The attack was savage and reflective of this.

Woodgate was not the same character granted but there was no remorse or apology. Time mellowed my thoughts a little though.

Wasn't there a professional club, maybe Wolves, that refused to sign Bowyer following huge protest from their supporters?

Did Bowyer admit he hit the guy due to his skin colour or was it a fight and people put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5 as usual!?

Did Bowyer admit he hit the guy due to his skin colour or was it a fight and people put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5 as usual!?

Oh come off it Roy. In much the same way, not everyone is playing the race card as is the case in your eyes 'as usual'. Read up on the cases where he has been involved in incidents. The fact that he once told a Bangladeshi Mcdonalds worker that he didn't want to be served by a Paki before throwing chairs at him should give you a slight hint where his head lies. Or is that just friendly banter?

Just to be clear, Bowyer was cleared of charges relating to the attack on the Asian students. It was his friends who were sent down. He did have to pay fines for a stream of lies in his statements according to the judge.

The fact that large sections of WEST HAM supporters didn't want him at the club due to his alleged racial views...!!

Oh come off it Roy. In much the same way, not everyone is playing the race card as is the case in your eyes 'as usual'. Read up on the cases where he has been involved in incidents. The fact that he once told a Bangladeshi Mcdonalds worker that he didn't want to be served by a Paki before throwing chairs at him should give you a slight hint where his head lies. Or is that just friendly banter?

If he actually said that then that's unacceptable.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/uk/2001/bowyer_woodgate_trial/default.stm

Lots of reports there.

The lad was chased and kicked unconscious. Woodgates mates the only ones who went down, but he was convicted of "affray".

I also think both got off lightly. Again, the idea about "not being found guilty in a court of law" just doesn't wash with me. Would you let Michael Jackson babysit your kids? Too much mud here.

Anyway, just because he didn't go down doesn't mean to say he was blameless. He was CONVICTED of having a part in this.

Sol Campbell, Jonathon Woodgate. Two excellent centre backs to have both played for Spurs in my time as a fan. Both to$$ers.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/uk/2001/bowyer_woodgate_trial/default.stm

Lots of reports there.

The lad was chased and kicked unconscious. Woodgates mates the only ones who went down, but he was convicted of "affray".

I also think both got off lightly. Again, the idea about "not being found guilty in a court of law" just doesn't wash with me. Would you let Michael Jackson babysit your kids? Too much mud here.

Anyway, just because he didn't go down doesn't mean to say he was blameless. He was CONVICTED of having a part in this.

Sol Campbell, Jonathon Woodgate. Two excellent centre backs to have both played for Spurs in my time as a fan. Both to$$ers.

Check out his face. He looks like the cnut he is. Sometimes people just have THAT look about them.

Back